PDA

View Full Version : My old "Puppy"

catnapper
01-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Nicki is 9 now, and them bones just don't spring with energy anymore... that is until snow starts falling! She sat all night watching it fall until we took her for the after dinner walk... then she actually pranced around the yard, and wanted to play some soccer! She hasn't played soccer for years (she was quite the goalie in her day & there's always soccer balls in our house & yard.)

My husband and I walked her to the MAC machine where she impatiently barked to go! The literally frolicked! My husband never knew her as a puppy and was laughing at seeing her so energized (this is the dog that wants you to hold her bone so she can chew it!)

Sigh... there was once upon a time when she was like that all day every day! I love my old gal just the way she is, but it does my heart good to see that she still has some puppy left in her.

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean! Duke was so playful today when I got home. Makes me happy to see him like that. He'll be 11 soon.

RobiLee
01-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Awww, that is such a sweet story. Nicki you are just too cute. I can just see you playing in the snow now. Please give Nicki a hug from me.

Robin :)