PDA

View Full Version : happy barkday alex!

joycenalex
02-02-2004, 06:58 AM
today i celebrate alex the wonder dogs' birthday! it's so great to finally have him called a geriatric dog! he's 8, i know most people wouldn't be excited by that, but i was sure that he was going to die from complications from his seizures when he was 2 and they were coming fast, furious and hard. i was so scared that i would lose him. that winter i found an article in dog fancy about a web site for epileptic dogs, www.canine-epilepsy. com, so i checked it out, and that saved alexs' life. i found better foods, a much better vet and changed many of the things that i was doing, under the old vets instructions that was lowering alexs' seizure threshold, leading to more seizures. i learned to web surf and found many sites that could help him, and could help me deal with his disease.
alex is slightly brain damaged, sweet, silly, an champion counter surfer, loves to sit in my lap to nap and watch tv. he loves nyla bones, peanut butter, carrots, & popcorn. he LOVES to go for walks or to the park to run. he's just a wonderful companion, and one of the largest blessings in my life.
happy birthday alex, may you have many more!

dukedogsmom
02-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Hurray for older dogs! Happy Birthday Alex! I'm so glad that he's survived this long and hopefully you'll have many more happy years together.

RobiLee
02-02-2004, 07:20 AM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEX!!!!

I am wishing you all the best on your special day. You have a very special mommy there and it sounds like you are very special to her. Have fun today and do lots of celebrating!

Hugs and Tailwags....Robin :)

katienoonan
02-02-2004, 09:39 AM
*Lucy clears throat*

Happy barkday too roooooo, happy barkday to rooooo, happy barkday dear alex, happy bakrday tooooo rooooooooooooo!!!

lizbud
02-02-2004, 09:41 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX ,

I guess you're not called the Wonder Dog for nothing sweetie.:D

You sound like not only a wonder but a delight to your family
and friends. Many happy, healthy returns of the day. :)

Logan
02-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Alex!!!! :D :D :D

ChrisH
02-02-2004, 01:15 PM
:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!! :D

K9soul
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Happy Birthday sweetheart!!! May you have many many more!

Give Alex a hug and kiss from me :)

ramanth
02-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Happy Birthday Alex! :D

anna_66
02-02-2004, 03:54 PM
HAPPY BARKDAY ALEX!!!

tatsxxx11
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Happy 8th Birthday, Alex, you precious pupper!!!:) What a beautiful tribute your Mommy shared with us! You are one brave, beautiful boy and we too are SO happy you're a seasoned citizen!!! What a joy you are to your Mom!! Congratulations sweetheart! And here's to many, MANY more happy b-days! Love, hugs and slurpy licks from Sandra, Cody and Star!