PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Girl Girl

tazz1227
01-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Hello to all of my friends at PT. I am rather numb right now and had no one to call that could understand so I thought if I talked about it here, I may find some relief. As some of you know, I am in the Air Force. I am currently away on duty and my bunnies Boy Boy and Girl Girl were left in very capable hands, the best bunny sitter in the world! I have left my kids for at the most 1 week however this time I would have been gone 2 weeks. Anyway, I got a call a little while ago and my sitter stated that Girl Girl was having trouble breathing and she took her to the vet, the vet that she works at and who normally treats the kids. They took an x-ray and saw 2 "masses" on her lungs that they said was cancer. They gave her steroids and put her on oxygen in hopes of relieving some pressure and making her comfortable. They called me and and said that she may not make it until I returned. I had to make the hardest choice and I put her to sleep. I didn't want my little bunny in pain. I am hurting so bad right now! I never got to say good-bye. What is Boy Boy going to do without her "bonded mate"? What do I do? I can't get home until Thursday. A friend of mine went to the vet to see Boy Boy just so I would feel better but I don't. Any advice for me on coping with the loss or what to do with my new lonely bunny would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for listening. Bye Bye Girl Girl, I will never forget you!!! :( To those that do not know my kids, Girl Girl is on the right.

zippy-kat
01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
You come to us whenever you need someone that understands. Cry, cry, cry then cry some more. Buy tissues in bulk. Dig out the pictures (whether they be 'hard copy,' digital, or memory). Remember the good times & the not so good times, as the sum of them created the furry essence of Girl Girl. Cry some more. Feel relief that she is free from pain. Cry some more but know that you did all you could and that we are here for you.

You're in our hearts, our thoughts, and in our every prayer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

RIP Sweet One

tazz1227
01-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi Zippy...thank you so much. I am crying just typing this! :( It just hurts so bad and I keep looking at the pictures I have on my cell phone and computer. I know I will be better eventually but I am at such a loss for Boy Boy...I know she is confused and lonely. I remember when Girl Girl went in the hospital and she was up all night looking for her so the next day I took her to the vet and she stayed with her until she came home. I just feel helpless being here. I got an earlier flight out of here and I will be home in the morning to get her. Thanks again for your support!

zippy-kat
01-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Tazz,

Just checking on you and Boy Boy. Hope your flight went smoothly - check in when you get a chance.

{{huggs}}
Zipp

tazz1227
01-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Hi Everyone, thank you so much for the support, I just got home and went to pick up Boy Boy and what do I see at the vet? Girl Girl...Boy Boy is the one that passed away. I am really in shock now. I have to totally reassess things. Girl Girl is the little "busy" one, Boy Boy was laid back and Stacy said that the night before Boy Boy passed away, they did not lay together, like they were saying goodbye. She said that since Boy Boy has been gone, Girl Girl started playing with the other bunnies at the house so I think I am going to get her another companion. Since we have been home she is just running around the house. I don't have to go to work until Monday so we have all weekend to work this out. I am scheduled to go to the rabbit society to see what they have and see if my "mean" bunny will like any of them. :) Thanks again for being there everyon, I will keep you informed.

carole
01-29-2004, 07:34 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Boy Boy was indeed a beautiful bunny, I know how much it hurts right now, and you will be very sad, just want to send you my love and a BIG HUG, and let you know we here at PT understand and are with you right now. TAKE MUCH CARE. You are very much in my thoughts.

tazz1227
01-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Thank you so much!

lbaker
01-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I saw this thread a few days ago and could not even reply.. all I could think of was Miz Sophie and that makes me weep without control. Take Tonya's words and just keep them in your heart. That's all I can say. She knows.

tazz1227
01-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Thank you lbaker, it was so hard being away and even harder when I had prepared myself for the death of one bunny and it ended up being the wrong bunny. I had purchased the "treats" that the bunny that I thought was still here and then had to get different treats because they didn't like the same things. I have been hanging out with Girl Girl and she seems to be ok, she is running around the house "marking" everything. She just ate some dinner and is "flopped" out on the floor on her side falling asleep. Thank you again for your support. Me and Girl Girl will work it out.

Cookiebaker
01-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Tazz, I am just seeing this now, and I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful bunny, Boy Boy. How awful that he got sick right after you left.

Rest in peace, Boy Boy, and play hard at the rainbow bridge. Wait for your Mama and Girl Girl. Watch over them, too.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in memories.

