PDA

View Full Version : Another rat

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2004, 08:18 PM
As Most of you know, I havew three rats.

Merry and Pippin *in one cage together*
And Rosie in a Cage by her self.

Today I got another 6 week old female velveteen?? Fancy Rat, she is peach in coloring.
I have decided to name her Chicklett. She is being Quarentined at the moment and will be quarentining for another month or two.

She is very scared of Me and of People because the person who bred her was very neglectful.

Both of her parents looked to be double rex hairless. But I'm not sure.

Anyways...
She is in a good home now, and she seems to be acting normal.
She is going to be fed a good diet of veggies, fruit, and oats for the rest of her life, and she will never have to eat another hamster mix again :)..
I will be taking her to the vet in a couple weeks :)

So Welcome my newest and last Rat, Chicklett.
:)

kingrattus
01-25-2004, 08:22 PM
yay a new ratty!!!

ur naked ratty will have a buddy soon :)

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
yay a new ratty!!!

ur naked ratty will have a buddy soon :)

yuppers!!

i was getting alot of comments about how naked rats get very cold, and that they need a cage mate no matter what. so i asked my mom and she said yes. as long as it is my last pet while living in her house :p

kingrattus
01-25-2004, 08:32 PM
glad ur mom said yes :)

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2004, 08:39 PM
me to :)

luckies4me
01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
A four week quarantine should be sufficient, you do not have to quarantine for a whole two months! That is WAY too long! Since she will be alone that whole time you must have the person play with her often, or she is going to get very depressed.

Amber
01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Awww whan are we gonna get pics?? She sounds adorable!

EssTer
01-26-2004, 01:44 PM
wow... Congradulations :)

I hope pics will arrive soon :)

Tweety_Pie
01-26-2004, 03:26 PM
awww Chicklett is an adorable name!:D Congrats!

tikeyas_mom
01-26-2004, 03:51 PM
i have changed her name to Lilly :o.

Because I love flowers and I want my gurl ratties to be named after plants. If that makes sence :D.. thanks Cass, i will only quarentine her for 4 weeks :).. I am just perionoid ... :o

Desert Arabian
01-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Aww! Pictures please! I mean come on, it's Pet Talk, we love pictures!!

I do have a question. Exactly why would you get a rat from a horrible nasty breeder? You are supporting the breeder and getting a rat who most likely will have health issues because of the bad breeder. What if medical issues pop up!?!? :eek: I mean come on, this does not sound like a good place to get a rattie from (CLICK HERE (http://www.livejournal.com/users/teenagedreamer/13165.html?mode=reply)) IMO. :eek:

RockyRoad
01-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Congrats on the new rattie, Jynnelle! Can't wait to see some pics! :)

CathyBogart
01-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Huzzah! I can't wait to see her!

I got Chloe from a horrid nasty breeder too, but I didn't realize how bad the breeder was until halfway through quarantine when I found that she was crawling with mites! :eek: She alsi had a reputation for being "nasty", but after two weeks she became a total love! :D

Don't jump on TM for where she got her rat, I know of several people both here and at the Rats Rule! forums (Which is considered to be one of the strictest rat forums) who have supported the feeder industry by buying rats from feeder bins. For that matter, I know of people who supported puppy mills by buying pet-store dogs...

SO...Congrats on the beautiful new ratty, she will have a wonderful life with you and I'm happy for her and for Rosie!

Desert Arabian
01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Don't jump on TM for where she got her rat, I know of several people both here and at the Rats Rule! forums (Which is considered to be one of the strictest rat forums) who have supported the feeder industry by buying rats from feeder bins. For that matter, I know of people who supported puppy mills by buying pet-store dogs...

I *think* this is directed to me....

I did not "jump" on Jynelle about where she got her ratty. I just asked her exactly why she got one from a nasty breeder? Wouldn't you wanna get a ratty from a good breeder, Jynelle!? I suppose if you really didn't have the access to one, I understand! (Kinda like me and my breeder issue I talk about below):confused:

There is a difference between asking a question and "jumping" on somebody!

Yes, I myself have supported the feeder industry. All of my rats are from the pet store (only 2 of them were from the feeder bin), because there is no rattery near me within a 100 mile radius. :( Otherwise I would get my rats from a breeder. I am a member on Rats Rule! I know how strict they are-VERY! :eek: lol!

tikeyas_mom
01-27-2004, 01:34 AM
well i posted in jordans journal and if you all want to know about my new baby, Lilly's, background so badly, then visit this link and cry a river, like i did writing it.

It is sick and discusting, and i hope that you realize YLL that i saved this little gurl. i saved her from possibly getting pregnated by her brothers, as well as many other horrid faits that she might have endured...

About Lilly's background (http://petratscanada.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7579)

Amber
01-27-2004, 06:16 AM
TM, Im glad you saved Lilly's life from that place, now she is going to have the best life ever:D

Desert Arabian
01-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
About Lilly's background (http://petratscanada.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7579)

W:eek: :eek:W! Poor little Lilly!

And people always complain about how nasty petstore are! This breeder makes Petco look good! :eek:

trayi52
01-27-2004, 03:25 PM
I think it was great that you saved this little cutie, though I have to say, I want Pictures! Anyway you have given Lillie a better life. I know she will be happy now for certain!

Willie:)

tikeyas_mom
01-27-2004, 07:46 PM
thanks guys. i am so happy i saved her from sertin death too :)