PDA

View Full Version : Dylan needs your prayers. :(

luckies4me
01-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Today Dylan was in his crib. He likes to jump in his crib, which he knows he's not allowed to do, but does anyway. :rolleyes: Well this time he found out exactly why he's NOT supposed to do that! His face hit the side of the crib, and his teeth went through his bottom lip. His two bottom teeth are lose and his bottom lip is purple. He cried up a storm, but finally settled down a little while ago. As I type Dan is at the doctors with him. I couldn't go because I was in the middle of doing laundry and ALL my clean clothes were in the wash. :( I am scared for his teeth, not so worried about his actual lip, although it is bad. Just mentioning his lip makes him start crying because it hurts and he thinks you are coming to touch it. :( I can only imagine what is going on at the doctors right now. He's probably screaming his head off! But maybe now this will teach him to not jump in his crib.

Just prayers please, that his teeth will be fine. Thanks! :)

2kitties
01-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Luckies,
I'm sure Dylan will be fine. I'll share this with you..
When I was a toddler and learning to run, my parents too me to the county fair. We were inside where there were displays of iron stoves. My mom turned her head and let go of my hand only for a second and off I went. I ran head first into the corner of one of those stoves.
I knocked both of my two front teeth ENTIRELY back up into my head. They were completely invisible. Needless to say, my whole face was a bruise.
The next morning after emergency room visits, we went to the dentist. One of my teeth had begun to descend and the dentist told mom to let them come back down on their own. And they did.
Now, one of my teeth has a tiny chip on it. The baby tooth chipped the root of the permanent tooth when it went up. But otherwise, you'd never know it happened.

...and, I wouldn't either if they hadn't told me the story.

So don't worry. It hurts you more than him. He'll have forgotten all about it much much sooner than you and his little teeth and lip will heal.

Children are so much tougher than adults!

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear about Dylan, Cass. I hope he is okay.

When my nephews was about 2, he fell inthe bathtub and knocked out his two front teeth. Since they were his baby teeth, they really didn't do anything about, so now, at 5 years old, he is still waiting for his front teeth to come in.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Yikes! When I saw this thread I was immediately scared! Dylan is just so cute and charming... I was worried!!

I pray Dylan will be okay.. poor baby... :(

trayi52
01-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Don't worry Cass, he will be okay. Kids always do something to scare us. Lindsey used to use a rocking chair on her lips and teeth. Stand in front of a rocking chair and get it to rock really hard. You guessed it, she ended up messing up her lips and her teeth. Hey she even use to use that to make her teethe to come in to. They are our babies and makes us worry, worry, and worry some more.

Just try to stay calm until Dan gets back from the doctor. I am pretty sure this hurt you more than it did Dylan.

Keep us posted dear Cass, we are here if you need us. Remeber children are little walking accidents waiting to happen. Even when they get up to be much older.

Willie:)

lovemyshiba
01-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Poor Dylan:(

I hope everything is alright with his teeth--and, like you said, maybe this will teach him not to jump in his crib!!!

Prayers and good thoughts coming Dylan's way!!:)

luckies4me
01-28-2004, 05:20 PM
He's home! And his teeth are fine! :D The doctor said they will just root themselves again, no problem. That's the only thing I was worried about, is his teeth. Although I did have a chuckle reading some of these stories and imagining Dylan with no front teeth lol!

When I was about 4 or so, my brother and I were jumping on the bed. He pushed me and off I went, straight into the doorknob, which got stuck in my head! Yep, the little button you turn to lock the door, actually was stuck in my skull lol. I don't remember much but the doctors putting me under gas. Everything else I just know from what my parents told me. My dad said he heard me screaming and then went to see what was wrong. I was walking down the hall with my hand covering my forehead, with blood squirting out. I had to have a few stitches and my head has never been the same since. :D :p

My brother got it back though when he fell off his skateboard and totaled his face. hehe

popcornbird
01-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh poor baby!!! :(:(:(

My dad told me that when he was in 7th grade, he got the best test score in his class in math. Before him, this other boy always had the best grade, for years straight, so when my dad's grade beat his, he was pretty ticked off. At recess, he came up to my dad and kicked him straight into the teeth! :eek::mad: 5-6 teeth from the bottom jaw fell off right there and then, and the rest had greatly weakened. They rushed my dad to the doctor, who sent him to the dentist, and he had ALL of his teeth from the bottom jaw removed. Imagine that. And because he was in 7th grade, they were all adult teeth too. Anyway, he ended up getting a fake teeth bridge................they look very real, I can't even tell, and they work great too........just like normal! He still has them for the past 30 something years. The kid who kicked him got suspended from the school. Evil. :o

Hopefully Dylan will be just fine. Try not to wory too much, though I know its difficult not to, when you're his mommy. :)

catland
01-28-2004, 05:22 PM
:D :D :D I'm so glad and you must be so relieved that everything is ok. :D :D

lynnestankard
01-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Glad things are looking good for Dylan - hopefully he'll heal in no time.

