PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Cat Have A Fetish?

K & L
01-29-2004, 09:43 AM
We have shutters in our bedroom and every night Gypsy has to have them open! I frequently wake-up for one reason or another (mainly to go to the ladies room) and will find them open. I will close them only to hear Gypsy over there with her paw prying them open! It’s so funny. It’s dark outside so it’s not like she’s watching birds or anything! I could understand this more if it was in the daytime and she had a lot of action to watch.

kimlovescats
01-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh YES! Our bed is positioned between our two bedroom windows. (FIRST mistake:rolleyes: ) Tucker demands that our blinds be left so he can get in BOTH windows each night. If I fail to prop them so that we still have privacy, but he can get his nosey self behind one end of them, then I am awakened by his frantic attempt to "fix" them! Now.... even though I so graciously leave the blinds in the necessary positions ... Tucker then proceeds to run across my chest ALL NIGHT going from one window to the other and back again! Why he can't just go around me or above my head, remains to be seen. :rolleyes:
Then, like you stated ... what in the heck can he possibly be watching! We have a very small yard with a tall privacy fence ... there's NOTHING out there!!!

Then there is Smokey! He has a real "hang up" about the cords of my blinds! He chews and sucks on them forever! It's as if they taste good or something? :rolleyes:

The things we accept from our kitties that we wouldn't from any other being, just amazes me!!! :D

catnapper
01-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Yes! Pouncer can't seem to stand it when someone goes into the bathroom and shuts the door! He has learned how to turn the doorhandle and enter! We hardly even lock the door - mainly because we will hear franctic scracthing and meowing if we do! Pouncer also wants to sit on the radiator cover while you take a shower and waits for you to be finished. I don't know why as it seems boring to me! The cat has some real bathroom issues!

Allen will not eat on the table... he has to stand on a chair and the bowl needs to be pushed to the edge. Also, Allen sleeps on the big blue computer chair (basically a wing-chair on wheels) and if you are on the computer after a certain time, he actually bullies you out of it!

kimlovescats
01-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah... that reminds me. Dexter has a hangup about closed doors too!!! :eek: That would explain all the carpet that is pulled up and frayed at all the door openings in my home! :rolleyes:

Very funny, Catnapper .... but I really think Allen is just being a gentleman and displaying his good manners!!! :D

joker98
01-29-2004, 12:34 PM
One fetish for my Dallas.. shoes.. it doesn't matter whose they are, how much the smell, if they're new.. etc.. As soon as the shoes come off she claims them for herself. And all she does is use them as pillows.. I don't get it..

catcrazylady
01-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Another bathroom issue...Sammy follows my husband in the bathroom every morning and sits on the toilet. He then proceeds to scream his head off until my hubby takes a wet washcloth and washes Sammy's back! As soon as his daddy wipes his back down then he is happy and goes back to bed. They fight every single morning without fail!! Hubby is yelling at Sammy to be quiet while he is trying to shave and Sammy screaming right back!! They fight and bicker back and forth for about 20 minutes or so and finally hubby gives in. What a pair!!

catlover4ever
01-29-2004, 01:23 PM
All of mine have the same fetish of doors closed, they do not like that and have destroyed some of the wood trim in our house because of it.

Mystic is the weirdest with an underwear fetish.....loves the smell of clean or dirty.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p0ddf917e7dca93901a189f936c287b30/f9e52b2e.jpg

Tucker has a fetish with her food...she has to have crunchies on top of her wet food otherwise she will turn her nose up at it.

Mystic has to have her back rubbed everytime someone is brushing their teeth.

Come spring time when we get ready to set the clocks ahead, Smokey has to put his feet in the blinds and try to open them so he can look outside....this is the only time of the year he does this...any other time, he leaves the blinds alone and lets us sleep.

Vern
01-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I have two cats that have to be where I am, especially when I am in the bathroom. When I am sitting doing what I have to do, he insists on rubbing against my feet and chewing on my toes...ouch, tha

Vern
01-29-2004, 02:04 PM
...sorry, fat fingers hit wrong key and sent posting before I was finished.

