PDA

View Full Version : How to fool your Human and get good treats

Hoozdat
01-30-2004, 11:37 PM
JoJo, a.k.a Sugar, Sugar Booger, Bubba, Baby bubby ... etc.

Cleaver Kitty had us fooled and PROUD of him too!

Years ago we had a problem with rats (I don’t mean to offend) I love rats too but cats do what they do. Sugar loves to hunt and bring us everything!

Our landlord had asked us if we had seen or heard rats.... We have 2 cats ... nope haven’t seen any. Few weeks later Sugar brings a dead rat home. Husband decides we will reward Sugar for doing HIS JOB! Husband gives Sugar shrimp every time he brings home a rat.

Well, well what begins to happen ... Sugar gets smart and realizes to keep bringing them home to get his REWARD ... Now just about every day we have a rat on our front porch or he's trying to bring one in. This goes on for about 2 weeks...

Landlord stops buy and Husband ... the PROUD father of SUGAR ... begins to tell him what a great job Sugar has done. "Sugar has brought home a dead rat almost every day" "And we have been giving him shrimp every time he brings one"... Can’t you just see this proud father’s chest rise?

Here comes the best part.... Landlord begins to laugh uncontrollably ... I ask what’s so funny?
Sugar is one smart CAT! Still laughing... he says ... "I just came from the back of the house behind the deck and couldn’t figure out why all the rat traps were leading up the little hill under the deck" ... laughing even harder "He sure has you trained"....

Little booger was pulling them out and bringing them home... we couldnt stop laughing ourselves.

I know cats shouldnt hunt or be outside but my Sugar is a indoor outdoor...Kiko is not.. she stays in. They get all there shots and Sugar no longer brings us home goodies, he basically sits on the porch for about an hour or two then comes back in. He is NEVER left outside for long periods of time. This story took place years ago when he was a young furr ball

Please take some time and take a look at the pictures of my Precious sugar.. He is a POLYDACTYL kitty... Extra toes :p

http://community.webshots.com/user/grnseaturtle (http://)

Randi
01-31-2004, 07:44 AM
LOL! :D Sugar sure is a smart kitty - what they do to get shrimps. :rolleyes:

We can't see your picture. Webshots doesn't allow linking anymore - try www.imagestation.com

Hoozdat
01-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Darn it I just put up a lot of pictures of Sugar and his big toesies.

Hoozdat
01-31-2004, 09:25 AM
He gets crazy for shrimp...
He no longer gets it because I was told by his doctor it wasn’t good for him since he is prone to urinary tract infections. He's never liked fishy caned cat food just fresh meat.

Randi
01-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Oh yes, your vet is right about that!! :eek: Fister had problems with UTI and in the end, he had to have an operation. :( During that period, he could have NO fish at all!! Fister's favourite is also shrimps - and raw white fish.

The best food you can give him is Hills S/D - or possibly C/D.

A pity about Webshots.

Hoozdat
01-31-2004, 10:46 AM
Yes, I use to feed Sugar that brand but his doctor changed to U/R Purina which I'm not to fond of and neither is Sugar.

I recently went to a Cat show and purchased "Pawier" it's all natural vitamin supplement that claims to help cats who are have UTIs... dogs too.

It helps itchy/flakey skin, ear infections, runny eyes, hair balls arthritis and more....

So far it has helped Kiko's runny eyes. Claims to make your pets fur brilliant and I have to say Sugar is turning dark again. I won’t stop Sugars diet of U/R. I've had a cat (Babe) die of UTI it was awful.