PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl??

Moose
02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Is anyone else on here completely uninterested with the Super Bowl...and football in general? I just don't understand the entertaining part of it. Maybe it's because I don't understand it, but either way...I just find it so boring. Josh has been watching it from the beginning...and I tried, but I just couldn't stay there watching. :o I did my best, but I only lasted through the first 15 minutes.

Anyone else with me on this? lol. :p:D:p

Kater
02-01-2004, 08:15 PM
<--- Not a football fan!

Moose
02-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Good...so I'm not the only one? ;)

I'm just sitting on the couch with my laptop, and everytime I look over at Josh or try to strike up a conversation, he just seems lost in "football world." Blech...

Uabassoon
I hate football.

micki76
Yes. I find it stupid, actually. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :o I'm actually sitting here watching Notting Hill. Don't really know why since I have it on DVD. :rolleyes:

delidog
02-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Do You mean The Stupid Bowl???

Moose
02-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Ah, Micki...I wanted to watch Notting Hill, but Josh won't let me touch the remote...and I don't feel like going into my room to watch it. lol. Oh well, I have it on DVD. Josh is making me watch the Super Bowl, so tomorrow I'll make him watch Notting Hill. Awesooome. lol

RubyMutt
02-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes! I had tickets to go see 'Chicago' live in Seattle today :D It was nice to get away from all these crazy football fanatics here at home! However, I'm home now and the game is still on. At least I have Ruby and PT to keep me company.

Chicago was awesome, BTW. Possibly the best musical I've ever seen! It was a great production.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Nope. I don't like Football. :p

mugsy
02-01-2004, 08:27 PM
I'll throw my 2 cents in....I ADORE football. I'm playing on Pet Talk (and posting to my little heart's content on the NFL thread in the dog house! lol) AND watching a VERY good game.

Uabassoon
02-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Chigaco is great, I saw it around 5 years ago and loved it. The movie is horrible in comparison, it leaves out a lot of good parts.

petlover
02-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I don't like football.. I like to look at the guys that play football...:o :o Forget that I said that, I am more of a baseball fan.:D ;) But I do find the Super Bowl BORING.. I like the commercials WAY MORE then I like the game itself.. I guess I just don't understand it...

RubyMutt
02-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Chigaco is great, I saw it around 5 years ago and loved it. The movie is horrible in comparison, it leaves out a lot of good parts.

Ditto. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but it's so hard to compare the real live versions to the movies. Scenes/songs are always left out, and generally, IMO, the performers are always much better live. And I love the live orchestras! :D

And now, Ruby and I are off to complete our Super Bowl boycott by going for an evening stroll :)

slleipnir
02-01-2004, 08:36 PM
All I see thats any good about the superbowl is that survivor is on after it..so hurry up and end!!! I really don't like football

Uabassoon
02-01-2004, 08:38 PM
I loved the movie, but it's so hard to compare the real live versions to the movies. Scenes/songs are always left out, and generally, IMO, the performers are always much better live. And I love the live orchestras!

Same here, I even own the movie and enjoy watching it.. but it's nothing compared to the show. I always feel sorry for the orchestra. The longest show I've ever done lasted two weeks.. and it was horrible (well, until I got my paycheck :) ). But night after night it's the same thing, no one ever really notices you. But I like that in Chicago the musicians are on stage and not in the pit (or at least when I saw it they were onstage).

trayi52
02-01-2004, 08:41 PM
All I know about football is well there is a bunch of guys chasing this one guy that has what you call a football. So he is running and dodging around these other guys, and then they all jump on top of the guy carrying the football(he should know better than to run around a big field like that with a ball, he should know all the other fellows is going to want to take the ball away from him anyway!!:rolleyes: ) Then they have to remove each layer of men until they see who has ended up with the football. After that they chase the one that ended up with it for awhile until somebody runs across a line or something????

Am I good at this game or what???;) :p ;) ;)

Willie

Moose
02-01-2004, 08:45 PM
LMAO Willie :D:D:D

You're not just good, you're great! I'm thoroughly impressed! :p

I made Josh take a two second break from his "big game" to read this...he cracked up. haha :p

Kfamr
02-01-2004, 08:49 PM
I used to like football.... but not anymore. The only interesting part was when Nelly performed at halftime! :D

Cookiebaker
02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
LMAO @ Tray!!

You got that right! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
LMAO Willie! :D :D :D

trayi52
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
These fellows just don't learn! We try to teach them to share as little boys, but do they listen?? Nooooooooooo! They all want to play with the ball at the same time! Why? Its not even round, you have a very hard time rolling it around on the ground, the only thing you see rolling are the fellows that get knocked out of the ways by the others that are determined to take it away from somebody??? And they don't roll very well either! :confused:

Go figure????:confused:
Willie

slick
02-01-2004, 09:28 PM
I HATE SPORTS!!!!

