PDA

View Full Version : Feed a pet with one click a day

Laura's Babies
01-31-2004, 08:59 AM
I haven't seen this here and it is what we are all concerned about. One click a day feeds animals in a shelter or sanctuary. Save in favorite places and it only takes a minute each day to do.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-31-2004, 10:04 AM
It's a great site. I "stole" an idea fron Jen, and have set it as my home page, so there is NO WAY I can forget to click!

Laura's Babies
02-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Don't forget to click today and feed the animals..

catlover4ever
02-02-2004, 08:26 AM
I love this site....I am planning on ordering some presents for birthdays, etc from them as well, because that helps to feed the animals as well.

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Don't forget to click today!

Uabassoon
02-04-2004, 04:48 AM
I love this site too, I get daily e-mail reminders so that I don't forget.

Laura's Babies
02-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Can someone click for me for the next 28 days while I am gone? Sure would apperciate it. I did my click today.

jenluckenbach
02-04-2004, 03:22 PM
I have the reminders sent to me daily.
Can a person click more than once a day, does anyone know?

CatDad
02-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Jen the short answer is no, unfortunately they can only count one click from a computer a day. However, they proabably record a click by a computer address called an IP address that allows the information bound for your computer to find you. I know too much information. However, what the means is those who have multiple computers can probably click once from each of them. Just a thought.:)

I also copied out there answer from the FAQ on the site. I hope this helps
------------
How many times can I click on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button? Can I just keep clicking and fund hundreds of bowls at once?
You can click once a day on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button on The Animal Rescue Site. Our agreement with our sponsors only allows us to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button a hundred times, only one click would count. In the meantime, our system would be slowed down, or possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding for care for abandoned animals. Please note that we do count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of our ability. We make every effort to count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.

Since you're limited to one click each day, it's important to remember to click every day. To help you remember to click daily, click here to sign up for our reminder service. We'll periodically send you simple emails reminding you to click. Another way to remember is to make The Animal Rescue Site your home page. Please click here for instructions.

Depending on the speed of your modem, it might take you only a few seconds each day to help provide care and food for an abandoned pet or other animal by clicking the "Feed an Animal in Need" button. Please note that you may also give once a day, free of charge, on our other online activism sites (The Hunger Site, The Rainforest Site, and The Breast Cancer Site) for a total of four clicks supporting four different causes. See the tabs along the top of The Animal Rescue Site home page.
------------------------