PDA

View Full Version : Winter pics of Oz at the park today...

ParNone
01-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Was such a gorgeous shorts and t-shirt kind of day today, that Oz and I headed out to the park. I wasn't too impressed with the park and we left early, but it was nice to get outside for a few at least. Here's a few pics:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p613510fb3a31700952dbfce0e1f277db/f9d36432.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pa30042f569bbd42a33fedbb37a72796d/f9d3642c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p1132aa5b2ed994aa93ae63b5538f7bdc/f9d36428.jpg

Here's some of Oz and Murph playing with a couple of their x-mas toys:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p9a5863397b5f05167397d1db321b235d/f9d34e14.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p23bcdb4a189f506c5f69c576e9d6be95/f9d34e0e.jpg

Par...

GoldenRetrLuver
01-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh Oz, I LOVE YOU! :D You're such a gorgeous Collie boy. Murph's just a little cutie. :)

Kfamr
01-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh Oz... you're so handsome!

I don't know why you remind me of Nala so much hehe...

You even sit like her!:p

Foam
01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey, Oz-man! You are just stunning. I swear you get more handsome every time I see you! Murph looks so soft and cuddly. Hehe, give them both hugs and kisses for me! How is agility going, Par? :)

Dogz
01-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Oz you are just so handsome! You look so beautiful posing!!

Great pictures!:D

Moose
01-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Ozzy man, you are just too handsome!! :D

clara4457
01-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I am so jealous - it is still sub zero weather here. I would love to be able to go outside and romp with the kids. :(

Oh well - thanks for letting me taste what I have to look forward to in 3-4 loooooonnnnnnnggggg months.

ParNone
01-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks ya'll! Oz sends Collie Nose Nudges to ya. ;)

Hi Clara!

I don't know how ya'll do it in subzero weather. I'm freezing when it dips below 70...;)

Hi Cayter!

Agility is going really well. Oz is over his teeter totter fear and he's doing the weave poles without a lure now. Still have to teach him to find the weave entry on his own and to go across the teeter without any support of the board from me, but we're very close to being able to compete. I'm thinking by Summer, we'll be ready. *fingers crossed*

Les...

lovemyshiba
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Finally!!!
Our fix of Oz pictures!!!!!
And of course, he looks as handsome as ever!!!!!!
And Murph--what a sweetheart--it looks like they got some wonderful Christmas toys!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!!!

RobiLee
01-25-2004, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen any pics of Oz for awhile. I'm so happy to see him. He is gorgeous! I am really starting to like these smooth collies. I was just talking about it in Caytor's thread. I'm going to have to look up some info on these pups. Can you tell me what they are like?

Robin :)

ramanth
01-26-2004, 08:44 AM
I just adore Oz's long legs. :D *sighs*

K9soul
01-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh Oz, you are SO handsome! I just love your eyes! Oh! All these collie pictures are making me miss my boys so much!

He's just stunning! And your weather looks so nice! We're covered in snow!

ParNone
01-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks again ya'll! Murph sends terrier tail wags to everybody!

Hi Robilee!

See if I can give you the reader's digest version of the plus and minuses I've encountered. The pluses:

Easy to train if you use positive reinforcement. They are very attentive and soooooo want to please, that they'll bend over backwards trying to do what you want. Very quick about figuring out what you want too.

Absolute breeze to housebreak. I tell ya, I'd get another one on that trait alone. ;)

Very attached, so they like to stay close. I've never had any issues with Oz taking off from me.

Gentle. Not an aggressive bone in their body. Oz loves everybody and everything.

Not very destructive. Oz has never been a big chewer, even as a puppy.

Playful. Oz really loves interactive games like fetch and catch. That's been a really neat thing about him, because my lil' Cairns never saw much point in fetch, especially Murph. This has come in handy for agility too, because I really think he sees himself as my teammate. When we're running a sequence, he's totally focused on me and does not get distracted and run off, like most of the other dogs in class.

Energetic outside, but calm inside. Oz is always up for any activity, but when you're inside watching TV, he's very good about just laying down beside you, especially now that he's more mature.

