PDA

View Full Version : Harley got hit by a car

petlover
02-01-2004, 02:35 PM
We suppose that Harley ( my dog) got hit by a car last night. She was found by the back gate last night by my mom. Her leg will not bend and is hurt. We are almost positive that it is broken. Her whole right side looks like she was hit on that whole side. Her head is scratched up and her right side is swollen. Her eye is red. The vet is closed today, and we wouldn't be able to take her anywhere far right now because she can't walk, and we can't carry her.. I'm all confused....:confused: :confused: :confused:

micki76
02-01-2004, 02:39 PM
You have to take her to the emergency vet asap. There must be one near you. Get her there as soon as possible. If you don't know where one is in your area, call your normal vets office and see if they have one on their recording or if they have a number you can call for emergencies. Please don't just leave here there, in pain. :(

CamCamPup33
02-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by micki76
You have to take her to the emergency vet asap. There must be one near you. Get her there as soon as possible. If you don't know where one is in your area, call your normal vets office and see if they have one on their recording or if they have a number you can call for emergencies. Please don't just leave here there, in pain. :(

Agreed! Cant you call someone, and ask for them to come to you, If you cant take her?

tatsxxx11
02-01-2004, 02:48 PM
There must be a vet on call near you. Try your vet and ask the answering service. Isn't there ANYONE who will help you lift her into the car??? A neighbor??? She might have internal injuries along with her injured leg and eye.:( Please try to get her there now!!!

Tonya
02-01-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Harley. I hope she'll be ok. I agree, get her to the vet ASAP!

Toby's my baby
02-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Last year Cassie (my cat) was attacked by something and we were sure she wasnt going to make it, it was on a Sunday too. My mom called the vet and they were closed but we called his house for an emergency and he was there in 3 minutes. There is no emergencey vet in my small town but we were able to get our regular vet to come.

countrycowgirl
02-01-2004, 02:59 PM
oh jan i am so sorry to hear about harly i hope she is okay if ther is anyhting i can do let me know okay:(

amoore
02-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about Harley. I hope she will be ok.:(
Please keep us updated on her condition!:(

trayi52
02-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Jan, I am sorry to hear about Harley. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

Willie

dukedogsmom
02-01-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Harley. I'm really hoping you've gotten help by now. Check in and let us know what's going on, ok?

K9soul
02-01-2004, 07:50 PM
That's awful :(. I know my vet keeps his cell phone with him at all times and if you call his office, his voice mail gives out his cell phone number to call if it's an emergency. There is an extra charge of like $60 if he has to come in during off hours for an emergency but if it's truly an emergency I don't care about that. I'm hoping there's a vet around there with something like that. Keep us posted :(

Truffles
02-01-2004, 08:26 PM
so sorry to hear harely got hit by a car how awful :( i agree w/ evryone here you need to seek help for harely asap.

webster who passed away a few years ago, got hit by a car a looooooooooooooong time ago i was still a kid when it happened and he had broken his leg so we got him to the vet asap and he healed very quickly.so please get your dog to a vet please don't leave harely in pain :( keep us posted on how things are ok? take care:)

marylyn

Kfamr
02-01-2004, 08:51 PM
I see you're online... any updates? Have you taken Harley anywhere?? I hope so... :(

KYS
02-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Hows Harley doing?
Please keep us updated.

micki76
02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I see you're online... any updates? Have you taken Harley anywhere?? I hope so... :(

Yes, could you please let us know? I've been very worried. :(

petlover
02-01-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm trying to keep her from licking the opened wound on her foot pads.. I don't want her to get an infection...;) She is laying on a blanket right now. I just drag her anywhere that she needs to be.. I DRAG THE BLANKET SHE IS ON!!!! NOT HER!!We don't have carpet so the blanket slides easily.. Since she can't get up to go outside to go the the restroom.. I drag the blanket outside and she supports herself enough to stand up with her leg with no weight.. and go.. The she sits back down on the blanket. We have help on the way.. They are coming with a stretcher to pick her up and then they will take her to the clinic to get x-rayed.. and see if she needs a cast or needs to get operated on..

micki76
02-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the update, Jan. I'll keep praying for her! Poor baby, I'm sure she'll be fine, but I just hate when an innocent one is hurting. :(

trayi52
02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Thats good to hear Jan. Keep us updated. Sending prayers to you and Harley. :)

Willie

petlover
02-01-2004, 09:16 PM
here is a pic. of Harley.. requested by Kelsey hehe:D

Tweety_Pie
02-01-2004, 09:18 PM
OMG! she is soooo adorable! Get well soon sweet Harley! Poor Harley, I hope everything goes well! Give her hugs and kisses for me!