But I just watched the winning goal by the Patriots only because it was on the same channel as Survivor!!! I loved seeing the butt shots :D :D

Why can't these TV stations get the priorities straight??? Survivor was supposed to start 30 min ago!!

Oh God, now there's some stupid Post-Game show :mad: Yea, yea, yea you won. Get the trophy and let's get on with Survivor.

binka_nugget
02-01-2004, 09:32 PM
I can't stand watching sports on tv. I love playing football, basketball, soccer, and whatever else but I'm too impatient to wait and watch it all.

:mad: I want Survivor to start!

GoldenRetrLuver
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
These fellows just don't learn! We try to teach them to share as little boys, but do they listen?? Nooooooooooo! They all want to play with the ball at the same time! Why? Its not even round, you have a very hard time rolling it around on the ground, the only thing you see rolling are the fellows that get knocked out of the ways by the others that are determined to take it away from somebody??? And they don't roll very well either! :confused:

Go figure????:confused:
Willie

Oh Willie...you're a crackup. :D

trayi52
02-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Just wait girls and see who survives the football game, then you gonna know who is on Survivor! Oh he'll be the one holding the funny shaped ball.....;)

popcornbird
02-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I like sports, but watching them on tv.............nope. I just can't! It gets SO boring!!!! I can't stand watching football. I can't stand watching soccer. I can't stand watching baseball. I can't stand watching basketball. I can bare with ice hockey for a few minutes before I leave the room. :p

Watching sports on TV just isn't my thing. I find it boring, and a useless waste of time! I mean, sitting around for HOURS watching a game and doing nothing else is useless in my book. :p Heck I find TV boring to begin with. I'm a computer person. :p He he he...........

Moose
02-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm impressed with myself...I actually watched the last few minutes of the last quarter. I figured I would see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't the slightest bit interested...but eh, oh well.

dukedogsmom
02-02-2004, 06:17 AM
I HATE football!!!!!!!! And I really hated having to wait for the stupid game to be over with to watch Survivor.

Pam
02-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Count me in as another one who thinks football is dumb. My apologies to those of you who like it. I am not trying to sound mean, but it just doesn't do anything for me. As a rule I don't care for any sport where there is a whole team of players and one ball to keep track of (basketball, ice hockey, etc.) I prefer baseball as there is one player in the spotlight at a time and the ball is so much easier to follow! :) Fortunately for me, my husband and son are not football fans. Now when NASCAR season starts, that is another thing!

anna_66
02-02-2004, 07:19 AM
I am not a football fan by any means, but my husband loves it so I ended up picking a team and of course it was the Panthers! Luckily they made it to the Superbowl..so of course I watched. Unfortunatly they didn't win and for some reason I was PO'd. Can't explain it since I don't like football!
But the girls....they were ready to watch the game!

anna_66
02-02-2004, 07:20 AM
:D

lovemyshiba
02-02-2004, 08:11 AM
What an adorable picture Anna!!!!!

I watched the game (mostly)--we were over at a friend's house. The boys were watching the game and the lingerie bowl downstairs, and we girls were upstairs with the game on, but not really watching it.
We did watch the halftime show though--enough to catch Janet Jackson's, um, exposure!!!!!

RobiLee
02-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Yes. I find it stupid, actually. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :o I'm actually sitting here watching Notting Hill. Don't really know why since I have it on DVD. :rolleyes:

Notting Hill is one of my favorite movies and I just bought the DVD the other day and watched it!!

I like the Super Bowl. I'm a football fan. I was turned into one by my husband and son. Its something that we all watch as a family and that is a big part of why I like it so much. Same with Nascar!! I'm not saying that I always understand what is going on and I'll be the first to admit that I get a little bored and usually fall asleep during the game, unless its the Vikings playing then I'm screaming and hollering but I really do like that it is something that the 3 of us actually come together on and have some family time.

Robin :)

RobiLee
02-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Anna, that is a great picture!! I love it. I was cheering for the Panthers. Sorry they didn't pull it off.

Robin

catnapper
02-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Ha ha! So I'm not alone? I HATE sports of any kind. We had a huge superball party last night and I spent the night upstairs watching the Murder She Wrote Marathon!

The hard part is that I'm married to a sports freak with three kids that love sports too... so I'm the odd man out!