Breeze to groom and they do well in hot or cold climates.

No doggy odor and no drooling. Although they're messing drinkers.

The minuses:

Barking. That's really the biggest issue we have. Even as an adult, I'm constantly working to make sure his barking doesn't get out of hand. It's so loud, I can see where it could easily be a big annoyance to the neighbors. In reality he doesn't bark that much, but I feel like any, could be cause for concern because of the volume.

Nipping. Oz was a lil' nippy when he was a puppy, but it was pretty easy to train him not to. As an adult, he does love to put his mouth on me and Murph, but he doesn't bite down. It's what I would imagine a Golden would be like and Oz does love to retrieve things, so I dunno there's some major need to be very oral. He loves to carry toys around too.

Timid. With a gentle, sweet disposition comes timidity, I guess. I really have to make sure to make everything fun and never coddle him about anything he's afraid of. But so far, he's overcome every fear, except his new one of the vet, but we're working on it.

Shedding. It's supposedly moderate, but I don't know compared to my terriers, who are low, it seems like an awful lot to me. I've started referring to my car as the hair mobile. :)

Pacing. If we're not all in one room, Oz will not light anywhere. He has to be making sure everybody's okay and accounted for. So he keeps moving from one room to another. That protective, caring part, I view as a plus, but the constant movement can get a wee bit annoying. It's usually only a problem when I try to watch TV in the den, because Murph likes to hang out in the bedroom though. If we're all in one room, then he's very calm.

Well that turned out to be a lil' too long to be considered reader's digest.:)

Par...

ParNone
01-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey k9soul!

Have you posted pics of your Collies? I'd love to see'em.

Par...

ParNone
01-26-2004, 11:05 AM
I thought of another plus/minus. They're not big leash pullers. Very gentle, which is really good in such a big dog. However, they do like to circle and weave. Unless you make them stay in a heel position, walking in a straight line seems to be a foreign concept. And when we're out walking casual, I don't like to keep Oz in a heel, so I've gotten very good at swinging my arm, that's holding the leash, up and around as he circles behind me. :)

Par...

anna_66
01-26-2004, 01:50 PM
I could have swore it looked (and sounded-shorts and t-shirt) like spring;)
Great pictures par, that Oz is just beautiful and so is little Murph!

mugsy
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Great pictures!! I may have missed it, but, why didn't you like the dog park?

K9soul
01-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Hey k9soul!

Have you posted pics of your Collies? I'd love to see'em.

I posted a bunch in this thread awhile back, sometime before Christmas. I took pictures of pictures but they turned out pretty good.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40759

My collies were the rough variety but of course still had the same sweet collie natures as the smoothies do. :)

ParNone
01-26-2004, 02:25 PM
hey anna!

It really feels like spring too. I tell ya it's torture being stuck in a office today with the sunshine beckoning. ;)

hola mugsy!

It's not a dog park, just a park. I've been wanting to find a park somewhat close to home to get some exercise in. This is the first time we've been to this one and there wasn't much in the way of trails and it was really secluded. There was just me and Oz and an older guy with his German Shepherd at first. I actually felt okay around him, maybe because he had a dog, but he soon left and then another guy came who was all by himself. I don't know, I just had an uncomfortable feeling about him, and I always listen to my instinct, so I decided to just go ahead and leave. I think we'll keep searching and see if we can't find a park with a lil' more activity or that's lil' more open.

Par...

ParNone
01-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh k9soul, they are absolutely gorgeous and look so sweet natured. I just want to reach out and give those cute collie schnoozes a big ole kiss. And to think I never liked those big noses, until I had my own Collie. Now I can't think of anything better in life then kissing those noses and getting endlessly poked by'em.

Par...

K9soul
01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Oh k9soul, they are absolutely gorgeous and look so sweet natured. I just want to reach out and give those cute collie schnoozes a big ole kiss. And to think I never liked those big noses, until I had my own Collie. Now I can't think of anything better in life then kissing those noses and getting endlessly poked by'em.

Par...