Keep us updated!

amoore
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
So glad she is getting to the vet! I will keep hopeing she will be ok!

Thank you for the update.

trayi52
02-01-2004, 09:30 PM
That Harley is a good looking fellow. I am sure he will be just fine, so don't you worry too much! He is getting help and you are doing all you can. Hugs to you and Harley.

Willie:)

delidog
02-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Oh Good Luck w/Sweet Harley!!!!
Please let us know how it is going....
Who came to get her????
What time is it there????

I hope That Everything goes smoothly...Hugs to Dear Harley!!!

amoore
02-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Harley is so sweet looking! I hope everything will be ok.

CathyBogart
02-02-2004, 02:32 AM
Sending good vibes Harley's way!

amoore
02-02-2004, 07:11 AM
How is Harley today? Have you heard anything yet?

stacwase
02-02-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm in suspense, wondering about what the vet had to tell you about Harley. Let us know, OK?

ramanth
02-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Oh no!! :( I hope Harley is okay. Please let us know what the vet says. Harley is so pretty.

delidog
02-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Any Word on Harley???
We Are Praying for you both!!!

tatsxxx11
02-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Please check in:( We are all so, so worried. Hoping and praying with all my might that dear Harely is ok...please be ok.

anna_66
02-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Harley, but I am praying that all will be ok. Please let us know asap how he is.

Sudilar
02-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Any news yet??? Hope Harley is ok.

amoore
02-02-2004, 08:36 PM
I came here to see if there was any news about Harley.

Hi Sudilar, I'm glad to see you. I wish we knew somthing about Harley.

Sudilar
02-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi, amoore, not hearing anything is making me nervous!

petlover
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
hey guys... We visited the vet today and these are some of her BIGGER problems.. Plenty of small problems to keep me talking for a good while..

She has two rather spranged legs.. The right front one has a small break so he put a cast on it. Her whole right side of her head is damaged ands bruised. Her eye is all swollen and red. He gave us a lot of pills and medicines. The other big problem is the really large and deep cut on her pad on the bottom of her foot. He wrapped it with some sort of wraps and told us to put some odd medicine on it twice a day. And redue the wraps once.

Just a small update.. sorry for the slow replying..

G.P.girl
02-02-2004, 08:51 PM
poor Harley :( {{{Hugs}}}

trayi52
02-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Very understandable Jan, you are busy taking care of Harley. Hopefully he will start to improve with the medicine and tender loving care he is getting.

Willie:)

delidog
02-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh Poor Baby!!!!
Is she at home with you,Or did she have to stay at the Vets???

I'm Glad that you got her there in time!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{ Gentle Hug}}}}}}} for Dear Harley!!!

dukedogsmom
02-02-2004, 08:56 PM
We all hope Harley pulls through this ok. I would try to keep her? off her feet as much as possible. Poor thing. I don't know but I think I might change the bandage twice a day. Like once in the morning and once at night. But, I'm not a vet.........So, get some rest and hug Harley for us.

Sudilar
02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the update. Poor Harley has some major healing to do. Get better quick, Harley!!!

petlover
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
We brought her home.. Harley was already feeling horrible. She would have felt WAY worse if I would have left her at her least favorite place. We borrowed a stretcher. It is so much easier with that. Thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts.:)

delidog
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh Petlover,
That is Good....Like you say...That is usually their least fav. place...
Like us,They heal better at home...Depending on the injury of course!!!!

Hope Harley is comfortable tonight!!!!!

Glad you were able to borrow a stretcher to help Dear Harley!!