Anyway, he likes to chew on my toes, and wants his belly rubbed.

When I am at the sink washing and shaving, I have two cats up there giving cheek rubs...and they end up getting shaving cream on their face. When brushing my teeth, the toe-chewer also tries to give "kisses" and rub his cheek against my mouth...eeeww!

If I ensure the door is properly latched, they carry on outside the door, so it is sometimes easier to let them in to keep them quiet and keep them from clawing the carpet.

Lallypop11
01-29-2004, 03:26 PM
OHMYGOSH, catlover4ever, that picture of Mystic is soooooooooo funny, I was trying to stifle my laughter at work, the way she's doing those splits is hysterical, nevermind the undies in her lap, LOL.

Fetishes, good grief, they all have SOMEthing weird about them, hmmm....

Priss: Her new thing is she's obsessed with cold bottled water....I think it's a way of showing me that she hates their new water fountain, even though she'll use it if she must. EVERYtime anyone opens a bottled water, she hears the snap of the cap and comes running. She insists you pick her up (she can't get up by herself) and put her on the counter and pour some out for her to drink. I suppose if I was a cat and had the choice of bottled water, I would always want that too.

She is obsessed with kneading stomachs. If you are laying down, she's GOING to knead your belly for at least 5 minutes then lay on you. She prefers Daddy's belly, but if he's gone, she'll settle for me, LOL.

She also has a certain type of small feathery mice that she goes nuts for. They give her that posessed look in her eyes.
This isn't even her VERY favorite type of mouse, but she is still going nuts for this one:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/p0d54214859f38475fa71f4319094e4b1/fa3a5912.jpg

Bubby: He is also obsessed with bottled water. Priss got it from him I think. Everynight when I take my vitamins before bed, he comes running and I let him drink out of the bottle (that's his favorite) then he drinks out of the cap that I fill up for him.

He is also obsessed with going in closets. I only let him in sometimes so when I don't let him in, he starts meowing and lays in front of the closets and has this pathetic look on his face. He also will reach up and try to turn the knob, it's SO cute. He likes to explore and doesn't like to have obstacles like doors in his way. He cries EVERY morning to go in the linen closet.
Here he is IN the closet taunting me and the other cats:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/pe67cab27c8f496781ebc30743a403426/fa3a15cd.jpg
Here is another of him IN his favorite closet when I was cleaning it (he's on the right)...I had to lift Priss up there, there's no way she could get up there by herself.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p79adce3863618d70a3d1a67e0150c34f/fa75bca0.jpg

His biggest FETISH though, is feet. If you are laying on the couch, he lays by your feet and will put his head on them, he's always by the feet if the option's there.

Here is Bubby while he was innocently loving on Daddy's feet and Lucky came and attacked him (when he was a little baby) Bubby is so gentle, he would never hurt anyone:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p29746c4a30b45af79d84ad2fb9d74c24/fa82b591.jpg

Lucky: Lucky LOVES to drink out of the kitchen sink. He EXPECTS to get his kitchen filtered water EVERY time after I give them treats in the morning and night AND after I give them wet food. Plus, he EXPECTS everyone to wash their hands after they use the bathroom, why? Because he can drink from the faucet! So he meows at you if you forget or if you take too long, LOL.

This is where he learned it:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p93da08f0eee651caf77312935fd52a1a/fa88d5c4.jpg
from the other water master, LOL. Bubby likes the sink too.

Another thing is that he keeps me from being late in the morning because he gets antsy if I take too long getting in the shower in the morning and after I turn off the water, even before I get out, he starts meowing at me to get out! Then he is impatient for me to brush my teeth so he can drink the water! Then he sits in my lap while I do my makeup and sucks on my hand or my earlobe.

He is obsessed with his pink feather on a string on a stick. Whenever I get it out, he carries it in his mouth and drags the stick around the apartment, he loves that thing.

