PDA

View Full Version : Just a thread to make all the school age people in the south jealous!!!

mugsy
02-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to let all you southern school kids that our school district has yet another 2 hour delay...that means school doesn't start until 10 am....and who knows....they may cancel and we get another day off. :p :p :p

See...even the teachers like the delays and cancellations! lol

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-02-2004, 09:08 PM
We might FINALLY get one too!

Cookiebaker
02-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Boy do I miss school! :eek:

Seems like no matter how bad the weather is, I still have to go to work. :(

Amber
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Awww! Well we are under a winter Advisory! So maybe we will get 1 hour or 2 hour delay! that would be awsome!:D But I dout it

micki76
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Boy do I miss school! :eek:

Seems like no matter how bad the weather is, I still have to go to work. :(

Uh uh. Not me. I'm a Texan through and through and I can't drive on that stuff. Of course, here just the mere mention of winter weather shuts us all down! :p

mugsy
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
We are under a winter weather advisory....we have freezing rain and sleet that is supposed to turn to snow after midnight. Only an inch of snow, but, with the ice, it's making the roads horrible. There are SOME perks to teaching!! lol A job I love and don't have to go to work when the roads suck! lol

Crikit
02-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I remember those days...to bad we don't have the same rules here. I always lived in walking distance to the school and the rule here is if you can get to school on time you get to school on time. However whenever the buses were delayed or didn't show up at all we had the easiest days ever. Oh and we didn't and the schools still don't get any snow days unless the temp without windchill is below -40.

lovemyshiba
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
The kids here have had a heck of a vacation.
They were off on Monday, January 19th.
They were off last week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and a 2-hour delay on Thursday.
As for tomorrow--we're expecting sleet, rain, and about 9 more inches of snow tomorrow, so I'm sure they'll have another day or 2 off!!!

Enjoy your sleeping in time!!!!:D

Kfamr
02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
That's okay... We'll just think of you when we go to the beach after school!:p

mugsy
02-02-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm in luck Kay Ann....I'm not a big beach person unless it's Lake Superior!! lol But, have fun!! You can get my tan for me!! hhehehe

lovemyshiba
02-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Are you home today Molly?

The kids here are--even Penn State cancelled--that NEVER happens!!!!!!

I can't see anything but white out the windows!!!!!!!

ramanth
02-03-2004, 11:04 AM
It was 35 degrees this morning with some rain and the snow is starting to melt... but it's going to get cold again with a little extra snow this evening. :D

During that snow storm last week my mom had three days off in a row. :) (She works in the school kitchen.)

mugsy
02-03-2004, 04:59 PM
We had school today. 2 of the school systems in the county closed, but, we're in the city, so we just had a delay. The roads in the neighborhoods were like skating rinks, but, the main roads were fine. We got no snow, but we had ice.

dukedogsmom
02-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm way past school age and I'm still jealous! I want some snow too! Lucky thing, you.

Amber
02-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
We had school today. 2 of the school systems in the county closed, but, we're in the city, so we just had a delay. The roads in the neighborhoods were like skating rinks, but, the main roads were fine. We got no snow, but we had ice.

Same here...The sidewalks and the road are covered in ice..Man, it was muder just trying to walk to the bus stop, lol I kept sliping...kept feeling like I was gonna fall :p