PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Chester :(

micki76
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I know this probably belongs in Dog Health, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw it cause Chester needs a few prayers.

Here’s what happened. We gave everyone a bath today and I took Aneko into the other bathroom to blow dry her. Once she was done, I put he down and left the dryer on the counter on top of the bath mat. Chester decided he wanted up there and he tried to jump. He missed and slammed himself into the cabinet. I picked him up and checked him over really well. He looked ok so I put him down and we all went outside to play. They played and I got some good pics, then we went in and he jumped into my lap and I saw pure blood coming from his penis. So, off to the e-vet. She thought he had broken a small bone in his penis and wanted to take x-rays. The good news is that his penis seems to be ok, but he has a HUGE stone in his bladder and several small ones in his urethra. :( They are anesthetizing him and inserting a catheter in his urethra so that he can urinate (she thinks he can’t pee right now on his own). He will have surgery, probably tomorrow, at his regular vet. He has to stay overnight tonight and will go straight to his vet in the a.m.

He was very scared and mad when I left him there. He bit the vet tech while they were x-raying him. It didn’t draw blood, but she has a huge welt and a blood blister.

Please pray for him tonight, as he will have to be sedated for the catheter. I miss him so much, I have no idea how I’ll sleep tonight without him. :( I’m very upset and have not stopped crying since I saw the blood. There was a lot of blood. :(

I’ll update you as soon as the e-vet calls us tonight and please pray for my sweet little Chester tomorrow for his surgery. :(

Tweety_Pie
01-25-2004, 07:19 PM
OMG! Poor Chester:( I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers!!

clara4457
01-25-2004, 07:20 PM
OH Micki - I am so sorry. Many prayers and good vibes coming Chester's way. I am sure he will be fine, but I know how upsetting it is for you and him.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Moose
01-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Poor Chester...you all will be in my prayers. :(

Dogz
01-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Poor Chester.:(

-hugs Micki-

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Chester. Please keep us updated.

jenfer
01-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Micki, I am sorry to hear that. I hope he will be alright. He will be in my prayer.

trayi52
01-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh Micki, I am so sorry to hear this. Poor little Chester!! I hate it that you have to be separated from him.

Prayers are own the way!! Get well soon Chester so you mommy doesn't have to worry and miss you so badly.

Willie Sue

Cookiebaker
01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
How very scary & upsetting!!

Micki, you and Chester are in my thoughts and prayers that everything will go well, that Chester will get well soon, and that this will soon be OVER!

Hang in there!!

countrycowgirl
01-25-2004, 07:27 PM
aww i am so sorry me little bit chewie and roxy will be praying for him :(

lovemyshiba
Oh Micki-I know you are very worried about sweet Chester.
I would have been scared half to death too, after seeing all that blood.
I'm sure he is scared at the vet's, but he will return home soon, even better than ever.

I will definitely keep sweet little Chester in my prayers, and you too, so you can sleep tonight.

{{{{{{{Micki}}}}}}
{{{{{{{Chester}}}}}}}

Please update us as soon as your little sweetie gets home.

Tonya
Poor Chester! That sounds painful. I'll be praying for him. Keep us posted.

ParNone
01-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Oh gosh Micki, major prayers for you and Chester. Definitely know the worry you're feeling. Murph and I are going to have a similar week ahead. But those terrier dogs are very resilent lil' guys, so I know they're both going to be back to their bouncy terrier selves in no time.

Les...

dukedogsmom
01-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Poor Chester. I hope he'll be ok. I know how much you can miss them when they're not there. The week that Duke was sick was a miserable one for me so I know how you feel. Hope he's home and well soon.

Aspen and Misty
01-25-2004, 07:46 PM
OMG! ::hugs:: I'll keep him in my prayers the poor sweet baby ::hugs::
Update us often on his progress.

Ashley

joycenalex
01-25-2004, 07:50 PM
prayers for chester and for you. poor dog! poor mom! i was beside myself when i had to leave alex at the vet hospital in the fall for those long 3 days.

Foam
01-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Aww poor boy. :( You're in my thoughts, Chester. :(

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh Poor Chester!!! We'll be praying for him.

Miss Meow
01-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Micki, we'll be sending lots of positive thoughts for Chester's surgery. What an awful shock for you. Please try to get some sleep so you can focus your energy on him tomorrow when he needs you. {{{hugs}}}

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2004, 08:01 PM
omg i am so sorry. i am sure the vets will take great care of him..

i will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

kimlovescats
01-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Poor Chester, that indeed must be very painful! You know though, it really is a blessing in disguise that he injured himself on the counter. That didn't cause his problem, but it brought it to your attention! If this hadn't happened, it might have gotten much worse before you had any idea about it! So try to remain positive, and I will pray for healing in your sweet boy!

