PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm at my mom's new apartment...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-30-2004, 03:34 PM
And I don't like it. I don't feel like I'm home, like this is my sisters house or something and I will be going back in a little while. I just don't know. She spent over $400 on stuff for this house.

*sigh* I don't like this at all. I know the first time I will sleep here I will feel homesick. I know it. :(

mugsy
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm really sorry you are having to go through this, but, please try to make the best of it. At least make an effort to like it simply because your mom is there. Home is where your family is, just remember that. I wish you the best.

G.P.girl
01-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure it will start to feel more like home soon, most new places don't feel like home when you first go there (i know, i've moved alot). try to make the best of your time there...i hopr things get better for you

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-30-2004, 04:04 PM
They're putting the couch in the living room now, and the bed for my mom's room. My room so far is empty, minus my mom's computer and a small television. Maybe when things start coming in I will feel better. It's just so empty, maybe that's why I feel not at home. I hope things get better.

PS.. You should see my duck bathroom! It's SO awesome! I will see if I can find a picture of it online. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Here's my soap dispenser...

http://www.builderselect.com/bathrooms/DucksLotionPump.jpg

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Shower hooks,
http://www.captainquack.com/images/products/151_large.jpg

lovemyshiba
01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Ooooh!! I love the duckies!! Did you get it at Target?? I saw something similar there once!!

I'm sure it will get better as everything is moved in, and arranged. I know it will be tough for a while, but hopefully it will be good for your family.
At least you have your computer and all of your cyber-friends with you!!!:)

trayi52
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
LOL, Megan do you like duckies?? I think they are cute. It will start feeling more like home soon. Right now it just feels different. whoohoo you get a bathroom of your own!! Like mugsy said, home is wherever your loved ones are, and they are your heart! Just give it time.

Willie

Moose
01-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Cute duckies, Megs! :D:)

Keep your head up, girlie...things can only get better, right? :) Until then, remember...you have all of us here to help you feel like you still have a place to call "home"...right here at Pet Talk. :)

Lots of hugs and hopeful wishes being sent your way!...and Moose sends you tons of sloppy kisses and happy tail wags. :p

moosmom
01-30-2004, 09:06 PM
My niece has ducks EVERYWHERE in her bathroom!!! Do you have a duck shower curtain??? At Bed, Bath and Beyond they have tons of duck stuff. Let me know if you need coupons for the discounts and I'll send you some!!

Hang in there. Things will work out in the end.

Tonya
01-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear that you're homesick, Meg. I hope you get settled in ok.

Duckies rock! I love rubberduckies.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Here's my ducky toilet seat cover...

G.P.girl
01-30-2004, 11:32 PM
That duck stuff is so tight! i love rubber duckeis and stuff!:D