PDA

View Full Version : I hate being sick...

Moose
01-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Yuck, that's it...I absolutely hate the cold season! :mad: I get a cold every year, and this year is definitely one of the worst. I've been home all day, laying in bed, my trash can full of Kleenex, and absolutely miserable. I think I've slept for the majority of the day...and I'm still tired and feeling awful. All I can say is thank goodness for NyQuil, otherwise I don't think I'd be doing much sleeping...I can't even breathe through my nose. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to post this, I just need to vent...lol. ;)

K9soul
01-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Awww, get better soon Brooke! I know it is miserable feeling that way. Just have to get as much rest and fluids as you can and wait it out :(

dukedogsmom
01-28-2004, 09:33 PM
I know what you mean!! I had that about one week before I had to leave for vacation and you feel like a dishrag with all the water wrung out of it. Here's a silly pic that I took of Duke today. Maybe it will cheer you up.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/sillyduke.jpg
I tried to fix the eyes but they looked like someone had slugged him a couple of times so just leaving them as they are.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I have a cold too! My nose is all stuffed up and I'm losing my voice...:( I can't miss any school this week, because of Finals! :mad: So, I guess I just have to stay miserable. I hope you get well soon. Us sickies need to stick together! ;)

K9soul
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I tried to fix the eyes but they looked like someone had slugged him a couple of times so just leaving them as they are.

LOL! That's a cute picture of Duke boy :) Sometimes it's hard to fix the eyes if they are pretty bright. I find the more of a close up picture it is the easier they are to fix, but tougher if it's further away and if it's an action shot. Made me laugh the way you described it hehe

Katiesmom
01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Awww..I know it sucks being sic:( I hope you get to feeling better soon tho:)

BCBlondie
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Aww yeah it sucks being sick... :(
I've had a chronic cough for 4+ years and it won't go away grrr. :mad: The doctor doesn't know what's wrong with me. I've gone through several tests and I've been on different drugs... I'm on allergy medicine now to see if it helps, and if it doesn't I'm going to have to see a different doc. At least you just have a cold. Those things are temporary. ;)

Moose
01-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys...and thank you, Val. :) That picture of Duke definitely gave me a good laugh! :D

popcornbird
01-29-2004, 01:50 PM
I know what you mean about how terrible it feels to be sick! I get colds/flus often, but thank God, so far this winter, I only got the flu once. I do have a terrible stomach ache at the moment though, that I have had for about 10 days now, since we got back from vacation, and it really feels awful. I'm going to the doctor today to find out what's up with my stomach. Probably something I ate while abroad. :rolleyes: That's the only drawback of travelling to other countries I guess. Oh well. It always happens and I get over it. Even though I get sick, I would STILL travel. I'd rather be able to see my relatives and get slightly ill afterwards, than not see them at all. :p

Get well soon!

Moose
01-29-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that, Poppy...I hope you start feeling better soon, as well! :)

Cookiebaker
01-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Feel Better Brooke and Poppy! It's awful being sick.

I always take good health for granted, and it's only when I get sick do I realize how good it is not to be sick!!