;)

aly
01-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh micki, I am so very sorry. When I met you and Chester, I saw your love for him. You two seem like an inseperable team. I know you love your girls, but I also know Chester is your baby. I would be beside myself with worry if it were Reece. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope he can get his surgery ASAP. Will he be able to come home tomorrow? Do you need anything? Please don't hesitate to call me if you need to talk or need ANYTHING!!

My prayers are on the way for both you and sweet Chester.

DogLover9501
01-25-2004, 09:11 PM
I know it will be very hard to rest without Chester there, I will be thinking about him lots! Hope everything goes well :) ~hugs~

wolf_Q
01-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh Micki, I'm so sorry to hear about the health issues with Chester. :( I'll be thinking about you both, I hope everything will be ok!

sabies
01-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Oh no, poor Chester. I'm glad I saw this post so I can send him good thoughts and prayers tonight. Get well Chester!

micki76
01-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Thank you all so much. Chester is doing ok, 'resting well' as they say.

They have a catheter in him and he did fine with the anesthesia. Now if his Mommy could just settle down. I've been doing laundry, washing dishes and just about everything else I can think of to keep busy. I'm a nervous wreck! I know in my heart that he'll be ok, but as Aly said we have a very special bond. When he was about 9 weeks old he inhaled his puppy kibble and didn't chew one. Well he started stumbling around and suddenly his eyes rolled back and I knew he couldn't breathe. Well I am normally not able to stay calm in those situations. I panic over everything. This time I calmly grabbed Chester and gave him a little puppy heimlich (sp?) maneuver and out popped the piece of kibble. He stood there for a split second and then scarfed down the offensive piece of food and went straight back to the bowl! After that, we crushed his food for about a month until he was big enough to eat properly. :)

So you see, he's my world, my heart, my everything. I'd give up ANYTHING for my little boy!

I'll let you all know tomorrow if they're going to do the surgery then, or if we'll have to wait. I think our vet will get him in right away; he's a great vet and a kind person.

Thank you for all your prayers and kind thoughts. Keep 'em coming, my baby needs them!

Twisterdog
01-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry Chester is not feeling well. I know how horrible that can be, for you and him!

Try not to stress, if you can, because dogs pick up on and mirror our emotions. Try to be calm for his sake, if you can. I know it's hard.

Hope all goes well! I'm sure it will.

RobiLee
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
This sounds awful! I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of Chester and you both tomorrow and you will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Robin

delidog
01-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Oh Poor Chester!!!!
We are sendinglots of Hugs & Prayers for you!!!!!!

Look at the bright side,though this was an unfortunate accident,it showed you that Chester had a problem...and you got him in time!!!

Stay Positive!!!!!
We'll all be thinking of you & Chester!!!!

ramanth
01-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Oh Chester!!! You poor thing. :( I hope you get better real soon. *hugs*

pitc9
01-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh Micki..... Oh poor Chester! How scared you were... OMG...

Prayers are heading your way right now!

I know the power of prayer works!! God listened to all the PTers prayers to bring my Sierra and Buddy home to me!!
I know God will hear our prayers again!!

Come on little guy!! Get better soon!!

tatsxxx11
01-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh no, poor little Chester:(:( We'll be thinking positive thoughts and praying for his complete and quick recovery. We're all sending you our strength and support micki; we understand how stressful this is for you and for your brave little boy. I was thinking the same thing as delidog and kim; as unfortunate as his accident was, it did bring to light his condition. Otherwise, he might have become even more seriously ill before it was picked up. Please keep us updated, micki. Thinking of you...{{{HUGS}}} Sandra

micki76
01-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Thank you everyone.

Well, we picked Chester up from the e-vet this morning. He freaked out when he saw me. :) We took him to our vet and they are doing his surgery today; he’ll be the third surgery this morning, so we should hear from them by 2 or 3. He’ll probably have a 2 day stay, because there are crystals in his urethra and they have to get those out, too. His surgery will be about three hours long. :eek:

I feel much better now that he’s at his vet. :) I’m hoping for sleep tonight, as I only got about 2 hours last night.

Angie – I wasn’t on PT all weekend so I didn’t even know about Buddy and Sierra until last night. I’m SO glad for you all that they were found! :D

You guys are right, we wouldn’t have known about this if he hadn’t injured himself. Thankfully he didn’t break the bone in his penis, too. Then we would have a real problem.

