PDA

View Full Version : Walter's first day of school

zookeeper
01-27-2004, 08:20 AM
We went to Walter's first day of obedience training and it was exhausting.

He was so excited and it was hard holding him back. He kept on barking so the trainer suggested holding a piece of food to his nose and letting him nibble it so that we could hear what she had to say. That worked as Walter LOVES food:rolleyes:

We went over basic things last night, sit, lay down (which Walter already knows) and although he was excited once we got his attention he did a good job. We had to keep him facing the corner though so that he wouldn't be distracted by everyone else.

He knew right off that the trainers had food in a pouch on their hips so everytime they came by he tried to jump up on them to get to the treats:D

There were some really cute pups there. This one GSD pup cried through the whole class and at one time was literally trying to climb the walls. There was the cutest golden retriever pup, a toy poodle and a bichon frise. There was this one big pup that I think may be a Bouvier de flandres but I am not certain. I was happy to see that there were other people there with their rescues and both the trainer and her assistant had rescues:)

Next class we go to they are going to let the pups have play time at the end of class, so they can get to know everyone

ramanth
01-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a good day overall!

Kia got bored of walking in circles practicing 'heel' in class... she'd cry and whine and try to pull away... it was embarressing. :o :)

But we go thru it. Practice, practice, practice. ;)

mugsy
01-27-2004, 09:00 AM
WOW! That sounds like an eventful place!! I feel sorry for the little GSD. Sounds like Walter is going to get spoiled with treats!

tatsxxx11
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Sounds like Walter did great and had a lot of fun too!:D What great group of pups though I did feel badly for the dear GSD. He'll come around, I'm sure. My Star was like that when we first started classes....checking out each and every pocket for the hidden treat!:eek: And searching out every crumb that fell on the ground too!:D Keep up the good work, Walter and most of all, have fun!:)