Thank you Par :) They meant the world to me, and still do, just as precious to me as Tommy and Tasha are now. I know what you mean about the collie noses. You just come to love that cute schnoz of theirs. Your description on collies from Reader's Digest seemed very accurate. Especially how they want to please, and love to learn. My two were ultra sensitive too, especially Willie. Just saying "Willie, no" in a normal voice tone was enough to devastate him! Collies take a very light hand with training, and I think would become spirit-broken with too much negative feedback.

ParNone
01-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh definitely, they shine under positive, upbeat training methods. And I could see where they'd easily shut down under negative ones. Not too long ago at agility class, one of the dogs was making a beeline towards another one, with what looked like intent to attack it. The trainer jumped up near Oz, ran into the path of the attacking dog and was waving her hands, hollering at him, so that he'd be scared to running back to his owner, which he did. Meanwhile Oz about had a heartattack. He launched himself into my lap and the rest of the class, he gave the trainer a wide berth. It wasn't even directed at him, but still it upset him.

He's the only dog in class that the trainer will not use those types of methods on. Whenever he's fallen off the dog walk, those are the times where he's stressed and won't come to me. But she won't intervene, she'll just give me time to calmly go track him down. I don't use any negative language at all towards him for agility. If we make a mistake in class, I just ignore it. Some of the other people can get away with saying "No" to their dogs, but there's no way I could do that with Oz. He'd shut down in a nanosecond. I just let it go, because I know he'll figure out really fast, what gets him the cookie and what doesn't.

Par...

primabella
01-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Ozzy is just stunning and Murph is soo adorable! Thanks for the pics, Par. :) But it doesn't like winter to me! ;)

tikeyas_mom
01-26-2004, 04:25 PM
very sweet pics1!!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Yep! Smooth Collies are great, after seeing Oz and Ozzy I'm hooked on 'em. :) Of course, the roughs are just beautiful too. (wonder why? ;)) You just HAVE to keep up with that grooming! It's a must. Molly's blowing her coat now, so I brush her out 2 times a day, for about 30-45 minutes each session.

ParNone
01-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks ya'll!! Should I rub it in that's still bright, blue, sunny skies here?;)

Hey Goldenretrluver!

Yeh there's no doubt the Roughs are beautiful. Love all that gorgeous hair, but the grooming requirements scares me off. I've been wondering about Goldens in comparison lately, in regards to grooming and temperament and such. May have to make another thread.

Par...

GoldenRetrLuver
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey Goldenretrluver!

Yeh there's no doubt the Roughs are beautiful. Love all that gorgeous hair, but the grooming requirements scares me off. I've been wondering about Goldens in comparison lately, in regards to grooming and temperament and such. May have to make another thread.

Par...

Yep, that's probably one of the reason you don't see Collies too often around here. ;) The grooming requirements.

Ohh! Are you thinking about getting a Golden? :D
Where should I start...

Goldens are shedders, no doubt about that. Daisy was blowing her coat a few weeks ago, but she's finished. As to comparing them to a Collie, Molly definatley needs more grooming than her. I recommend brushing goldens between 10-20 minutes a day, depending on their coat lengh.
Their temperment is excellent with both people and dogs. Esspecially if they were raised with other dogs and/or kids. With cats, it really depends on the individual dog. Daisy's GREAT with both of my mom's cats, but I wouldn't trust her with any small animals; like birds for example.
But, most of them have a nasty puppy stage. Since goldens don't mature physically until they're around 2 years old, you could be dealing with it for awhile. If I had a quarter for every hole Daisy dug as a pup, I'd be rich. :p She wasn't so bad with the chewing, but some are; and they will chew ANYTHING. Whether it be toys, socks, shoes, paper bags, funiture, etc.
For weather temperatures, they'll be fine if they have access to shade, and fresh, cool water. It also doesn't hurt to add a few icecubes every now and then. ;)

But overall, they're a great breed. But NOT for everybody, which most people may think.

