PDA

View Full Version : ice storm of 2004 hit my town

Truffles
01-29-2004, 11:25 AM
hey,

well i'm so glad to be back here i even kissed my screen LOL :p we got hit big time here in South Carolina.anyone else get this lovely storm????????

we lost power meaning we had NO HEAT for 2 days and dang it was cold.yesterday (b4 the power came back)i went to spend the day at my moms office (took my sweet baby truffles with me)poor baby was shivering so bad and crying that i was NOT gonna leave her behind.anyway we went to my moms office and truffles was so well behaved and quiet that they didn't even know she was there.even when other dogs came by she would just sit there like an angel.

anyway you won't beleive what i saw...................a resident at my moms office (she is the director of an assisted living center) does a wonderful job there too.anyway they allow pets tthere as long as the owner is able to take care of their dog or cat ect.anyway a resident there had a cute white dog the breed name starts w/ a m and its a small dog anyone have an idea what breed i'm talking about please post it i can't remember the name.all i know is the breed name starts w/ an M?????:confused:

anyway the owner of this cute dog was beating herr dog for no reason i mean it was afful the dog was snapping at the owner but only because the ower was beating the poor thing i just wanted to cry it was awful:( i wanted to grab the dog from that owner it was so awful.finally my moms nurse yelled out why are you beating your dog.the responce was because she is snapping at me ...............we mumbled well duh your beating tthe poor thing .:mad:

i know this owner was an elderly but that doesn't give her the right to beat her poor dog,.................right???????????

anyway the ice storm damaged trees and powerlines and cause numerous accidents on the streets it was so awful that i got fash backs of hurricane hugo we all did i think hugo was a awful experiance i was only 9 years old.anyway we got the cable back today and the power back yesterday.i'm so glad everything is back ..................all thats left is cleaning the trees and lims out of the yard:rolleyes:

anyone else get this awful ice storm????????????take care:)

marylyn

ramanth
01-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Was it a Maltese? I'm so sorry you had to witness her being cruel to her pup. :( :mad: Anyway you could report her?

We didn't get an ice storm here, but I did here that parts of SC declared a State of Emergancy. We just got lots of snow here.

:)

Keep warm!!!

Logan
01-29-2004, 12:01 PM
We had the same storm where I am. It was a couple of dreary days, for sure, where we couldn't even think of leaving home.

As for the dog problem.........I don't even know where to start. :(

Logan

Truffles
01-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Was it a Maltese?

yep that is the dog i saw getting beaten :( glad i don't have to witness it again:mad: i might report her.thats too cute of a dog to be getting abused any dog or animal is too precious to get that i could never beat a animal never :( take care :)

marylyn