PDA

View Full Version : Should Michael Jackson lose his children??

moosmom
01-26-2004, 02:33 PM
I was watching the news last night about Michael Jackson. He's been living in a hotel with his children because "he feels violated after the police searched it."

Child welfare officials said that his actions should have sent up a red flag many, MANY months ago.

So, what do you think?? Should he lose his children for good??

mugsy
01-26-2004, 02:40 PM
He's innocent until proven guilty...he's weird, but, until it's proven that he's a pedophile, I think that interferes with civil rights. Doesn't mean I think he's a good father because I don't....just the thought makes me gag.

RICHARD
01-26-2004, 02:58 PM
He was investigated and cleared by the officials in Los Angeles regarding his realationship with the alleged victim in this case.

The mother had some kind of complaint she filed here. He was given an 'all clear' as far as those charges went.....

He probably doesn't have too much to do with the kids anyway.

Pam
01-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Well his action with the baby on the balcony speaks to this very well I think. What parent in their right mind would have done such a thing? :mad: Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, but I do feel so sorry for those kids. Can you imagine what it must be like to be his child, especially as they grow up and understand more? **creepy** If he is convicted and goes to jail it will be a moot point.

RICHARD
01-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Pam
What parent in their right mind would have done such a thing? :mad:

My mom used to threaten us with leaving us on the side of the road.... But that was before you could sue your parents.... ;)

slick
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
That's funny Richard. My late uncle used to hate it when my brother and I fought. He used to threaten us by telling us we would have to go play on the white line if we didn't stop it. :D

MJ?? I really don't care one way or the other. I'm really quite tired of hearing about him. His poor kids are going to grow up with some scars no matter where they live.

carole
01-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Yes well innocent until proven guilty is the way I feel on this one too.
However I have always felt sorry for his children, they may have wealth, etc, but living with such a strange person, who is fanatical about germs etc, must have ongoing effects, it will be interesting to see them when they grow up, I am sure there will be interviews, on how was MJ as a father etc etc.

Tonya
01-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
He's innocent until proven guilty...he's weird, but, until it's proven that he's a pedophile, I think that interferes with civil rights. Doesn't mean I think he's a good father because I don't....just the thought makes me gag.

I agree. The only thing that I can add is that the children's rights should be more important then Michael's rights. Perhaps his time with his children should be supervised only until this is all squared away.

Tonya
01-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
My mom used to threaten us with leaving us on the side of the road.... But that was before you could sue your parents.... ;)

When Jaden was going through his terrible twos, my dad was driving and threatened him. Jaden kept pushing, so my dad pulled over and told him to get out. My dad was totally joking. Jaden calmly unbuckled his carseat and got out of the truck. My dad was on a country road right by his house, so he thought "Hmmm, I wonder what he'll do if I drive away..." My dad started driving away (slowly of course) and Jaden goes "Bye papa." As calm as can be, turned around and started strolling down the road the opposite direction. Like it was no big deal. LMAO. Talk about a strong willed kid! I would have been crying hysterically.

2kitties
01-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I think if he is proven unfit *outside* the facts of this case, then sure, he should lose them. But this case- which he is innocent of until proven guilty- can't affect custody. In my layman opinion.

If the legals weren't involved and it was about our opinions... sure. take them as fast as possible while they still have a chance at a normal life. But the law must apply, so c'est la vie.

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Awwww, he feels violated. Poor misunderstood Michael. Wonder how all those boys he molested are feeling? IMO, he shouldn't have been allowed to breed in the first place. He's definately a nut case now. And no telling what kind of damage he's done to his own kids mentally.

Pam
01-29-2004, 06:54 PM
There will be a special tonight on Prime Time (10:00 eastern time) about MJ. It apparently deals with a lot of the things that the prosecution might have up their sleeve in this case, i.e., claims of MJ's drug abuse, etc. Stay tuned....

sirrahbed
02-01-2004, 01:11 PM
With all the allegations about him...true or false...what parent in their right mind would take the risk of allowing their child to be around him??? I do NOT understand this at all....
I like MJ, always have - I WANT him to be innocent ...but allow my children to be around him??? NEVER