If you need any more info, let me know.
;)

ChrisH
01-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh, my! what lovely pictures!:) Oz so handsome and Murphy so adorable!:)

ParNone
01-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks Chrish!

Thanks for all the info Goldenretrluver! I was surfing and stumbled across the cutest lil' female Golden named AppleSauce. I think I'm as much in love with the name, as her cute lil' face. :)Anyway she got me interested in Goldens again, so I've been researching'em again. Gotta get Murph all healed up, before considering any puppies though.

Par...

K9soul
01-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Hmm Tommy has never really been a digger... actually I don't think I've ever seen him dig a hole in the dirt outside, but I don't know if he's just atypical or not, as he's the first golden I have had. But he is mouthy! He puts everything in his mouth! From coins he finds to sticks to clothing to logs he can barely get his mouth around. He loves to always be carrying something around.

If you love to cuddle with a dog, goldens LOVE to cuddle and be cuddled. I have never had a dog that loved constant physical contact the way Tommy does. If I lay on the floor, he lays as close as possible to me. If I move, he moves too. He is in heaven just getting pets and scratches, staring off into space with a look of pure bliss there. He loves to always be able to see where his people are, which means if you are moving around the house, he's following into every room. He will even try to follow me to the bathroom :p.

I'd say they have a similar nature to collies in that they love to please and love to learn. Probably a bit more emotionally stable. Tommy doesn't get depressed for an hour if I scold him for something, but he will try to do whatever needs to be done to please me.

I'm not sure if all goldens are this way, but Tommy is a clown too. He loves doing silly things to make me laugh. If he hears me laugh it's like getting a treat for something, he connects the behavior and will keep doing it to get more laughter.

I think the breed is very loving and devoted, not best for people who have to be away from home constantly. Goldens thrive on being with their people. If you like your personal space without a dog right there laying on your feet or resting their head on your leg etc., I'd not recommend them. They seem like very touchy feely types. I love that in Tommy personally :D I think that is a reason they can be so great with kids too, because they don't mind a child hugging and hanging on them, they delight in it :)

Like Julie said, they do great with other dogs and pets. They aren't territorial at all that I have seen, never minding to share their space with someone else.

Tommy is vocal when he plays, and barks a bit if he hears the doorbell, but otherwise isn't a big barker. My collies were much more into barking than either Tasha or Tommy has been. Tommy is really easy to groom, but does tend to shed rather heavily. He enjoys the attention and contact of being brushed.

I think the biggest "con" that I have experienced with Tommy has been his chewing. He has never chewed on furniture, cords and the like. He seems to prefer to chew on cloth, as in his blankets/bedding, laundry, etc. I used to could not give him any toy except hard ones that couldn't be destroyed in an hour, but I've been able to actually teach him not to chew certain toys by only letting him play with it supervised, and then when he begins to chew I say "don't chew" and hand him a Nylabone or something. He quickly came to understand what "don't chew" meant and once he gets used to not chewing a toy he naturally will play with it and when he's ready to settle down to chew, set that toy down and pick up an acceptable chew toy. I've always been impressed with how quickly he learns.

Well, I didn't mean to write a book here. Most of this is based off of my own experience with Tommy, but also some of talking with other golden owners. :)

ParNone
01-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks k9soul! Lots of more good info. I'm really drawn to that cuddly part. Murph and Oz really aren't. That's the thing I miss most about Maddie. Oz is a follower and likes to be near and keep track of you, but he won't lay right next to you for long periods being scratched or petted.

With all that Golden enthusiam, did ya'll have issues with leash pulling? How about being easily distracted? That's a huge reason why I think Oz has been so easy to train. He's very focused on me and not on a mission to see who he can go visit next. He loves people and other animals, but when I'm interacting with him, I've got his undivided attention. I've got this vision of me chasing my Golden around the training center as he goes to meet and greet everybody. ;)

How about doggy odor, in comparison to Collies?

Par...