Logan
02-02-2004, 08:57 AM
I'm with Mugsy (Molly), I love watching football, as well as many other sports, on tv and in person! :) Hated it that the Panthers lost, but what a fun evening it was for us, with friends, and the Super Bowl! My daughter enjoyed it too! I guess it just depends on one's individual personality. Nothing wrong with hating it, as there are many alternatives on television, and you can always spend time with your pets too! I enjoyed sitting on my friend's couch with her 150 pound Chocolate Lab in my lap!!!!! :D :D :D

2kitties
02-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I think the Super Bowl is so much fun! Had a party, lots of fun. My team lost, but they put up a good fight:) I enjoy it.

Logan
02-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Glad to know there is someone out there with Mugsy and me, 2kitties!!! :D

Felicia's Mom
02-02-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't mind listening to football on the radio..That is probably because the announcers make it sound interesting.. I don't like to watch it either in person, or on television though.

RICHARD
02-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Sounds like most of you women are bitter that men will make you watch the Super Bowl with us, but balk at watching ice skating....

My brother had a thought about making ice skating/dancing interesting......

Put tacks on the ice.......

Perfect scores every time!;)

-------------------------

lol,

Being a guy I only read, "Having 150 pounds of chocolate in my lap"...

That's a party!

ParNone
02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Oz has decided that football is the best sport ever. I was only halfway watching the game during the first half. I didn't get to go to the superbowl party I was invited to, because of Murph's surgery, so it's not quite as fun watching by yourself. But I was rooting for the underdog, Carolina and when the game got exciting in the 4th quarter, I was woohoo'in at every great play. Oz was bouncing around the room, happy to be celebrating, even if he didn't know what was causing all the excitement.

Murph and Maddie absolutely loved Rocket basketball during their 2 championship seasons. I was just nutty whenever I watched'em on TV. M&M would get so excited, we'd all bounce around the room together. Evidently there's just nothing quite as exciting as me watching sports on TV. ;)

Par...

Shelteez2
02-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I used to like football.... but not anymore. The only interesting part was when Nelly performed at halftime! :D

And he looked SO good! *sigh* LOL I wasn't watching, but almost everyone I knew phoned me and told me he was going to be performing...LOL

ramanth
02-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I love to watch football and for the most part, I watch the Superbowl for the commercials. :D I also cheer for the underdogs... so I was cheering for the Panthers.

I love to play sports more so than watch them. I can't really watch baseball or golf... but football.. that's fun to watch.

NASCAR on the other hand..... woohoo!!! Feb. 22nd cannot come soon enough! :D

P.S. Anna, those pictures of Roxey and Huney are so cute!

Cincysmom
02-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

NASCAR on the other hand..... woohoo!!! Feb. 22nd cannot come soon enough! :D

Don't wait til the 22nd, Kim! NASCAR starts the 15th!!! ( The first race on FOX is the 22nd, but Daytona is sooner!)

I'm another HUGE sports fan!!! To watch I prefer Football, college basketball or NASCAR, to play I prefer softball, volleyball to basketball

Corinna
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
all of you who watch did you not see the half time incedent? no one has said any thing about it of the commercials.

trayi52
02-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Corinna, Did the half time show really show singer Justin Timberlake tearing off singer Janet Jackson’s top, exposing her breast? I just read somewhere that it did. LOL. No wonder the guys like watching football.;)

Willie

slick
02-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Corinna, Did the half time show really show singer Justin Timberlake tearing off singer Janet Jackson’s top, exposing her breast? I just read somewhere that it did. LOL. No wonder the guys like watching football.;)

Willie

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4131637/

trayi52
02-02-2004, 07:37 PM
LOL, Slick The final lyric of the song “Rock Your body,”goes, “Going to have you naked by the end of this song.”So I guess thats what he wanted to do??
;) :D

CamCamPup33
02-02-2004, 07:44 PM
LOL, Slick The final lyric of the song “Rock Your body,”goes, “Going to have you naked by the end of this song.”So I guess thats what he wanted to do??
;) :D

OH! haha, i didnt notice that! LOL! Actually, i watched it! It was.. Boring, i didnt understand it.. All i knew was that i was going for the panthers.. Lol, just because a friend of mine was going for the patriots, he and i had a little "Bet" :p lol

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 11:52 AM
It started with Shaq O'neal with his post game interview...

F and S, a one game suspension that reportedly cost him 225,000 dollars.....

Then, the commercials-The horse flatulence commercial-women, where are your voices????-

Kid Rock.....Funny stuff, a scraggly looking dude draped in an American flag poncho, Nelly trying to figure out what he has in his pants.....

Then Justin 'bad boy' Timberlake gets bold and exposes the 'third boob' on stage....In our culture if I got within 10 inches of anyone's boob they'd be screaming 'bloody murder'-

I am sorry, it's part of THEIR act.....but I am not acting...

Women where are your voices???

