PDA

View Full Version : Over loaded with fish.

Fox-Gal
01-31-2004, 02:14 AM
Some of my baby fish grew up. It's time to take them to the pet store, but before I do, I wanted to take some pictures. Now that I've taken them, I might as well share them. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p64a9a41ecbdfdcf67ef5f71782ed14f2/f9c3e299.jpg
Getting a little cramp in here.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pe3a447b6a41eeb4847c4c64cceb48fc0/f9c3d88b.jpg

These are my parrot fish, they won't be going to the pet store. I love these guys.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p279dbc8b129cd0a1cad79aa7e237724b/f9c3e27f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p3a4c8025976f91d54672e848d4071a04/f9c3e279.jpg

bluekat
01-31-2004, 08:41 AM
Nice fish!:) Wow, they do look pretty cramped in there:p

Amber
01-31-2004, 03:49 PM
your fishys are very pretty!

Twisterdog
01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
I've always thought blood parrots are cute fish, but I've always been reluctant to buy one.

I've often seen them kept with cichlids. Are they aggressive like a cichlids?

I have a community tank, with a few semi-aggressive fish - large angel fish, barbs, etc.

Think they would do ok in my tank?

whalelover
02-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Are those convict cichilds? I have 3 of them in my tank, and they're still pretty small. Have yours breed yet??.... :confused:

Fox-Gal
02-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I've always thought blood parrots are cute fish, but I've always been reluctant to buy one.

I've often seen them kept with cichlids. Are they aggressive like a cichlids?

I have a community tank, with a few semi-aggressive fish - large angel fish, barbs, etc.

Think they would do ok in my tank?

There are keep with Cichlids a lot , thats because the are in the Cichlids family. But they are not as aggressive as Cichlids. I've had then in my more aggressive tank of Cichlids for awhile and they did fine but I've moved them sense then. Now my parrots live with 2 kissy fish, a clown loach, a Oscar, catfish, red tail shark and 5 convicts and they all are doing great toghter.

So yes they can do fine in a community tank. For the most part parrots are very calm fish, buy them small and start them off in a comunity tank and you should have no problems. Just remember the will get BIG. lol

Fox-Gal
02-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by whalelover
Are those convict cichilds? I have 3 of them in my tank, and they're still pretty small. Have yours breed yet??.... :confused:

Yes they are Convict Cichilds and a yes mine have breed, That what these guys are some of my babies that grew up.

Thats what we do around here, not that we planed to do that, It just happened. Besides this tank we have 2 other tanks just with the small babies, mommy and dady in them. We been suppling our 2 local pet stores for the last 2 years with Convicts and other Cichilds. The Orange cichilds in the picture are also some of our babies we breeded.

Convicts are the easies to breed out of any cichlid, They breed like rabbits almost. If you want yours to breed, first make sure you have a female, she will have a little bit of red on her under belly. Water has to be just right, Ph leval right, warm water, 76 to 80 no higher and hidding places for the mom and dad to feel safe. All of my tanks are filled with slate rock, leaving small openings for them to hid. So if you want babies, just some ideas to help make it easier.

Convicts unlike other Cichlids will gaurd their babies, both mom and the dad, mine have gone days without eating just to protect thier babies. The other Cichlids eat there babies, so they make breeding a little harder. :p :mad:

Oh BTW welcome to Pet Talk. :) Hope you like it here.

mknoelln
02-02-2004, 02:41 PM
hehehe. My aunt has the same problem. Only with about 100 guppies in a 10 gallon. In a few days we are going to make a trip to the pet shop that we gave some to last time.

Uabassoon
02-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Those are some cool looking fish!