:(

tazz1227
01-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Thank you Cookiebaker for your support. My remaining bunny Girl Girl seems to be adjusting well. She still looks for Boy Boy but she is still eating and that is very important. I am still trying to decide whether or not to get her another companion, I am here now but when I go back to work, I don't want her to be lonely. I wish she could tell me if she wants company. :D

Karen
01-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Animals are amazingly adaptable creatures, aren't they.? Give her some nose-pats for me, okay? And a hug for you, too.

tazz1227
01-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Thank you Karen, and I would give her rubs...if she let me. :)

tatsxxx11
02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Dear Tazz. I just caught up on this thread...I'm so, so sorry for your great loss:( Your's was especially difficult, being away from your babies and feeling so helpless. BoyBoy was such a precious bunny and my heart breaks for you and GirlGirl. Maybe one day soon, with GirlGirl's ok, you can welcome another bunny into your home and heart. {{{HUGS}}} Bless you dear little BoyBoy. You are gone but never forgetten; you will live on forever in your mommy's heart and in her cherished memories. Love, Sandra

tazz1227
02-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Thank you Tatts, I went to the rabbit society yesterday and got her some company...her new buddy is Magoo..we call him "Goo". He is a cuddle bunny. They are getting used to each other and I am getting used to a bunny with a totally different personality than Boy Boy. He is a welcome addition to the family. I still miss Boy Boy so much...she was my special bunny. :)

sqwelch
02-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Apologies as I've only just seen this thread. I'm so sorry for your loss and like everyone has said the pain will get better, it'll take time but I promise you'll be able to look back and laugh about incidents without crying.

I'm not normally on the pet side (usually on the cat side) but I lost my cat (Jock) 4 months ago to cancer so I can appreciate your pain. Jock also left behind his sister and I thought she'd be devastated but she too has managed to get over it. You might remember this story but shortly after Jocks death I found a bunny and named him Fester (It was fate, I'm sure I had been destined to find him!!), he was making Bonnies (my cat) life a total misery by trying to do dirty things so I had 2 options, 1 book him in for the snip and 2 find a new home. I opted for the snip and unfortunately he passed away under anaestetic (this was 6 weeks after Jock) so you can imagine my guilt, did I really have to put him through the op etc etc. I am rambling a bit but I'm just trying to stress the point that it does get easier, I still get sad when I think about both Jock and Fester and I'm glad you've got a friend for Girl Girl believe me I've thought about another cat or rabbit and I probably will get one or the other eventually !! But until I found Fester I had no idea what a great pet a rabbit was so I'm not surprised people outwith PT don't understand your feelings.

Sorry for the length of post but I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and Girl Girl and I wish you all happiness with Girl Girls new companion ;)

tazz1227
02-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Sqwelch, thank you so much for your email. There is never a limit to the length of a post when you have an experience to share that can hel someone else and your story really helped. I am so sorry for your losses and it is still very hard to talk about Boy Boy without my eyes filling up. I really love Goo and he is a welcome addition to the family, but I still miss my bunny and I keep wondering how long she was suffering and why didn't I know! :( I'm sorry, thank you so much for your support.

sqwelch
02-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by tazz1227
Sqwelch, thank you so much for your email. There is never a limit to the length of a post when you have an experience to share that can hel someone else and your story really helped. I am so sorry for your losses and it is still very hard to talk about Boy Boy without my eyes filling up. I really love Goo and he is a welcome addition to the family, but I still miss my bunny and I keep wondering how long she was suffering and why didn't I know! :( I'm sorry, thank you so much for your support.

I know Goo will never ever replace Boy Boy but she will help ease the pain, when Jock passed away and I found Fester he was such a great help emotionally. Although Jock can never be replaced Fester helped ease the pain so much and although Fester was only with me for 7 weeks I'll be eternally greatful to the wee soul and I hope he is happy in Rainbow Bridge with all the other bunnies. I'm sure Boy Boy wasn't suffering for long, it seemed with Jock that the cancer just appeared so quickly, it was such a hard decision to make but at least we were able to end the suffering and for that both Jock and Boy Boy will be grateful (oops I'm filling up now !!)

Anyway all the best with Goo and I'll keep coming over to the pet side so I can see a pic when you've got one !!!

Take Care
June :)

tazz1227
02-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Hi June...you asked for it and you got it...here is the first ever picture of Girl Girl and Goo!:D Enjoy!

sqwelch
02-06-2004, 07:23 AM
She looks gorgeous, very pretty and they both seem happy together. Congratualations on your new addition :D