PDA

View Full Version : The RARELY photographed Lucky...

catcrazylady
01-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Lucky is terrified of the camera so pictures are rare. I only have one decent photo of him and I use it for everything that has to do with him. I caught him during a grooming session and a little bit high on nip! I would brush him, take a picture real quick, and brush some more!! He tolerated a few pics because he loves being brushed!!
This is the guy who had an illness/injury at about the age of 3 to 4 months and lived in our house for around 18 months before I was able to touch him. Because of the illness/injury and possibly some nuerological damage he sees the world a little differently than most. He is now my occasional love muffin and I treasure each time he jumps into my lap.

Lucky
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p9f214898605acb1cb7d63b75dd01ce47/f9d12409.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pda2df82638cf0f2f1a1175ae5b230cce/f9d1241d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p6ecd544ba663519c6e5a34b9db0c9ac6/f9d123ff.jpg
This is the pose he takes anytime you reach out to him or walk close. I don't think he will ever stop being afraid when you approach him.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p2ae817a96f0b88baf6e39d42debf86f7/f9d12412.jpg

Thats my boy and I love him dearly!!!

catlover4ever
01-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Lucky you are one handsome baby. Thank you for being such a good baby and letting your meowmie take your picture. :)

jenluckenbach
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Lucky is very lucky to have YOU!

Felicia's Mom
01-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for sharing Lucky's pictures.:) :)

catcrazylady
01-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Lucky is very lucky to have YOU!

Thanks Jen! That was a wonderful compliment.:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif I just never think of it that way.

*ABYCAT* Alice
01-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Wow, he looks like a real beauty! And long lovely whiskers.

DogLover9501
01-26-2004, 10:27 AM
:o Lucky is so handsome!!

I like this one:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p2ae817a96f0b88baf6e39d42debf86f7/f9d12412.jpg

K & L
01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
He's a beauty. Our tortie Gabby is the same way. I can never capture a good shot of her. I can reach for the camera and she's bolts!

lynnestankard
01-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Jen., took the words right out of my mind!! He IS a Lucky boy - and gorgeous with it.
Ketchum still runs away when visitors come - and dashes upstairs to hide under our bed - and he's 7:eek:

Lynne

ramanth
01-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Lucky is so cute! I love fluffy kitties. :D

Uniqueviking
01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
He is absolutely beautiful :)

rg_girlca
01-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Aww Lucky, you are one handsome fella. It takes a special person to handle a special kitty and you both are lucky you found each other.
I hope and pray for you Lucky, that in the near future, you will realize there is nothing to be scared of.
Cats that are scared like this, hold a special place in my heart.

slick
01-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Lucky, you are one handsome dude and we all love you just the way you are.:)

Kirsten
01-26-2004, 12:11 PM
He's beautiful! Is he a Coonie?

I'm glad he found you! What kind of illness did he have?

Kirsten

kimlovescats
01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh, Lucky is so gorgeous. It's such a shame to see him so cautious ... no telling what that baby went through before he found you! Thank God he did find you though, and because of that he now knows LOVE!

He looks SO much like my Dallas!!!:D

http://www.kimscats.com/1.10.04_DallasBeauty.jpg

Lallypop11
01-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Aw, what a sweetheart. I always think that people that own cats that are so skittish, like your boy, are real heroes. Most cats like him rarely get a chance at a loving home because people (mainly dog owners) need the attention back from the animal. You are a good person for taking so much time on such a gentle soul. He's a cutie too! :D

