PDA

View Full Version : Amy's surgery

Laura's Babies
01-28-2004, 03:58 PM
The vet just called and she is out of surgery, doing fine and groggly trying to get up and move around.. I can't pick her up until tomorrow. :mad: Thanks to all of you who sent up prayers for her and held my hand during all this. She is just so special to me and I know I worry to much, but she is my little angel of joy. Thanks to all of you, I can't express my grattitude enough.

K & L
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear all went well!

kimlovescats
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Wonderful news, Laura!!! Tomorrow she gets to come home to Mommy!!!! :)

spunkymeow
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
OH THAT'S GREAT, THAT EVERYTHING IS OK! GIVE AMY A BIG KITTY KISS FOR ME! SHE'S ADORABLE, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER!

jazzcat
01-28-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm so glad to hear it!!!!!!!!!

I know you are relieved. Now to just get her back home with her meowmie!

jenluckenbach
01-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Keeping them overnight is very, very common. She will be fine. I am glad all went well. Trying to sleep without your baby might now be the hardest part.

Craftlady
01-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Glad to hear everything went so well today for Amy. Get a goods nights rest because she is going to need all your loving attention tomorrow :)

Steffi N
01-28-2004, 07:35 PM
I am glad to read that Amy is doing well after her surgery. I know you can't wait to have her in your arms again.

CatDad
01-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks for posting in the other thread, I had completely missed this one.:o Sometimes I'm a little slow.:eek:;)

I was so happy to hear that the surgery went well and that she is doing fine.:D

I agree with Jen the hardest part will be sleeping without her. However, she will be home tomorrow.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Amy.

I am just glad that I could be there for you and really I am just returning the favor. Everyone hear has had to hold my hand before.;)

catlover4ever
01-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Keeping her overnight is very common. I'm very happy to hear that all went well for her. Please continue to keep us posted.

Laura's Babies
01-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Of coarse I was there early, I could not wait another minute! Soon as she saw me she started howling and I had to pick her up and love and love on her! She wouldn't let me stop either, whenever I did, she would butt her head on my face for more. The gilr told me they let her out to have the run of the place this morning and she jumped up on the counter by her, then down and up onto her lap. She said Amy is such a "special sweet kitty" that you can't help but lover her...Like I don't know that? LOL!
Her legs seem to be extreemly weak as I was afraid of and she can hardly hold herself up on them but I hope in time, after the stress has gone, maybe they will improve. BUT SHE IS HOME! YIPIEE!

kimlovescats
01-29-2004, 09:22 AM
WELCOME HOME, AMY!!!!!!!!! Oh, I could just see the happy reunion between you two, how beautiful!!!

Don't worry about her legs, anesthesia makes everyone weak-legged for a while!!! Give her extra hugs, kissies, and head bumps for me too!!! :D :D :D

CatDad
01-29-2004, 09:31 AM
I was so happy to read that Amy is home.:D

She sounds like she won over the staff at the vets office.:)

Kim is right it will probably take a day or two for Amy to come back to normal. Bob didin't start acting really normal until Tuesday. So that was 3 days, I even called the vet on Monday and right after that he started acting like the Bob.

Give the little girl some love for me.:D

Laura's Babies
01-29-2004, 09:49 AM
She won them over on her very first trip there and everytime she goes in, they have to take her out of the kennel and love on her soon as I get there. CUZ, she is the sweetiest cat in the WORLD!
Thanks for giving me the timeline on when to expect to see her get better, maybe I won't worry as much? LOL!

Sad thing is I have to turn her over to my son early next week, I go back to work and won't see her for a whole 28 days. He is more of a tenderhearted worrier than I am tho, so I know she will be in good hands! And YES, I miss them so much when I am gone, like I left my heart behind and can't wait to get back home to get it!

Work is knocking on my door! Here is the boat I work on.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/pc8302074528a0cd0a0dda411c72ff27e/f9e52e96.jpg
Picture taken in Baton Rouge when I fisrt started working on this one 3 years ago.