PDA

View Full Version : An evil woman maced Teddy....

Tonya
01-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I've been steaming all day over this. Grrr.

Pat (the guy that I gave Teddy to) was outside washing his car. He lives up in the mountains where there aren't to many other houses. Well, Teddy was out front with him playing with the other dog while he washed his car.

This evil lady who I guess has a reputation for being odd was walking. Pat says that she's always carried mace when she walks. Teddy ran up to the edge of the driveway and started barking at her THROUGH THE GATE. The troll maced the crap out of Ted!

Teddy was vomiting really bad and couldn't breath, so Pat's girlfriend took him to the vet. The vet says he'll recover fully, that is just alot for a small dog. (He's 5 lbs.)

In the meantime, Pat went to the woman's house very angry. She called the police. The police officer told the woman to shut up because he should have her arrested for animal cruelty. There is no reason to mace a 5 lb dog, especially on their own property.

Pat says Teddy is back to his old self today. But we are so freaking mad! I hope this doesn't traumatize Ted.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pfb81d2a5c96b11db4d3d1ce7896b9571/fa692650.jpg

K9soul
01-26-2004, 05:51 PM
What a b****! That cop SHOULD have booked her, and at LEAST made her pay the vet bills. Poor little Teddy! :( :( :(

How stupid can people be... geez. Macing him through the gate.. did she think he'd tear through a gate and bite off her leg?

Uabassoon
01-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Poor Teddy :( That's horrible! I can't believe someone would mace a dog while it was behind a fence!

Tina
01-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Geesh that woman sounds like a real witch!:mad: Darn how stupid could she been:mad:

lovemyshiba
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Ooooooooh!!
Evil 5 pound pomeranian!!!!

I can see why she would be scared of him--he looks simply vicious--thank God she had that mace with her.

Seriously, this woman is an idiot. Your friend should have pressed charges. I hope there isn't a next time, but he should do something about her if it ever happens again.

Poor Teddy!!

sabies
01-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Very upsetting. He should have pressed charges. Wish there weren't people like that.

primabella
01-26-2004, 07:47 PM
OMG what an idiot. :confused: :mad:

I'm glad Ted will be okay. Hopefully he won't be tramautized by this whole thing.

Tonya
01-26-2004, 09:28 PM
I would have pressed charges. Actually, to be honest...it's a good thing I wasn't there. I'd probably be sitting in jail right now. I am a peaceful person, but mess with my children, I'll put up a fight. I'm still so sick over it.

I just want to go and hold Ted. I haven't seen him since we gave him to Pat. We're having a really rough time, so we can't bear to see him quite yet. My heart hurts if I even see a picture of him. I kind of feel like it'll be easier to let go if I go see how happy and adjusted he is there. But Mike on the other hand, can't even handle seeing him. Mike would kill me for telling you all, but he's really broken up over us giving Ted away.

ramanth
01-27-2004, 08:40 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

Poor Teddy! Oh, I'd be fuming if I saw that happen. I hope he gets better real soon.

pitc9
01-27-2004, 12:15 PM
OMG!!!!:mad:

What in the WORLD makes people so @^$&!@ stupid!!!!???

I would have taken matters into my own hands, and I may have been the one to wind up in jail after knocking the stupid lady out if it had been one of my dogs!

Get well soon Teddy, I'm sorry you had such a bad run in with such a stupid person!!

apcrs5122
01-27-2004, 12:41 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Poor baby!!! I would have been so mad, why the heck would you mace a 5 pound dog? Especially on their own property!:mad: Too bad she wasn't arrested:rolleyes: :mad:

Sevens
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
That crazy $%&$# should have been arrested! My god, a five pound dog behind a fence, what could she possibly have been thinking?!?!?!?!?! Picking on a little one like that....:mad:

I'm actually kinda glad you weren't there Tonya, we don't want you to be in jail away from your family and furkids. (Even though that @#$%^ does need some sense pounded into her).

Well, hopefully karma and the law will get her. Positive vibes coming to Teddy that he'll be fine and not traumatized by that freak woman.

kingrattus
01-27-2004, 08:48 PM
She maced a 5 pound pompom dog?!?! Holy cow is she insane? My friends use to have a pompom dog. & he would bite us when we would play really rough with him & his jaws only put little dents in our skin.