LOL our vet was excited about the crystals in the urethra. You know how Drs. are. He’s excited to get to fix it, lol. He’s a FANTASTIC vet and I’m so much more relaxed now. The e-vet was wonderful, but there’s just something special about Steve. :)

K9soul
01-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh I'm so glad to hear that the problem will be fixed and poor little Chester back to himself hopefully soon! Your vet does sound wonderful. I know I really love my vet and it makes all the difference in the world when something is wrong with one of your babies, and you know and trust your vet. Keep us updated and I will keep Chester in my prayers!

robinh
01-26-2004, 10:04 AM
I haven't been on PT much this weekend. Just saw the note about Chester - it scared me. I can imagine how you've been. Prayers for both you and Chester coming from our house. Let us know as soon as you can about his surgery. Will be thinking of you all day.

Linda York
01-26-2004, 10:41 AM
:( Hang in there, and please do keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Chester. We are sending all our positive thought and puppy prayers your way.
Hang in there Chester!

ChrisH
01-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Poor Chester.:( Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Chris.

Albea
01-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Many good thoughts and prayers for Chester's quick recovery. Please let us know how he's doing when you have a chance.
Hugs.

Tina
01-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Poor Chester:( I will be keeping him in my thoughts.

anna_66
01-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Poor littel Chester boy:( I'm so sorry to hear what happened and that he has to have surgery.
I'll be keeping both you and Chester in my prayers that all goes well today.
{{{HUGS}}} Anna

RubyMutt
01-26-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better, Micki. It's good that you have such a positive attitude about it. Chester will be in my thoughts! I hope his surgery goes well and he makes a speedy recovery!

primabella
01-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh Micki, I only saw this thread now! I am so sorry about what happened to Chester but I am glad he is doing okay and is being well taken care of. Keep us updated on him. :)

jazzcat
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Poor Chester.

Prayers are on the way. Hopefully he will back home happy and healthy soon!

My Peanuts
01-26-2004, 04:03 PM
I just saw this post Micki. I am praying for Chester and please keep us updated after his surgery. I know others have said similar things, but thank God Chester tried to jump up on the counter. If he hadn't you may have missed the blood and he could have had real problems with his kidneys or who knows what. I know you boy will be ok. NOW GET SOME REST ;)

micki76
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Chester’s surgery is over and we have some good news! Steve was able to remove all the crystals inside his urethra without cutting his penis open (he wasn’t sure if he could flush them back up into the bladder and remove them with the large stone with just one incision)! So that means less stitches and easier recovery. He’s still very out of it and has the catheter, so I’m going to go see him after work and pep him up a bit.

He’ll probably stay tonight and tomorrow night and come home Wednesday. Steve says come by as much as I want, so I will. :)

Thank you Pet Talkers!!! :D :D :D

Miss Meow
01-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Half way there, still thinking of Chester for his surgery today. Fingers and paws crossed for you all :)

tatsxxx11
01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
What happy, happy news!!! Brave little Chester is out of sir-jury!:D I'll bet he'll be so happy to see his Mommy! Dr. Steve sounds likes a real sweetheart and a fine vet! Now you get some rest, Micki:) Prayers continue for Chester's speedy recovery! Love Sandra, cody and Star

K9soul
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
I have to say again your vet sounds wonderful, and how much it helps to have a good vet like that when you are a worried mom! I'm glad you'll get to visit Chester baby, and that he'll be home soon. Give his little nose a kiss for me!

Uabassoon
01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm happy to hear that the sir-jury went well! I'll send some postive thoughts that he has a speedy recovery :)

micki76
01-26-2004, 07:34 PM
I went and saw Chester and he was so sad looking. He stood up and tried to climb into my arms, but he wasn’t very steady on his feet. He was just so pathetic. His urine was mostly blood, but that’s expected right now. Steve said that he’ll take out the catheter tomorrow and hopefully Ches can come home soon! Our home just doesn’t feel right without him!

When I go there I asked the tech for a clean towel and she said she had just put one in the dyer to warm for him, and that she’d done that a couple of times already this afternoon! :) They are so nice there. I just wish he wasn’t there alone. I wanted to take him to the e-vet to stay overnight, but I wouldn’t have been able to pick him up and get him switched out in time in the morning, so I hope he’ll be ok tonight. :(

I also hope to get a couple of hours of sleep tonight, I’m pooped! I kept waking up just as I’d doze off last night and I’d think of Chester being cold, scared and wondering where I was. At least tonight he knows where he is and they keep the ward very warm. :)

I can’t wait to go see him tomorrow at lunch and after work. If I remember, I’ll take my camera and try to get a couple of pics.