Something they ALL do: EVERY morning, they all linger around the time the alarm is to go off...sitting on the cat tree staring at us and sitting on the bed. When the alarm goes off, they all get up and run to the door, waiting for us to get up and give them their treats. If you hit snooze, it's all over....Lucky is the representative that comes up and walks on you and tells you "Um, your alarm went off, that means GET UP!!!" Hahah. They are cute. On the weekends they just wait until we get up, they get really excited if we get up to go to the bathroom, but are disappointed when we go back to bed. They are very respectful of our sleeping though, it's great.

Wow, look how much I wrote, my cats are quirky! :rolleyes: :D

cubby31682
01-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Cubby must kneed my neck. Not the back or the sides right in front so after a while you start caughing then he gets mad at you and leaves then he'll come back and finish. The bathroom door must be open when I enter. He loves milk ring things. He loves to look out the bedroom window, we are on the third floor, and their is a birds nest right above the window so he has alot to look at. But when the blinds are closed and the drapes are over the blinds he will sit inbetween the two and look out the window, he can't see anything so why bother. He's a cat I guess he likes to watch out a window that he can't see out of. :confused: :rolleyes:

Kirsten
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
OMG, Lily has almost all of them and many more! :D LOL

And Luna? Well, she cannot stand it when I'm in the bathroom and the door is closed. She will scratch the door then.

Kirsten

catnapper
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
I forgot that Pouncer will not let me put away his catnip. I put their mice and little toys in a basket in my room. I must have put the same catnip mouse away a dozen times away today! The one time I no sooner put the basket back on the shelf than he jumped up and took it out... did he play with it? noooooo! He just didn't want it away. boys:rolleyes:

carole
01-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Ash has a fetish about smells, he is crazy and I mean CRAZY about the smell of the fabric softener in my clothes, he will pull a towel off the line just so he can smooch it,(and here I thought it was the wind, until I caught him in the act), he also pulls the washing off the clothes horse to smooch it, hence I do a lot of re-washing, as If I have not enough!!!

He is also crazy about the smell of chlorine, infact I caught him drinking out of the paddle pool once (I used to chlorinate it , so we could use less water and keep it up for a few days) until I saw him do this, hopefully no damage was done, as its such a minute amount put in there.

When I clean the bathroom with exit mould, he is about sniffing and dying to find some to lick, as it has a chlorine base and smell, silly ole cat.

Lexie likes the smell of either sweat or my son's underarm smellies on his clothes, after a work-out from the gym I caught her smooching his top before I put it in the wash, she also loves peoples feet, especially the smell and smooching them, which sends a tingle up my spine., they are strange but loveable!!

Felicia's Mom
01-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Both of them love to lay on my clean laundry after it is brought from the dryer. I thought all cats did this, so it may not be a fetish.

Laura's Babies
01-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Up until he was about a year old, Chester has a hair fetish and he could not go to sleep until he rested his nose in your hair for a few minutes every night. He didn't suck or anything, he just had to have his nose in there. Here he is while my daughter was keeping him and she had someone get a picture of him doing it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pf6f109de783a438fa45093277ba24568/f9d8cfbf.jpg

Gizzy has a water fetish, if there is water running somewhere, she HAS to come watch it run and touch it. The spray bottle facinates her because it'll leave drops of water for her to play with....And just wait till you flush the toilet! She is always there to watch the water go round and round.. She is a real rip to have in the house.

cutie_chica
01-30-2004, 10:29 AM
All My cats like to be spanked lol Tony has the fetish of Clean laundry or anything clean, he goes crazy over Febreze (sp?):) Princess and Patches MUST have the blinds open, if they are NOT open they will stick their heads and front legs through the blinds to look out the window. Patches Loves to lay on the toilet seat, I think because it is cold:-D. And The biggest cat fetish is with Princess who will not lay down nowhere unless she turns around in place for a good 3 min, straight..:rolleyes:.lol I have crazy kitties!!!