PDA

View Full Version : radioactive cat

RICHARD
01-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Radio active?

YES!

But can he play CD's?
-----------------------
PORTLAND, Ohio - An 'atomic kitten' sounds like a character from a new video game, but for people in Portland it was way too real. Radioactive cat urine, that was later traced to a pet cat that was treated for a thyroid tumor with the radio-active substance iodine-131, sparked a safety scare at a nuclear power station. The affected cat litter was among 20 tons of household rubbish found to have dangerous radiation levels. The rubbish was sent to Indian Point nuclear power station in New York state for special handling after setting off alarms. This incident probably could have been diverted had the pet's owners used the special radiation-proof cat litter that can be flushed away.:eek: :eek:

slick
01-30-2004, 08:44 PM
:D :D :D That's hilarious.

A couple of years ago I had to go for a heart test where they inject you with radioactive liquid then scan your heart. I had to go back to work that day and was warned "don't get near the servers" :D :D

CatDad
01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Well at least they know that the trash is inspected for dangerous substances.:D

I want to see the radiation-proof cat litter.:eek:

Fox-Gal
01-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Special radiation-proof cat litter ??? I'm going to the pet store and ask for that one. LOL

Wonder what their response will be. "EXCUSE ME? " Then ask for my address so they can send men out in special white suits. ;)

Also do we really want radioactive cat urine flushed through the sewer system or septic system?

catcrazylady
01-31-2004, 07:39 AM
GOOD GRIEF!!:eek: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

smokey the elder
01-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Good grief indeed! I had I-131 for my thyroid 16 years ago and was told not to kiss my SO for 2 weeks!

I'm glad the Department of Homeland (In)security is vigilant for cat litter of mass destruction.:p ;)