I can never thank you all enough for your prayers, concern, words of encouragement, and good thoughts. Chester and I appreciate each and every one of you so very much. What wonderful friends you all are. I could never have survived this without you, and knowing you were all thinking of us and hoping for the best!

shais_mom
01-26-2004, 07:41 PM
sorry I missed this Micki~
prayers on the way for sweet Chester

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Glad to hear Chester is doing okay. We'll keep parying for him and a speedy recovery

amoore
01-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Gee Micki, I had no idea till now what you were going through! I just saw this! I'm sorry you and little Chester had to go through such a scarry thing! I know its awful when your baby has to be away from you. I know it is even worse when you are afraid for their life!

I'm so sorry I didn't look over here today! I was wondering where you were, but silly me didn't think to look over here in dog General.

You and little Chester have my prayers and Hugs.
Give him a nose kissie for me.

Hugs and kisses to you and Chester.

RubyMutt
01-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Wonderful news! Way to go Chester :D I hope you get back to your old self again soon!

aly
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I am sure Chester is going to sleep the night away and before he knows it, mommy will be there to visit!

I am so glad the surgery went smoothly and chester will be home soon.

Continued prayers for the sleepy doggy and tired mommy!

mugsy
01-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I didn't see this either. I'm so sorry Chester is sick. You're a good mom. He's being well taken care of and will be home soon. I'm glad that he was able to have surgery done by someone you trust. Please keep us updated.

delidog
01-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!
So Glad that Chester is on the road to recovery!!!!
He'll sleep good tonight!!!!!
Hugs & Treats(When he is able!!)

Cheshirekatt
01-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Oh no! Poor Chester. :(

Well, the good news is that he feels good enough to bite.....that's usually a good sign!

Seriously, I'll be thinking good thoughts for Chester.

popcornbird
01-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh Micki, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. :( Poor Chester! I'm sorry to hear about this, but glad that he made it through the surgery ok. Will be keeping him and you in my prayers.

ChrisH
01-27-2004, 05:59 AM
So glad to hear the surgery went well and Chester will be home soon. :) Keeping him in my prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 06:38 AM
I'm so happy that the worst of it is over with! I'm sure he was happy to see you. I'll bet you'll be really glad when he's home safe and well again. Give him a hug for me.

joycenalex
01-27-2004, 06:42 AM
did you get some sleep last night? ;) when will chester be home today? hope for both of you, it's soon. regards, joyce

amoore
01-27-2004, 07:34 AM
Micki, hope you got some rest last night. When do you get to pick up Chester? I hope you get your baby soon. I know he is wanting to be with mom.

Hugs to you both.

mugsy
01-27-2004, 07:47 AM
Is today the day that Chester comes home?? I hope so. Give the little guy a hug from the Kendall Krew

micki76
01-27-2004, 08:14 AM
No, he can’t come home today. :( He has to stay there one more night, since they’re keeping the catheter in him today. They’ll take that out this afternoon and then he comes home on tomorrow! Yay! I can’t wait. :D

I did get a pretty good nights sleep. LOL, I got out our electric blanket and turned it on, and kind of waded it up and put it next to me to mimic Chester. LMAO What a weirdo I am! Hey, it worked though. I’ll never tell anyone other than Pet Talkers cause they’d have me committed.

I’m going for a lunch time visit today and I’ll try to get a pic or two for y’all. ;)

Linda York
01-27-2004, 10:50 AM
:D What great news. So very glad to hear thaat Chester is doing so well. :D
Sending our thoughts and prayers for a speedy and easy recovery. I hope he'll be home soon with you, that is the best medicine!!! :D

amoore
01-27-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm glad they are making sure he is ok, and ready for mom. Sounds like good vets you have for Chester.

I think we all understand your love for your baby. My younger sister don't like dogs and thinks willie and I have lost our minds.:D If its crazy to love our dogs then I would rather stay crazy.:)

I hope little Chester gets to come home heathy to his sweet mommy.

Can't wait to see more pictures!:D

lovemyshiba
01-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm so glad little Chester is feeling much better, and gets to come home tomorrow!!!!
I think that was a great idea what you did with the blanket--if it helped you sleep, good for you!!!!!

It sounds as though you have a wonderful vet, too.

When you see Chester at lunchtime, tell him we're all thinking about him:)

joycenalex
01-30-2004, 06:53 AM
how is chester and micki today?

micki76
01-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
how is chester and micki today?

He's doing good! Here's a newer, updated thread: Look who's home! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=42735&perpage=20&pagenumber=1)