Diane (our eldest) was always falling as a toddler - her feet were a bit skewed!!! First time she slammed into the staircase and lost one front tooth - and pints of blood!! The second time she fell into the edge of the sandpit and removed her remaining front tooth (and yes, pints of blood again!). Then she fell into a rocking chair and broke her nose. All this before the age of three!

Lynne

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Well this doesn't have to do with teeth, but because we are sharing... I thought I'd share this...

This is a true story, and to all pillow fighters, BEWARE!!

My dad was at the school forest (its like a place where you go camp overnight for school and do fun stuff like repelling) and my dad and some friends were having a pillow fight. My dad was about to me hit so he put his hands over his head and ducked-- unfortunately, right into the corner of the bed post. He got tons of stitches and was mad he had to go home, so his parents let him go back the next day! lol

captain
01-28-2004, 06:09 PM
I am glad to hear Dylan will be OK ........ :D

When I was little, I RAN everywhere - even tho I was told not to run up stairs ...........
When I was 2, I ran up the stairs, fell face first onto the step and knocked out my 2 front teeth.
I sang "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" until I was 8 years old! That is when they grew back!

luckies4me
01-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Take a look at what he did about a month ago when he was running outside. We were at the movies and Dan's mom was watching him. He was out side I guess and was running, and fell right on his nose. It's all healed now though. ;)

trayi52
01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Poor little Dylan, but you know kids. They are little accidents waiting to happen! No matter what you tell them, they have to do what they think.

When Lindsey was about Dylans age she hid from me. Scared me to death, I seached the house over, went outside yelling for her, even went to see if she had gone down to a pond that was near our house. I was really freaking out! Guess where I found her? I found that child hiding under the cover in her crib! She has done so many things you would not beleive the things that child got into. I think she gave me all my gray hair! One of these days I want to tell you about them. They are funny now, but when she was doing these things, made my hair stand on end!!

Willie

carole
01-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Its so frightening when our children hurt themselves, don't worry Cass I am sure Dylan will be just fine, this seems to happen to a lot of kids, vaguley remember my son doing something similar, and his teeth are fine, but yes I know how worried you will be.

Hugs to you and give Dylan a big Hug too, he is indeed a precious wee boy, hoping all is well.

RubyMutt
01-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry :( I hope he won't be in too much pain while he is recovering :( Although I'm glad to hear his teeth are going to be alright :)

When I was younger (probably Dylan's age) I fell down some stairs and my top teeth went through my bottom lip/chin area. To this day I have a scar there (it's not very visible, but you can easily see it if it's pointed out).

Please keep us posted on how Dylan is doing :)

CatDad
01-28-2004, 07:50 PM
I am so happy to hear that Dylan is going to be OK.:) He has hopefully learned a valuble life lesson. It will still worry you however I am sure.;)

I have more stories then I can count about me geting hurt when I was younger. I think that one of the reasons that I survived was that my mom was a nurse.

Karen
01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Best to end jumping on the furniture now! When my little brother was four, he was jumping on his bed and laughing, and bit his tongue almost off - it was hanging on by one corner, there was blood everywhere, he was screaming ...

from that moment on, I have never let any child I was caring for jump on their bed, or on the couch. Never need to see THAT again! And any kid I have told that story to immediately climbs down off the bed/couch and looks at it suspiciously.

I am sure Dylan will be just fine, take pictures to show him when HE has kids! ;)

jenfer
01-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh NO, Karen! That was horrible!!! How is your brother's tongue now???

Dylan, I am glad to hear you are ok. :)

Twisterdog
01-28-2004, 10:51 PM
When my son Dylan was about two, he ran over to the glass front door at this babysitter's house to see who was pulling up in the driveway. Unfortunately, whoever left the house last didn't close the door all the way, so he hit it full force, and it wasn't latched. He landed face first on the concrete porch. A few loose teeth, a fat lip, but he was fine.

My friend's son was walking in his grandparent's barn and stepped on the end of a rake that was hidden in the hay. The handle of the rake hit him in the face, just as he was talking or licking his lips or something, they aren't sure exactly. Anyway, the rake handle hit him in the tongue, and split his tongue right up the middle. He had to have a LOT of stitches in his tongue, poor kid. Can you imagine? :eek:

And my niece had one of those baby seats that are supposed to hang off the edges of tables. I suppose they work ok on wooden tables, but she put it on her glass table. It started to slip off with her son in it, and he instinctively reached to grab something ... which was unfortunately some big heavy glass vase centerpiece on the table. So he landed on the floor with the vase on his face. A few loose teeth, a fat lip, but he was fine.

Kids are amazingly resiliant.

gini
01-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Everyone's stories are making my knees go weak.........

Cass, thank God he will be alright. Yes, take pictures.......they aren't going to do him any good - but you can be sure that he will drag them out for his own kids someday!!

Take care of YOU - these events are so unsettling.

And I would imagine that you already have a firm NO JUMPING on the furniture rule. But I don't think you will have a problem - Dylan has learned the hard way.