PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime

sirrahbed
02-02-2004, 08:39 AM
This is bedtime at our house. All three cats have their alarm clocks and gather on the bed when they know it is time! They don't leave much room for humans though! Funny, but shortly after the human get in and they all get some attention, they all leave for awhile and go screaming around the house like "a herd of turtles" as hubby calls it. Later on, we feel them return, except for Eliot who sleeps in his own bed on a high perch. Emily's spot is right in the middle and Dylan likes my pillow:rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pa9f01d8e8f59aab06aa3087f83a35f12/f9bd4c2c.jpg
I had to crop out the human...too scary!!!

catnapper
02-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I had to crop out the human...too scary!!!
Too funny!

What a sweet gathering of kitties! I couldn't sleep last night because both guys slept in one of the kid's beds. I actually had room in the bed and I couldn't sleep because it felt so... empty!

catlover4ever
02-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Too funny!

What a sweet gathering of kitties! I couldn't sleep last night because both guys slept in one of the kid's beds. I actually had room in the bed and I couldn't sleep because it felt so... empty!

Goodness, I thought I was the only one who when the bed is empty of kitties could not sleep. It is good to know that I'm not the only one. If my bed is empty, I actually have to go and try to find one to come into bed with me.

ramanth
02-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I have a tiny single sized bed, so it's fun when Kia, Zam, and Logan all try to get their spot on the "big" bed. ;) :D

Cute pic!

jenluckenbach
02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
If only someone would come to out house and take a picture of 8 or 9 cats pinning us under the covers!!!!!:D

catcrazylady
02-02-2004, 01:07 PM
How cute!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Are you sure that Dylan will FIT on your pillow!!! He must be wonderful to snuggle with! Peanut Butter is a major snuggler but not in the bed!! I think he gets too hot and prefers to sleep in the coolest parts of the house.
The faces on all your babies are so sweet!!! (That includes Missy!) :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Laura's Babies
02-02-2004, 02:17 PM
My twin size bed is not going to be big enough for all 4 of us when Giz and Amy get grown but I don't want to give up the space for one any larger. We will just have to learn how to "snuggle".

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
If my bed is empty, I actually have to go and try to find one to come into bed with me.

Me too. :D

Peanut is weird. If I physically pick her up and bring her to bed, she will stay there all night....until Tubby starts licking on her anyway. :rolleyes: But if left to her own devices, she will only come to bed when it's really cold, which means I've had two kitties in bed for the last week or so. ;) :D

sirrahbed
02-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
If my bed is empty, I actually have to go and try to find one to come into bed with me.
Catnapper and Meg - This so true!! I will go looking for or calling for...a kitty.. if the bed is empty :D What would we do without our bed buddies??:rolleyes:

Yes, CCL, Dylan does fit on a king sized pillow - sort of. I am on the very edge - so as not to disturb his royal highness...always leave him plenty of room. I LOVE to roll over and bury my face in his fur:D - though have rediscovered ALLERGIES!!:eek: Oh well - it is well worth the watery eyes and itchy nose.

Kirsten
02-02-2004, 05:02 PM
This is so sweet! :)

Originally posted by catnapper
I actually had room in the bed and I couldn't sleep because it felt so... empty!

I agree! I've got a new blanket last week and since I have it, my cats won't sleep on my bed anymore! :confused: Sprayed the blanket with Feliway today, hope it works and makes them come back, I miss them!

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Aww, you sprayed your blanket with Feliway? Good idea!! My cats don't like new things either. I hadn't thought of doing that.

Such a cute picture. Our Samantha does that - tries to herd us up to bed, lies there until we settle down and then leaves!! Does she want to make sure we are safe or what?

Daisy on the other hand. will only come up to the bed if we are lying down; then she comes and snuggles in at my chin and purrs and purrs.

Jessica (mummy ex-feral cat) would not be caught dead on the bed in absolutely ANY circumastances!!!

Kirsten
02-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Aww, you sprayed your blanket with Feliway? Good idea!! My cats don't like new things either. I hadn't thought of doing that.

Yes, I thought since Feliway contains facial pheromones, it would help them to become familiar with it.

Kirsten

Sirrahsim
02-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
The faces on all your babies are so sweet!!! (That includes Missy!) :D :D

:o :D :D

Lorraine
02-02-2004, 08:25 PM
..."screaming around the house like a herd of turtles." LMAO!!

I wish my cats slept with me. They both prefer to sleep with my kids.

CatDad
02-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Jessica (mummy ex-feral cat) would not be caught dead on the bed in absolutely ANY circumastances!!!
Must be a ex-feral thing. Joey has only slept on the bed a couple of times. It might be that the Bob chases off during the night, this is a distinct possiblity.

Anyway, loved the picture. They all look so sweet. AAAWW!!

I loved your husbands "a herd of turtles" description. That had me rolling. Luckly I was not drinking anything at the time.:eek:

I have problems falling asleep if Bob is not in bed. However, he sleeps on my partners side of the bed at the bottom corner, most of the time. So, I don't have to give up any leg room.:D However, most of the time, after I crawl into bed, he will come and sit on my chest and get loving then after about 5 minutes he rolls off my chest and onto his back next to me and will stay there until I fall asleep. So I get to fall asleep with him purring next to me. I love that.:)

kimlovescats
02-02-2004, 09:25 PM
What an adorable and cozy picture!!! Looks like my bed!!! ;)

Uniqueviking
02-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Looks like when it's bedtime here too. The 4 babies pretty much hog most of the bed, duvets and pillows and Boomer has me pinned down, lol!