Too bad this didn't happen in canada. In Canada "mace" is prohibited, unless u have a licence to carry one (ie: cops).

unless its dog repellent (this doesn't harm the dog like mace does, or so I've been told. less strong for dogs)

catnapper
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
OMG! What a whacko! I'd have honestly been sitting on a bench in a jail cell if they did that to my dog! I hope the little "terror" recovers with no effects from the macing. Goodness, what is the world coming to?

That reminds me of the time Nicki and my mom were walking. Sure she's big, but she's a big scardy-cat baby. We had one kid in the neighborhood who tried to hit her with a baseball bat (I wasn't there, she was with my mom, but help me if I was there...) Anyway, the next time I walked her and this kid showed up, he made a snide comment... I just dropped the leash and said "sik him!" I never saw a kid run so fast in my life! Nicki just looked at me like "huh?" Ok, I was mean and perhaps out of order, but he was old enough to know better (about 15) and really did deserve it! Oh, and he was REALLY nice to us ever after!!!:D

leslie flenner
01-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Good story from catnapper!
good job!
Hey, isn't there anyway someone else can press charges on this woman. I can see why Pat doesn't want to- he has to live next door to her... but maybe just the knowledge of what she's done is enough for someone to make the call to right place. Nothing will be done to her anyway- she'll just maybe get a warning if anything.
Pat could get a restraining order forbidding her to walk within 200 ft or yards of his dogs...
What state are these mountains in?

leslie flenner
01-27-2004, 10:12 PM
I just reread your post, The vet treated Teddy. Is not the vet required by law to report abuse cases (as with children)? The vet would have asked what happened, who did this, document this with prognosis of recovery. Should this happen again, it's in Teddy's vet record and I would think a vet would be held liable for not reporting a poisoning. It IS a poisoning. Right!?

Tonya
01-27-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm in California. And I believe that mace is illegal here. I'm getting the information from my husband. He works with Pat, so they talk more. I keep calling Pat to hear it first hand, but can't get ahold of him.

I don't understand why Pat didn't press charges. Perhaps because he didn't want her to wind up pressing charges on him. He threatened her. My hubby tends to do that manly exaggeration thing...but from Mike said, Pat had to be physically held back from this woman. He was livid.

It's good to know that the person I gave Teddy to is willing to kill for him. :D Proves I found him a good home! lol.

leslie flenner
01-28-2004, 12:16 AM
ok, I see the situation, hmmm. Well, I'm sure Pat knows whether or not this witchy woman (sorry, I live in Salem, MA- i'm simply referring to the song- it's all taken in stride here!) can press charges or not. However, she sprayed the dog, THEN he made threats. She made action, he responded with words. Still seems to me she's at greater fault but as you do your homework on the law (mace).. you'll find out..I am (and are others) eager to know how this pans out- in the meantime, is Teddy going to be safe from the next time this woman takes a walk? My god- almost seems like worth getting a video camera (which friends of mine did when a Wicca woman - for real..- kept putting threating notes on cars about HER parking place- which actually was city property...a big deal she made with everyone for years..). Made all the neighbors miserable with threats and constant calls to police over nothing...sound familiar- is this woman calling police or just spraying mace around where she sees fit?

Kfamr
01-28-2004, 12:19 AM
That lady should be maced until her eyes pop out.

A little tiny dog, behind a fence... ooohhh what a big threat!

Ugghhh.. people!:mad:

jazzcat
01-28-2004, 12:38 AM
OMG, that is horrible. That woman sounds like a nut case.

I would have pressed charges too - she needs to learn a lesson.

Poor Teddy, I'm glad he is going to recovery fully but what a horrible thing to go through.

tikeyas_mom
01-28-2004, 12:46 AM
omg poor teddy!!!! *what a mean woman!*

i am glad he will be ok.

Tonya
01-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
That lady should be maced until her eyes pop out.

A little tiny dog, behind a fence... ooohhh what a big threat!

Ugghhh.. people!:mad:

To put it lightly! :mad:

stacwase
01-30-2004, 07:49 AM
That is just absolutely terrible! What kind of idiot would do such a thing. She must be crazy or something. But still - mentally ill or not - she sh ould be arrested. I can't even imagine Teddy's pain. And now how will he feel about strangers?