I happened to get Shaq in the morning for breakfast, commercials all day as snacks, Breast for dinner.....No Thanks, I'll have the salad instead!

And a great game in between.

It's not just JJ's breast, it's when and how I am served them....Most women calling into talk shows claim that 'it's just a breast'....

O.k.
If it's 'just a breast', go to the video store and rent a 'tastefully done' Playboy centerfold tape and pop that sucker in at dinner and see how uncomfortable and quiet the table gets.

I am sure that if Justin had exposed himself we would be having the same discussion only it would be, "it's just a penis".......

I have no problem with nekkid people but I want to be served them at the time I am ready to consume the material.....I have no problem with freedom of
speech, At least the Kid wasn't burning my flag.

As far as wanting someone 'naked before the song ends' with some grinding tossed in and a rapper scratching at a UTI, I think I'll pass.

Wait a second!
Horses with gas is pretty funny, especially when you are on a date with an impossible woman....

I would give a million bucks to watch "Fergus"
take a 'Nip of Nelly'...Drop that Budweiser, son!!!

When the Next Gen shows up with their own set of unique problems we will only have ourselves to look at.

Let's just paint a nipple on all the problems and
call it a costume malfunction.

gini
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Do you know what gets me? She is getting all of this publicity....for her talent? NO!

for her boob being exposed.

Pretty sick.............

A new low in television and a new low in use of the brain in making decisions.

well, it did take your mind off of her brother for a day or two.

lovemyshiba
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gini

well, it did take your mind off of her brother for a day or two. [/B]

Exactly.:rolleyes:

But Richard, it was just a boob.

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2004, 02:59 PM
The only part of the Superbowl I watch is the opening and half time (I find watching a bunch of grown men dressed in funny outfits jumping on top of each other less than entertaining.)

So I saw the big tear. But I have to say..I heard Janet Jackson's top tear but I didn't see her boob. I didn't even know what had happened until I read it in the newspaper.

How big a screen do you have if you could see "it?" How many times did you have to rewind the TIVO to see "it?"

And where did they get those dancers????? (Not Janet's men. They obviously came from the local S&M club.) My husband said they must have asked people in the stands to dance on the field.

ramanth
02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Cincysmom
Don't wait til the 22nd, Kim! NASCAR starts the 15th!!! ( The first race on FOX is the 22nd, but Daytona is sooner!)

BLESS YOU! I had no clue. (Silly me should of checked the official website) ;) :D

lovemyshiba
02-03-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

How big a screen do you have if you could see "it?" How many times did you have to rewind the TIVO to see "it?"

I was watching at a friend's on his 60 inch television, and I missed it.

All of the boys were downstairs, and the girls upstairs. My friend is a bit of a nut with all of the satellite channels for sports, so he has 7 televisions in his basement--1 big one, with 6 surrounding it. There was something called the "Lingerie Bowl" on during the Super Bowl--guess what the boys had on the smaller tvs?:rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Exactly.:rolleyes:

But Richard, it was just a boob.

Just a boob?

But, I want to see a boob on my own time, not when some b rated singers show me......

I expect a football game, not a bunch of crotch grabbing, boob exposing second rate stars, singing hits with lyrics that don't rhyme, that aren't understood and are filled with hints about sex.......

Don't get me wrong, I like to curse, drink and look at 'men's magazines'....But if your message is about 'all that' just get over your bad self and say it....Don't stick it code or plan it as a
'shocking finale' to your super bowl appearance, then lie about it afterwards.

It was the skeezy way they went about breaking the rules...

And here's a little challenge to everyone that thinks it's just "a boob".....

Whip one out during a school assembly, office meeting or at the supermarket...

Where people least expect it...or better yet during a halftime at the local hi school when football season starts.......

It's not a boob, It's a about decency, having a little consideration for people who really don't think that this is the 'right time' for something like that.

And when a guy does a "JUSTIN" to you or a friend remember, It's just a boob-don't call the cops or any other authority-if Janet Jackson can handle it-anyone should be able to.

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
(I find watching a bunch of grown men dressed in funny outfits jumping on top of each other less than entertaining.)

LOL,

That wasn't football.

That WAS THE HALFTIME entertainment.

gini
02-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Richard, I agree. What kind of message did that little incident send to all young males? Yeah, go ahead just rip off her bra.....I saw it done on television - so it must be alright.

Sleaze..........just plain sleaze.............

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by gini
Richard, I agree. What kind of message did that little incident send to all young males? Yeah, go ahead just rip off her bra.....I saw it done on television - so it must be alright.

Sleaze..........just plain sleaze.............

and to clear up the confusion, I only read the articles in my men's magazines...:rolleyes: ;) :eek: :p