PDA

View Full Version : Even for the Yukon this is COLD!!!

Glacier
01-27-2004, 01:26 PM
It's -53C right now at my house. (-64F) My truck is dead, not moving anywhere today. Even with a block heater and battery blanket plugged in, it won't even consider starting ! The dogs are taking turns laying in front of the wood stove and there's a cat in every warm spot in the house.

jenluckenbach
01-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I do NOT envy you! :eek: Stay warm (if possible) ;)

lovemyshiba
01-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Whoa...

I thought it was cold here!!!

Please stay warm if you can!!!

I bet the huskies are even cold!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

It's cold here too, but not anything like that--we got snow Sunday night, freezing rain and ice last night, and we're supposed to get another 4-9 inches this afternoon or early evening--I have to go to work at 5, I hope it holds off, or we close!!!

slleipnir
01-27-2004, 01:36 PM
It's around -40 something here -_- I hate the cold *dies*

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Ok, I envy the people with snow but you couldn't pay me to be in weather that cold! I'll bet it's nice and cozy in your house right now. It's a wonder your internet is working

HoRsELUvR
01-27-2004, 02:01 PM
And I was complaining about the 20-30 degree Fahrenheit weather here.Im kind of sensitive to cold.

Pam
01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Gosh I hope you have plenty of food and a good furnace!! I wouldn't want to budge until June with temps like that! I love the imagery that I got with your description; in particular *there's a cat in every warm spot in the house.* They sure do find the best spots don't they! ;) Try and stay warm.

slick
01-27-2004, 02:09 PM
We complain when it's -5C :eek: :eek: Please take care of yourself and the furbabies.

Glacier
01-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Gosh I hope you have plenty of food and a good furnace!! I wouldn't want to budge until June with temps like that! I love the imagery that I got with your description; in particular *there's a cat in every warm spot in the house.* They sure do find the best spots don't they! ;) Try and stay warm.

Plenty of food--NO furnace though. We heat with wood. We have a proprane furance that is supposed to be our back up heat, but below -40C proprane turns into a solid. Pretty much useless right now!

ramanth
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Crapinoli!!! That's cold! The coldest it's ever been in Michigan is -37 F and that was back in the 1800's. Eesh!!

It's snowing like the dickens here now. Cuddle those fur babies!!

anna_66
01-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Whoa...

I thought it was cold here!!!

My sentiments exactly!

Keep yourself and those furbabies warm:D

primabella
01-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Woa :eek: But with all those Huskies mounted on you, I'm sure you'll all keep warm. :D

I think the coldest we've had has been at the beginning of the week. With the wind, maybe -40C or something. The wind has been so mean..:(

mugsy
01-27-2004, 03:33 PM
WOW!!! I guess there won't be any mushing for awhile. That's COLD! I remember a Christmas break where we went to my parent's house in Wisconsin and the thermometer read -40F and I thought THAT was cold! Cuddle with the huskies and stay warm!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Crapinoli!!! That's cold!

Can't argue with you there Kim! :D

I agree, stay as warm as possible. Hopefully the wood is somewhere indoors because you'd probably freeze instantly if you went outside in that ! :eek:

K9soul
01-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Wow that's pretty extreme! We've had wind chills around that cold but not actual temperature. Sounds like time to hibernate there!

We have this Natl Weather Service Warning here today (from weather.com)

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN THE TWIN CITIES HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL ADVISORY FOR THIS AFTERNOON.

VERY COLD AIR AND NORTHWEST WINDS FROM 10 TO 20 MPH WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE WIND CHILLS IN THE 30 BELOW TO 45 BELOW ZERO RANGE. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

I can't even begin to imagine it up there where you are..