K9soul
01-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Tommy has been bad at leash pulling, but he was not worked with when he was a puppy before I got him. He learns so quickly and tries so hard though to do what I want. I think if I had had him from a baby, he'd be a lot better with the leash. I once knew a golden that looked a LOT like Tommy, named Cody. He was beautifully trained to walk at a heal without the owner even holding his leash at all. There is a leash law in town of course though, so he did wear a leash, but he held the leash himself! She'd take him for walks, and he'd trot along happily at her side holding his own leash. It was the cutest thing!

Doggie odor I don't notice being any worse/better than my rough collies. I didn't think either the collies or Tommy has a particularly strong odor. When I gave the dogs a bath, I actually noticed more smell with Tasha, but then she tends to be bad about rolling in stuff, more than Tommy. Also her coat has more tendency to be oily than Tommy's.

I think they tend to be fairly easily distractable, but it's also easy to grab their attention back, and train them to be focused on you too. The fact goldens are used widely as service and guide dogs should probably attest to that. I think distractibility can go both ways as a pro or con. If Tommy takes off after a rabbit, it's easy for me to say "Tommy!!" and grab his attention back. It can work in reverse too though :p. It probably really has a lot to do with how much time is spent training and teaching, which I don't spend enough I readily admit. When I do though, I'm always impressed with his quick learning and happiness while doing so

Sometimes it can be funny watching Tommy's distractibility at work. Jogging happily with a ball or toy and suddenly seeing another, then watching him stop and try to decide which toy he wants, sometimes trying to grab both. He has this kind of rubber, three-lobed toy that's easy to carry and tug, and he figured out how to push it down onto one of his balls so that the ball gets trapped inside and he can carry both toys that way... LOL. This is a picture of him holding it (without the ball in the middle).

http://www.doordolt.com/~jfrank/Dogs3/tommytoy.jpg

If you like a cuddler I can almost guarantee a golden will make you more than happy in that area :D.

Hmm, trying to think of anything else that might be of interest. Maybe Julie will think of something I haven't thought of. If I do think of something else or if you think of more questions, I'd be more than happy to share what I know or have experienced :)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Daisy's the first Golden I've had also. From what I've noticed, she isn't really as "clingy" as some of the other ones I've met, but she has her moments when she's just a big cuddle bug. :D When she was a young pup, she used to ALWAYS want to be with you, whatever you were doing. But, I think since she's matured a little, she became more independant. :)

Molly doesn't have a body odor. She could go for months without a bath, and not smell at all. But I give her one anyway, because I like a clean dog. :p Daisy doesn't have one either.

Oh yes, and ear cleaning for goldens is a MUST. Since they have those "low to the ground, droopy" ears, bacteria can get in them and cause bad ear infections, which they're prone too.

Another thing is TENNIS BALL OBSESSION. I can probably sit at the most for 5 minutes, without her bringing up a tennis ball, or something; anything; to throw and go fetch. Even when she's outside in the backyard, she plays fetch with herself. She kicks the ball around with her paws, brings it back, and does it again.

As you also may know, they're very smart and easy to train. Daisy heels perfectly. She speeds up when I do, slows down when I do, and sits beside me when I stop walking/running. I could leave her out in the front, put her in the sit/stay position without a leash, walk away for a while, and she'd still be there. Of course, I won't try it out unless I have to. :p One of the reasons why I love them--their eagerness to please.

Daisy isn't vocal at all. She doesn't even growl/bark when her and Molly play. Molly takes care of that. :rolleyes: She's just a quiet, little girl.

wolf_Q
01-29-2004, 11:13 PM
You call those WINTER pics? ;) I'm sick of the cold, want to trade? :p

Very very beautiful...I just LOVE Oz's markings and those gorgeous eyes! Murph looks just adorable too!

ParNone
01-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks again for all the info k9soul and goldenretrluver!
You guys are just a well of info. Lets me get a real good
feel for life with a golden. k9soul, that pic alone makes
me wanna go out and get one. What a character! :)

hey wolfq!

Well it's been rainy, gray and dreary the last two days, but at
least it's not cold I guess. So no trade.:)

Par...

