PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Girl Girl

tazz1227
01-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Hello to all of my friends at PT. I am rather numb right now and had no one to call that could understand so I thought if I talked about it here, I may find some relief. As some of you know, I am in the Air Force. I am currently away on duty and my bunnies Boy Boy and Girl Girl were left in very capable hands, the best bunny sitter in the world! I have left my kids for at the most 1 week however this time I would have been gone 2 weeks. Anyway, I got a call a little while ago and my sitter stated that Girl Girl was having trouble breathing and she took her to the vet, the vet that she works at and who normally treats the kids. They took an x-ray and saw 2 "masses" on her lungs that they said was cancer. They gave her steroids and put her on oxygen in hopes of relieving some pressure and making her comfortable. They called me and and said that she may not make it until I returned. I had to make the hardest choice and I put her to sleep. I didn't want my little bunny in pain. I am hurting so bad right now! I never got to say good-bye. What is Boy Boy going to do without her "bonded mate"? What do I do? I can't get home until Thursday. A friend of mine went to the vet to see Boy Boy just so I would feel better but I don't. Any advice for me on coping with the loss or what to do with my new lonely bunny would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for listening. Bye Bye Girl Girl, I will never forget you!!! :( To those that do not know my kids, Girl Girl is on the right.

slick
01-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Oh Tazz, I'm crying for you. It's hard enough to lose a pet but to not be there at the end to say good-bye must be so painful for you. Girl Girl is not far away and is watching over you and Boy Boy now and will ensure your safe return home. She knows you loved her and had no choice but to be away at the time of her passing. I pray that soon your tears will subside and only good memories will flood your heart.

tazz1227
01-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Slick, thank you so much for your support. It is so very hard being here and not being able to hold Boy Boy, my lonely bunny. I know I probably "humanize" my pets and she will probably be fine however, I know after being her bonded mate for almost 3 years, she is going to be lonely and confused....just like I am now! :(

popcornbird
01-27-2004, 05:33 PM
:( :( I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Girl Girl bunny. :( She was such a precious little thing, and I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be to have to make such a decision while you are away from home, and cannot even say goodbye. I'm so sorry. :( RIP little bunny. :(

tazz1227
01-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Thank you also Popcornbird...I am SO GRATEFUL to you and everyone here at PT! I just want to go home so bad and be with my remaining bunny but I can't! :(

captain
01-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh Hugs across the miles ............. I am so sorry for your loss.:(

tazz1227
01-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Thank you so much Captain!

tazz1227
01-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone, thank you so much for the support, I just got home and went to pick up Boy Boy and what do I see at the vet? Girl Girl...Boy Boy is the one that passed away. I am really in shock now. I have to totally reassess things. Girl Girl is the little "busy" one, Boy Boy was laid back and Stacy said that the night before Boy Boy passed away, they did not lay together, like they were saying goodbye. She said that since Boy Boy has been gone, Girl Girl started playing with the other bunnies at the house so I think I am going to get her another companion. Since we have been home she is just running around the house. I don't have to go to work until Monday so we have all weekend to work this out. I am scheduled to go to the rabbit society to see what they have and see if my "mean" bunny will like any of them. Thanks again for being there everyon, I will keep you informed.

Hoozdat
01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
It is never easy making that decision. I’ve lost 2 of my loves to Cancer, Monkey Friend and Nubby Nu. I wish desperately that there were more funds to help fight for a cure of Cancer in Pets.

There really should be some sort of screening at a certain age or something to help you recognize this sooner before it is too late and you have to make the decision to put them done so quickly.

There are only 8 Oncologist in the Veterinary field for the United States. It took weeks that Monkey friend did not have before the Oncologist had time to see him. We did take him to our vet but ultimately it was too far along. Nubby was years before Monkey and even then he was missed diagnosed and I put him through unnecessary procedures before a second opinion diagnosed him with cancer.

This issue is very close to my heart so I apologize if I seem selfish at telling you my story but I can relate very deeply to your loss.

Rest in Peace Boy Boy please say hello to my loves.

tazz1227
01-30-2004, 11:36 AM
It is definitely NOT selfish. It provides me comfort to know stories of others that have gone through this. I am happy she didn't suffer but now I have a lonely bunny here that I am trying to console and make the right decision for. Thank you for your support.