PDA

View Full Version : Look who's home!

micki76
01-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Thank you my wonderful friends. Without your prayers, I surely wouldn't have made it through all of this with my sanity and I'm afraid Chester may not have been ok either.

He peed for me at lunch, though he wouldn't pee for anyone else. :rolleyes: Then I went to see him after work and they said he hadn't peed again since then. I put him on the leash and out we went. Of course he just wanted to get in a car, any car, and go home. Finally he pooped then he peed and when we told Dr. Goucher what he’d done (Steve was gone already), he said he could come home! YAY YAY YAY!!!! :D :D :D

Anyway, here's some pics! :D

At the vets this afternoon:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pc489a7ce19616a2bd685504514339e55/f9cc6d24.jpg

Home tonight: :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p352a61da36e09f74c07129612e546c7b/f9cc6bfc.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p7d07d3a57627de3e13e14cbf8597dd3a/f9cc6b46.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p97571b86802b6040a7c26ab9ca3389ef/f9cc6a25.jpg

He's sound asleep right now. He's had a good meal and drank a good bit of water. I have to keep in crated and away from Millie for 7 days! :eek: He also must go out on the leash for every pee so that I can monitor him and make sure he's peeing ok and that everything continues to look good. He has antibiotics to take twice a day and an anti-inflammatory/pain med once per day.

Thank you all so much! I love you guys!

DogLover9501
01-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Yayyyyyy!! :D Welcome home Chester!!

Im glad hes back with you, I bet you feel alot better!

Sevens
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I am so happy for you and Chester! Thank goodness he's finally back home with you.

Some friends of ours are going through the exact same thing with their cat, so both your Chester and their kitty have been in our prayers for the past couple of nights.

Again glad to see he did so well. Still praying for his continued recovery, he'll be fine before you know it. Please give that cutie a gentle get-well hug from me.:)

tikeyas_mom
01-27-2004, 08:05 PM
im so happy that he is better

amoore
01-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Micki! That is great news! I'm so happy for you and chester! I think he will be fine getting to be home with mom. He looks good.

I have been wondering how your visit went. I'm so glad you got him. I know he is happy. :D

Thank you for sharing the pic's of him and the up-date.

trayi52
01-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Oh, I bet you are one happy mommy! I am so glad to hear that Chester is home. I guess if you want to sleep with him, your just going to have to crawl into the crate with him or move your bed, or put wheels on the crate and move it to the side of your bed.;)

Just so glad to hear Chester is home with you, and doing so much better. Don't he look cute? He looks like he is so happy to be home with you.

Willie Sue

kingrattus
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
I didn't know anything bad had happened to him. I saw this thread & when I saw the pics, I was like, huh, what happened to chester (I don't know many dogs on here, but have always had a thing for him).

So what happened??

I will look for the other thread (if there is one)

Foam
01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
WELCOME HOME SWEET BOY CHESTER!!! :D:D

pitc9
01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
WOOOOOOPIE!!!!!!!!!! Chester's home!!

Keep on getting better little buddy!!!!:D

kingrattus
01-27-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure how I missed that thread, wow. Poor baby. I don't blame him for bitting the vet tech, he must have been in alot of pain down there.

Give him an extra hug for me.

But I'm glad everything is going well so far :)

Gett better soon Chester :)

anna_66
01-27-2004, 08:29 PM
http://stranglethecat.com/Uploads/Pub/clap.gif I'm so glad to hear that he's home and doing well!
Hugs and Kisses to you Chester!!!

micki76
01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I guess if you want to sleep with him, your just going to have to crawl into the crate with him or move your bed, or put wheels on the crate and move it to the side of your bed.;)

I've been wondering about sleeping with him. Do y'all think it would be ok if I slept with just me & him in the people bed? I don't want him to sleep in the crate. He can sort of get to his stitches enough to just barely lick them and I'm afraid the cone will scrape along them and do some damage. :( If I sleep next to him, I can feel him moving around since I'm such a light sleeper. Plus, he’s very unhappy about the crate. My only concern is him jumping off the bed. The vet didn’t say yay or nay on the jumping and I forgot to ask.

*sigh* What to do, what to do.