RobiLee
01-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Wow! Now you guys are making me think about getting a golden. I am constantly thinking about getting another dog but I just can't seem to make up my mind. I would love to have a playmate for Katie but I worry about her being an alpha dog which she definitely is and finding another dog that is a bit more submissive. I am constantly looking at the other breeds and trying to figure out what breed's personality would work best with Katie's. The more I'm thinking about what you guys have written and remembering back when Jordan the Golden came to visit with Katie I'm thinking a golden might be it. Jordan did seem to play with Katie well and also did seem to be a bit submissive when Katie wanted her way. Also I did notice that Jordan loved attention and did seem to want to follow us everywhere and was happiest when he was being petted and given attention. I will be giving this a lot of thought. I was thinking about a collie but now I'm leaning more towards a golden. I appreciate any advice or opinions.

Robin :)

Here are some pics of Katie and Jordan:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pbb483f8a70f90304f2954ca43d061f44/faa747f3.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p625be4f2dd253cccf075cc3740f8d38c/faa74800.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p4b6d1cea0e5f76010021794d47b6997e/faa70a53.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p40cff2abe712cec893268e5eb344184b/faa70a91.jpg

GoldenRetrLuver
01-30-2004, 08:40 PM
*Grins* I must warn you...goldens are very addictive. As people who love them say, "Golden Retrievers are like Potatoe Chips. You can't have just one". ;)

Molly is the alpha dog between the two of them. Daisy is submissive with her, and other dogs. Since Katie would be the "first" dog, and it's still her home and turf, I would assume she would still be Alpha. Goldens are layed back, submissive dogs, so I don't think that would be a problem. :)

But, honesty; they are not for everybody. Be sure to do research first!

Moose
01-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Hm...with all this talk about Goldens, I think it is time for more Daisy pics. ;):p

K9soul
01-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I love my golden boy!! :D Tasha is the alpha here too. Tommy is perfectly happy with her having the leading role between the two. He's never shown the slightest sign of aggression towards any dog or person at all. I'd say they are probably one of the best breeds at getting along well with others, either human or other furkids.

Those pictures of Jordan and Katie are so sweet :) Jordan reminds me of Tommy too.

I actually think collies and goldens have some personality similarities, but my experience has been that goldens are more into cuddling (I know at least Tommy is, that boy can't get enough of cuddles). Both love to please and to learn. My collies learned so quickly, and so does Tommy. Rough collies definitely take more grooming, and heaven forbid they run through a cocklebur patch LOL. I have actually had that happen with my collies. :o. Collies aren't really very territorial but goldens are even less so. I think goldens are generally a bit more emotionally stable than collies overall. My Cody was pretty stable but Willie was very sensitive and easily upset by any change in routine. He was also ultra sensitive to my moods.

I really love both breeds, but if I were going to pick one or the other to add with an alpha, I would probably lean towards a golden.

Like Julie said, they are addictive! :)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
I actually think collies and goldens have some personality similarities, but my experience has been that goldens are more into cuddling (I know at least Tommy is, that boy can't get enough of cuddles). Both love to please and to learn. My collies learned so quickly, and so does Tommy. Rough collies definitely take more grooming, and heaven forbid they run through a cocklebur patch LOL. I have actually had that happen with my collies. :o. Collies aren't really very territorial but goldens are even less so. I think goldens are generally a bit more emotionally stable than collies overall. My Cody was pretty stable but Willie was very sensitive and easily upset by any change in routine. He was also ultra sensitive to my moods.

Mine are the opposite! LOL! :p
Like I said, Daisy has her moments when all she wants to do is cuddle with you, but Molly looooves to just snuggle with you on the couch, and lay in your lap. Of course, she doesn't understand she's a 70 pound beast with hair. ;)
Molly's also very sensitive. She's been shy since we first picked her up at around 5 months old, but she's made dramatic improvements. :) When we first went to the breeder's house, (who by the way, sucked :mad: ) Molly was kept in a little metal cage with concrete, with a dog house in it. She wouldn't want to come any closer, and everytime we tryed to pet her, she flinced and went to the corner. :( Of course, we couldn't leave her there...knowing what her breeder did her then, or in the past. So, she came home with us. :D She also gets very, very, anxious if Daisy isn't in the room with her, or she's left alone somewhere. I was training with her today out in the back, and Molly was crying, barking, whimpering, and jumping on the glass door.
But, I agree personality is very similar.

