PDA

View Full Version : Update on my friend Mark

Uabassoon
01-29-2004, 05:36 PM
A while back I posted a thread about my friend Mark, a 21 year old gay man who was attacked outside of a bar.

He's doing much better, according to his mom his biggest concern is wanting to get out of the hospital so he can go to the 5 & Diner and get some chicken strips.

Due to all the hits he took to his head the doctors were concered that his personlity wouldn't be the same, but according to his mom he starts to act more like himself every day.

This past Sunday the local drag queens came to the resuce and had a benefit show and several local compamies donated items to auction. The grand total of the amount that was raised in 1 evening was more than $2,500! A local radio staion even donated 2 tickets to a Brittney Spears concert. It was quite a sight to see a bunch of men trying to win that auction! That money was added to the $1,000 that had been collected from people at the vigil the week before.

Mark's mom was so happy to see all the support that she and her son have recived. I talked to her for a little while and she was just in awe at how many people were willing to help in any way they could, by attendting the fundraiser, vigil, sending cards or saying a prayer for him.

I want to thank everyone here who said a prayer for Mark.

Uabassoon
01-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I found the link to my original thread
mark (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41911&perpage=15&highlight=Mark&pagenumber=1)

slick
01-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Wonderful news!! I pray that Mark makes a full recovery.

mugsy
01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
I somehow managed to miss the orginal thread. I'm so sorry for Mark. NO ONE deserves to be beaten. I hate ignorant people.

I'm glad to hear that he is doing better and may be "normal" again. I'm sure all of his friends will continue to love him regardless of what happens and I'm very impressed that there was such an outpouring.

jenluckenbach
01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
I too missed the original thread. I am so sorry to hear about Mark and so mad that people can actually do things like that to other people.:mad: :( I am glad to hear he is recouperating and overjoyed to hear about the amount of support that was given. Prayers to Mark and his family.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad to hear he's going to be ok! Yipeee!!! :D

And it's wonderful how everyone is coming together and supporting him and his mom. I know that makes her feel so much better knowing he has such good friends.

And...just like with the critters....when they start asking for food, you know they're on the mend. ;) :D

Thanks so much for the update. Just the other day I was wondering how things were going with him but have just been too busy to ask.

Tonya
01-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear that he's doing ok. Did they ever catch the barbarians that did that?

Uabassoon
01-29-2004, 09:56 PM
No, they still haven't caught who did it. Mark also doesn't remember what happened that night so he is unable to give a description of the attacker.

micki76
01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
I’m so glad he’s doing better. Sounds like he’s going to make a full recovery. :) Keep us posted, and let him know there’s a group of crazy animal lovers thinking of him!

shais_mom
01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I am so glad he is doing so well!!!
That is awesome the donations!!! SOMETHING good needed to come out of this senseless act of violence.

cloverfdx
01-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Glad to hear Mark is doing better. And that is so generous of everyone who donated.

I will still keep the prayers and thoughts coming Marks way.

Logan
01-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Oh, Laura, what happy news to read this morning!!!! :) I'm so glad he is improving! :D :D :D

RubyMutt
01-30-2004, 08:55 AM
That's great news :) I've been wondering how he's doing. Thanks for the update! :) I hope he'll be released from the hospital soon.

tatsxxx11
01-30-2004, 09:00 AM
That's wonderful, wonderful news Laura!!! And isn't it great that so many came together to show their love and support for him!:) Prayers continue for his complete recovery and a big plate of chicken strips asap!;) Please let him know that many more are thinking of him!!!

trayi52
01-30-2004, 10:39 AM
I too missed the first thread. I am happy to hear he is doing so much better. Sounds like he is very lucky to have a friend like you. I don't understand people that hurt somebody just because they are different than they are! If we all went around doing that, we would be beating up everybody who crossed our paths. We are all different in some ways, and there is just no sense in these kind of hate crimes.

There are still so many ignorant people out there, it is just shocking to me!

I am glad he is doing better, and I am praying he will continue to do better.

Willie

ramanth
01-30-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm happy to hear that Mark is recovering too! :) Send him hugs and well wishes from me. :)

Felicia's Mom
01-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I am glad your friend Mark is making a recovery.

lynnestankard
01-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Such great news Laura - many thanks for the update.
Marks been in my thoughts and prayers and I'm overjoyed to hear of the support both he and his Mum are receiving from his friends.
Maybe someone could take him a portion of chicken strips into hospital for a treat!!

I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers xxxx

Lynne

Cataholic
01-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Laura, that is great news about Mark. I hope he continues to heal quickly!

Barbara
01-30-2004, 02:42 PM
I hope so much Mark will be better and I hope they couldn't take him his personality!

And I hope they get the ones who did it:mad: