PDA

View Full Version : My dad almost lit the house on fire...

Tweety_Pie
01-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Like 10 minutes ago my dad almost lit the house on fire! :eek: He left oil on the stove!:rolleyes: :eek: He was trying to make fries... *sighs* Now the house stinks... ALOT! Thank god it didn't make the house burn down!!!!:eek:

slleipnir
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
That would be scary :X I'm glad it didn't!

Pam
01-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I did the same thing about 10 years ago!! I had oil on the back burner and got talking and forgot about it and it burst into flames. I screamed and hubby came running and took the pot off the burner and began blowing out the flames because the oil overflowed and ran down into the drip pans!! :eek: He almost hyperventilated from all of the blowing. :D I'm glad nothing serious happened. Nowadays I don't make fries any more. hehe! It's not just because of that but I try and stay away from fats and oils, although I still eat them at McDonald's.! :)

Tweety_Pie
01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
***sorry to get off topics*** Pam, my parents used to have 2 poodles! And they were Black and White also! The white one was a girl and her name was Nikki, and the black one was a boy and his name was Rouge!!! Thats so cool! If you would like me to I can pm you some pictures!

Pam
01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
[Byou would like me to I can pm you some pictures! [/B]
AAAWWW!! Sure!! Of course!!!! But I didn't know it was possible to PM pictures.

carole
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
The exact same thing happened to me, I was renting an apartment at the time, there was just me and my then young son, almost 2, the stove was old and did not light up well, and had curtains above it, I was expecting an important call from the states, and found my phone line dead, so I went next door to use the phone, I had put on some oil to cook fries too, and forgot, and of course it did not light up well, the one lucky thing was it was a very cold night, and I could have left my son in his cot, but I decided NO, and wrapped him up and took him with me, thanks goodness, as yes it did go on fire, someone passing came and knocked on the door asking who lived there, I have since got a very big fear of fire, luckily the damage was mostly smoke damage, and the landlord was fine, as she got it all paid out on insurance and wanted to re-decorate anyhow, but I will never forget it, it still haunts me what could have happened.!!!

moosmom
01-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Whenever you have a grease fire, throw SALT on it!!

I tried making fried dough one weekend when my parents were away. The pan caught on fire so I threw it in the sink, like an idiot. It caught the curtains over the sink on fire. I had to run around like a crazy person and replace the curtains. Well, my parents were not THAT stupid. They took one look at the window and asked what happened.

I'm just glad that your Dad was okay and nothing serious happened. How about a fire extinguisher or a container of salt for a Father's Day gift???

CatDad
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
How about a fire extinguisher for a Father's Daym gift???
I think that this is an excellent idea.:D I keep one in the kitchen.

I was very happy to hear that everyone was OK and that there was no serious damage.

I had to smile though, this sounded like something that my dad would do. Dad's you got to love them.:D