K9soul
01-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh precious Chester is back home with Mommy where he belongs!! Bless his sweet little heart. It might be tough for him to have to stay still so long, but as long as he's home at least and with his family, he's gotta be so much happier. You must feel so relieved and joyful to have him back with you again. *hugs*

Miss Meow
01-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Woohoo!

Woohoo!

Woohoo!

I'm so happy for you! :D

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Welcome home Chester! Hope you're back to your normal self real soon. Then you'll get rid of that funky collar :)

mugsy
01-27-2004, 09:28 PM
And it has now come full circle!! Chester is where he needs to be....HOME!! Poor little man....I hate those "E" collars...I can't imagine how Queen Elizabeth ever wore collars like that! He looks great for having just gotten out of surgery.

lovemyshiba
01-27-2004, 09:35 PM
WELCOME HOME CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!

You look great, sweetie!!!!

Even stylin' in the cone!!!

I'm so glad he is home Micki, and doing well!!!!

Give him a gentle hug and kiss from me!!:)

Sudilar
01-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Glad you are home, Chester, get better quick!

jenfer
01-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Good that Chester is home now. :)

popcornbird
01-27-2004, 10:57 PM
YAY! Welcome home Chester, and congrats Micki, on getting your baby back, all better!

trayi52
01-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Micki, I just don't know about the sleeping with you part. I know that if your used to having him sleep with you, that you are going to be very lonesome and so is he. Does he jump out of bed a lot during the night?

That was one of the things I always hated when I was having one spayed, they had to stay away from me overnight and I would loose my little bedbuddy.

I guess you should just use your own judgement on that. Maybe make him sleep on one side of you and Millie on the other. I just don't know.

Buffy has one certain spot she likes to sleep, and that is right at the crook of my legs, or against my stomack. Grover likes to sleep with her head on the pillow, and under the covers.

So if you think Chester would be okay sleeping with you, then I say go for it. You know your dog better than anybody does.

Willie

Tonya
01-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Welcome home, little man!

wolf_Q
01-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Yay!! Chester is home!! I'm so glad he's ok and back with you! Hope he's back to his normal self soon! :D

shais_mom
01-28-2004, 12:05 AM
YEEEAAA!!!
So glad he is home!!!
he looks happy to be home even as a conehead!! ;)

RubyMutt
01-28-2004, 12:44 AM
That's great news! Get well soon, Chester! I'm so happy to hear you're back at home with your mommy now :)

Kfamr
01-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Micki~

I know how much Chester means to you, and I know how worried you must have been, and still are.

Here's to a quick, healthy recovery Chester!

And I hope you don't mind Micki...

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/signatures/chester.jpg

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Welcome home Chester!!

delidog
01-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Yeah Chester!!!!
So Glad you are Home!!!!
And Pooping for your Mommy!!! (Its; The Little Things!!!!)
Except for your "Conehead" You Look Well!!!!

{{{{{ Gentle Hugs & Treats}}}}}}}}}}}

amoore
01-28-2004, 06:47 AM
How is Chester Today? Did you and Chester rest ok last night?
Hope you and him is doing ok.
Give Chester a gentle hug for me.

Welcome home Chester! :D

RobiLee
01-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Awww, Chester, I'm so glad you are home. I'm so sorry that you have not been feeling well and are going through such a horrible time. I hope you are feeling well real soon. I'll be thinking about you and sending you lots of positive vibes. I know mom is going to be taking real good care of you. Hang in there, Chester. It will all be over with soon.

Robin :)

ParNone
01-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah Chester! Glad to hear he's home and doing okay, Micki!
Murph says he'll trade Chester for the weeks only crate time. ;)

Par...

ramanth
01-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Welcome Home Chester!!!

I hope you're cone-free soon. ;) :D

Tina
01-28-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Chester is home with you!:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
I had been following your other post, but was unable to write back since I was having keyboard problems.

I am delighted to hear that Chester is back home and on the mend!!

tatsxxx11
01-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Yay Chester!!! Oh, you precious little conehead:D Hopefully that wicked thing will be off very soon! I'm SO happy to hear you're home, safe and sound with your Mommy, well on your way to recovery!!!:D Lots of love and get well soon hugs and kisses to you, sweet Chester!!!