Anyway...sorry for blabbing. :p

Brooke,
I'll try to get some new ones up of both of them this weekened. I've had Finals this week, so I haven't had time too. :)

Moose
01-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, yeah...excuses, excuses, JuJuBa. :p;)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Moose
Yeah, yeah...excuses, excuses, JuJuBa. :p;)

JuJuBa? Is that my new nickname? :p I don't even want to know where you got that one from...;)

Moose
01-30-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't know...lol.

I was going to put JuBa...but saying JuJuBa was more fun. :p

I don't know where I got it from...I think I was going to say JuJuBean and stopped short...I must've been too lazy. :o

K9soul
01-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Tommy was an abused/neglected rescue, so maybe that is partly why he's so particularly cuddly and attached to us, though my husband has a friend with a female golden named Bailey, and he says when he goes over there for parties and such she is a lot like Tommy with how she wants to cuddle so much. :D

Cody was the most cuddly of my two collies, especially as he got older. Willie always wanted to be close and had his cuddling moods but not as much as Cody. On the other hand when I took them for walks, Willie loved to trot next to me close enough that his side pressed against my leg, and if there was a thunderstorm he was in my lap :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
01-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I don't know...lol.

I was going to put JuBa...but saying JuJuBa was more fun. :p

I don't know where I got it from...I think I was going to say JuJuBean and stopped short...I must've been too lazy. :o

Haha, you really are a strange one. :p

Moose
01-30-2004, 10:46 PM
We've discussed this already, JuBa...I'm not strange, I'm abnormally cool. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
01-31-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes...abnormal being the key word there. :p

Moose
01-31-2004, 11:07 AM
Now JuJamba...stop being mean and play nicely. --shakes finger--

GoldenRetrLuver
01-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Fine TreeBark. :p

Moose
01-31-2004, 11:22 AM
:p

Foam
01-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
...if there was a thunderstorm he was in my lap :rolleyes:

:D
Ozzy is exactly the same. He's such a weeny sometimes. :rolleyes: He is naturally a bit shy around new things, but NOT people or animals! He thinks he's a lap dog too. Anyone else's Collie think they're a lap doggy?
Ozzy has his cuddly moods, but they're rare. He would rather romp around with a toy in his mouth and play! :)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Foam
Anyone else's Collie think they're a lap doggy?
Ozzy has his cuddly moods, but they're rare. He would rather romp around with a toy in his mouth and play! :)

Yes. :rolleyes:
I sit down on the couch, and turn on the T.V. Molly comes over, and sits down right in front. If I ignore her, she barks and nudges my arm. So, I tell her "up" and she'll sit right on top of me. :p Sometimes not her whole body, but her front paws will and she'll nibble and lick you to death. :p

Foam
01-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Hehe! Same with Ozzy! I can put my feet up, and he'll try to lay on top of them. :rolleyes:

ParNone
01-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Yeh Oz definitely likes to get in my lap. I sometimes think, that in his mind, he's a 20lb Cairn and since he sees them in my lap all the time, then that must be where he's suppose to be too. It's a lil' embarassing at agility or the vets, because I've got this 65lb dog draped across me. Course he doesn't stay there long. He also doesn't do it gently. He flings himself up there, noses me, then jumps back down. Another 5 mins and he'll do the same thing again.

Also when I'm watching TV, he'll come and stand over me to get me to scratch his chest. If I stop scratching, then he'll paw my hand. Why he can't lay beside me and not block the TV, I have not figured out. At least when I tell him, enough, he's blocking the TV, so go lay down, he does.

Hey foam, Oz has gotten more affectionate as he's gotten older, although he still loves playing best. So maybe Ozzy will too. I made a point of petting and scratching him, even though he didn't seem to care about it and he's definitely more into it now then when he was a puppy.

Par...