PDA

View Full Version : Amy's Handicap Ramp

Laura's Babies
01-31-2004, 06:38 PM
My wonderful son in law came today and finished some things for me that he has been doing around here. First thing he did was make Amy's handicap ramp to make getting on my bed easier for her. I had a chair pulled up and she could jump into the chair, then, make another jump onto the bed. Since her surgery, that has become impossiable. She can't jump on anything anymore. My bed is so high that I just don't want her jumping up and down off of it with her problems. Here is a pic of her trying out her ramp and she LOVES it! It is big and cumbersome but I do not care as long as it helps her.

For those of you who do not understand, Amy has nuerological problems caused during birth or in the womb and her back hips/legs do not function like they are suppose to. Since her surgery (spayed), it has gotten really bad but I am hoping that will pass and she will get back to her mild handicapped state she was before.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p935e7269e4ff1bcb41a3e09ca41b7ef7/f9c227ea.jpg

and not to leave Giz out, here she is resting after trying out the ramp and having a high ole time on it.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p8c82249156ec3ccc1116c0ec2be398c6/f9c22602.jpg

jenluckenbach
01-31-2004, 06:45 PM
I sure hope Amy's setback is temporary, but in the meantime, this ramp is sure a great idea!:D

CatDad
01-31-2004, 11:37 PM
That ramp is a great idea.:D She look like she is using it really well.

The picture of Giz in the sink is really cute.

I hope Amy has a speedy recovery and that she is back to her old self soon. Give her a little love for me.

Randy_K
02-01-2004, 12:16 AM
The ramp is a great idea. Years ago we had an elderly cat (19 years old) who had difficulty getting up on the bed. We built her a series of steps so that she didn't have to jump. It made her more mobile and she was up on and down off the bed all the time. She was a lot happier when she could move about at will just like she always had. I'm sure you are seeing the same in Amy.

catcrazylady
02-01-2004, 06:57 AM
What a great ramp!! She seem to be able to manuever it very well!! I really hope Amy can get some better use of her legs over time. She sure is a little trooper, but I think her wonderful meowmie makes it all possible for her!!
Giz is adorable!! I love that face!!!
:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Kirsten
02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm sorry that Amy has these problems, but this ramp looks like a great idea! :)

And what is this??? that's way too cute! :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p8c82249156ec3ccc1116c0ec2be398c6/f9c22602.jpg

Kirsten

amoore
02-01-2004, 08:17 AM
That was such a sweet thing for your son-in-law to do for little amy!

She is so cute!:)

catnapper
02-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Wow! the ramp is great! What a great guy to do that! He even carpeted the board for her!!!

And Giz, don't you know that meatloafs don't go in the sink!;) What a cute picture!!!

RobiLee
02-01-2004, 09:30 AM
What a great idea. Love seeing your furkids.

Robin :)

Laura's Babies
02-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Amy is such a sweetheart that she touches everybody who sees her. I think that must be her mission in life, to show us all that even with handicaps, they are loving, sweet and precious babies. Even my sister who lives in Florida and recently came to visit, offered to take her if it ever gets where I can not get quality care for her when I am at work. She touched my sisters heart in a way no other baby ever has, typical way people react to Amy. That is why my son in law was glad to do that for her and make it so nice.

I just ask you all out there, to never turn your back on a handicap kitty because they are just extra special and will tug thoses heart strings like they never have been tugged before. She is just SO special and she is beginning to realize how to "GET MOMMIE" to get her way. (Not that she needs to!!!)

slick
02-01-2004, 02:55 PM
What a great idea. I'm going to have to build one for Speckles. At 16 she can't jump on the bed anymore so I have a box beside it for her to use.

Please give Amy some kisses from me and I'll pray that it will get better in time.