Keep Us Posted,Please!!!!
You must be exhausted!!!!!
Both of you get some rest tonight!!!!

micki76
02-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Poor Harley. :( I'm so glad you were able to get her to the vet last night.

Continued prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

amoore
02-02-2004, 09:28 PM
So glad for the update. I know all your sweet love and care will get Harley into the healing mode. I was afraid it was far worse. I'm glad my fears were wrong.

Keep us updated and get some rest, sweetie.

gini
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
I am so sorry that this has happened to Harley. But with your good love and care and the meds, she will be alright we pray.

CatDad
02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I am so sorry, I somehow completely missed this post until now.:o

I am very sorry to hear about Harley, but I was glad to read that she is back from the vet.

I am sure that she will be fine with your care.:)

Prayers from all of us for a speedy and full recovery for the little girl.

Make sure and take care of yourself and your family too, stressful times can be really rough.

jazzcat
02-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Poor Harley!!!! I'm glad she has seen a vet now and hopefully will start a quick road to recovery.

HoRsELUvR
02-03-2004, 06:37 AM
I hope Harley ends up being ok.Im glad that she got to the vet.

ramanth
02-03-2004, 07:39 AM
I hope Harley has a quick recovery. Poor girl. Broken bones and cut pads mend... I'm just glad to hear she has no internal injuries.

petlover
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Right now she is laying in the front yard sunning.Poor Harley needs some fresh air and sunshine. She will hobble like 2 steps every other day.. She is improving a little. The pain killers REALLY help her. If she does not have them though she will start to cry in pain.. and she will pant nonstop because of the pain. So we keep the pills and medicine in orderly time. We also switch the wraps twice a day. She got eggs for breakfast. :rolleyes: :D She is sad that she's hurt, but LOVES all of the attention!:D :D

ChrisH
02-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry but I only just read this. Poor Harley. :( Sending prayers and positive thought that she feels much better real soon.

tatsxxx11
02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Dear Harely. You sure have been through a lot, sweet girl. We are so very thankful that you weren't even more seriously injured. You've been so brave and such a good patient:) And in your Mommy's loving care I'm sure you'll be back on all fours in no time:) Love and hugs to you Harely!!!:)

amoore
02-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Glad that Harley is better! I know she is going to have some pain. She has a good mommy that loves her and she will be better soon. I bet she is getting alot of attention from her mom.:)

Give her some hugs for me.:)

Truffles
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
glad to hear harley got treatment he needed hope he feels better real soon ((((((((((hugs))))))))))take care:)

marylyn

slleipnir
02-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Aww, poor harley :( Glad to hear she is doing a little better. I hope she gets better really soon :)

stacwase
02-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Harley is doing better. Keep us posted, OK?

delidog
02-04-2004, 06:06 AM
So Glad that Harley is a Little Better...
I know she is in pain...but that means healing...she is Feeling...that is good...
Give her a Gentle hug & let us know how she is doing,Please...

delidog
02-05-2004, 05:35 AM
Is Harley Feeling a Little Better Today??

dukedogsmom
02-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Hope Harley is doing better every day! Give her a kiss for me.

petlover
02-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Harley is doing SO MUCH BETTER!!!!:D :D She wanted to go for a car ride so badly today... So we took her to the ranch. She got out and hopped around, and she even went to the bathroom!:eek: ( She hasn't gone to the bathroom in 2 days) Well, I am so glad that she finnally did!:D :D Just a small update. Also, pads heal quicker then I thought.:) ;)

amoore
02-05-2004, 09:06 PM
So glad to hear that Harley is getting better!

Thank you for the up-date!:)

CatDad
02-05-2004, 09:10 PM
I am so glad to her that Harely is doing better. It sounds like he is doing a lot better.

All smiles here about the news, I hope that he continues on his fast path to ful health.:D

dukedogsmom
02-06-2004, 12:38 PM
So glad she's doing better and was able to go for a ride. Sounds like she's doing great and that makes us all happy :D

dukedogsmom
02-06-2004, 12:39 PM
bump for some reason, it didn't go to top