EssTer
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
wohoo :) I´m so happy Chester´s home :D

micki76
01-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Chester says thank you all! He says he feels much better and doesn't see any need to stay in this darned crate thing. ;) Millie is having a fit to get to him, too.

I 'slept' in the guest room last night with Chester in the bed with me. Of course, I only slept about an hour or two. I was conscious of every move he made, so he wasn't ever able to jump off the bed. I had to take the little stinker out three times to pee and it was FREEZING here last night! He's really doing very good and I'm so thankful that I crate trained him in the beginning. If I hadn't, this would all be 10 times harder. He's so great about going in the crate. :D

He's out of the cone and has a BiteNot collar on now. I got up early and made one trip to the vet for that, and I got the wrong size and he was able to contort himself and reach to lick, so I had to go back and get the next size up. :rolleyes: So now he can't lick or chew. As soon as my batteries charge, I'll get some pics of the new fashionable collar. ;)

Yeah, the overprotective Mom stayed home with him today. :D Of course, I have a virus, too. :(

trayi52
01-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Micki, I am so glad that you got to sleep with you Chester. Well maybe not sleep, but you got to have him with you. So glad you solved that little depressing situation. He is you baby and of course you want him near you. I knew you would make the right decision.

So happy to hear that he is doing so much better!!

Willie Sue:D

My Peanuts
01-28-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm so happy little Chester is home and doing well.

By the way, if you think it's cold taking Chester outside in Texas, then don't come to Chicago ;) :p

amoore
01-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm so happy he is doing well. It's all" the power of love". (Where is a music note when I need it?)

Mommy made Chester well with her love.

Sorry You have a virus, I have had that a few times....

That crate training is a great thing! I learned that with Jojo. Its like having a helper around!:D

So glad you and Chester is together!:)

micki76
01-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
By the way, if you think it's cold taking Chester outside in Texas, then don't come to Chicago ;) :p

Ewww. I can imagine! It was around 20 here last night and that was horrible enough. Chester it still feels like he's peeing when he's not. Also, he dribbles for a long time at the end, so a normal pee is loooooonnnnnnggggg to him now! Hopefully that part will get back to normal soon. Mommy can't take much more of that.

Hopefully tonight I can actually sleep. I need to call the vet and see how long I have to keep him from jumping on and off furniture. He told us, but neither one of us can remember. :p

mugsy
01-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm glad CHESTER at least got some rest last night. You are such a good mom!

primabella
01-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Welcome back home Chester!! :D I'm so happy everything worked out Micki. :)

ChrisH
01-28-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm so happy to hear Chester is back home! :D :D

Amber
01-28-2004, 04:14 PM
WELCOME HOME CHESTER!

amoore
01-29-2004, 11:59 AM
How are you and Chester is today? We hope Chester is feeling better today. :)

countrycowgirl
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
i am so glad to hear that you are home chester how are you feeling?

clara4457
01-29-2004, 09:48 PM
How is Chester doing? (I have a soft spot for the boy). And Millie of course. :D

micki76
01-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Chester’s doing good. He seems to think he’s fine now. :rolleyes: He’s ready to play and run and can’t do any of that fun stuff. Millie’s really wanting to play. She can’t understand why brother can’t play.

No furniture or jumping until next Wednesday when the stitches come out! :eek: :eek: n I don’t know how we’re going to make it through it all, lol.

He doesn’t care much for being on the leash in his own back yard, either! :)

kimlovescats
01-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Fantastic news!!! I am so happy that Chester is home and everything is working right like it's supposed to!!! Congratulations!!! :D

amoore
01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Micki, Im so glad to hear Chester is better! I know he is finally going to get back to the being Chester real soon. He has the best live-in nurse in the world! She loves him as well as takes good care of him. Chester loves her.:)

jenfer
01-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Micki, I am so glad to hear Chester is feeling better. Give him a big hug and lots of kisses for me. :)

wolf_Q
01-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Glad Chester's feeling better! :D Aww poor Millie...nobody to play with...Sydney would love to come and play with her. ;)

micki76
01-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Glad Chester's feeling better! :D Aww poor Millie...nobody to play with...Sydney would love to come and play with her. ;)

LOL, I wish Sidney could come and play with her! :D

KYS
01-30-2004, 06:17 PM
I am so happy that Chester is feeling better.
XOXOXOX

Karen