EssTer
01-26-2004, 01:37 PM
What a great photos ;)

catcrazylady
01-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Lucky thanks everyone for the compliments!
Kirsten...we don't really know what happened to him. He was a feral kitten and would come to our porch to be fed. He stayed there most of the time. We went out one day and he was gone. I thought he had been killed. Several days later we found him in our shrubs laying on his side flopping like a fish trying to get to food. When he saw me was so scared that he managed to get up on his feet. His back looked kind of humped and his back legs were so stiff that they didn't bend. I was crying and trying to figure out how I was going to catch him. It sounds simple with his condition but I knew how terrified he was of us and I didn't want to do something that would cause more damage to him if it was his back or neck. He managed to eat and then Hubby, my neighbor and I tried to coral him so we could throw a blanket over him. It didn't work and he managed to get under a car. He would look at us and his head would wobble and I knew we were hurting him. He was weaned but his mamma was still hanging around. He went to her stumbling and falling and she started walking down the street. He followed all stiff legged and he would fall, flop around and get up again. I was balling like a baby watching him try to get to her and she just ignored him and went on. My heart broke then. I put blankets on the porch and waited. I really never thought he would make it back to us. Several days later I found him laying in the blanket. I would sit on the porch about 3 feet from him and I would talk and tell him stories for hours a day. I would try to get a little closer each time but he would run if I didn't stay back. He loved listening to me talk. He would close his eyes and sleep until I stopped talking. I think he knew he was safe as long as I was there. We did this for months and he got better. He could walk ok but he was stiff in the back end. Peanut Butter, and Stubby had begun to trust us enough to start coming in and out of the house. When it started getting cold out I knew he would die and I still wasn't able to touch him. We propped our door open and with God's nudging hand he finally walked into the house!
The rest is more of a very long story that I will spare you. He still is a very heavy walker and kind of stiff in the back end. He jumps funny and not very high. When he is relaxing in my lap his head quivers and I just think his vision is not right. The vet told me that the symptoms I described sounded like a disease that kittens can get and it causes nuerological problems. I'm sorry but I can't remember what he called it. We will never know for sure what happened to him but this guy has overcome so much. He is a solid mass of muscle because he has to work extra hard at everything.
He is my poster kitty and an inspiration.
Sorry I rambled on for so long guys. It was a long, hard, heartwrenching summer.

Kim Lucky does look like Dallas!!:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

Kirsten
01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
That's sounds so heartbreaking, and I'm so glad you've been there for him and cared for him. He has finally learned to trust you so much that he came into your house when the winter came. He's really one lucky guy. :)

I never heard of a kitten disease like that, would be interesting to learn more about that.
While reading, I thought he might have eaten some poison, because some toxic substances can cause symptoms like that. Or he was injured.
But you're right, you'll probably never know... However, he sounds like a great fighter!

Kirsten

moosmom
01-26-2004, 03:44 PM
CCL,

I am SO glad Lucky has you! He is a beautiful boy and you are to be commended for your love and patience. Ferals are so difficult to socialize, especially at that age. I'm glad he has found his furrrever home!

spunkymeow
01-26-2004, 03:44 PM
AWWW WHAT A HANDSOME BOY! IT'S TOO BAD THERE AREN'T CAT PSYCHOLOGISTS FOR CATS LIKE HIM :)

CatDad
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
That story was so touching it made me cry. I am so very glad that is OK. Also that he has a loving family like yours where he is safe and cared for.:)

I am happy that he allowed the pictures as he should be shown off he is a very handsome boy.:D

Thanks for the pictures. Give him some love for me when he is in the mood.

Laura's Babies
01-26-2004, 08:34 PM
It make me cry and I am not ashamed to admitt it I pm'ed you but I think your story answered all my questions. He was so blessed to have found a person like you as you were blessed to have been choosen by him.

I think your story got to me like it did because of Amy and her condition and the fact that I have worried so much about her and still do. Amy, unlike Lucky is very sweet and very affectionate and has won the hearts of everyone at the vets office and anyone who meets her. GOD bless you for taking him into your life and heart, he is a BEAUTY!

cutie_chica
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Such a cute kitty!!! The type ya just wanna SQUEEZE!!:D ;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Lucky is gorgeous. I'm so glad that he trusted you enough to allow you to take him inside to his forever loving home.:) He's a very special cat and I can relate because my Cirrus is very skittish too. :)