PDA

View Full Version : Cell Dogs

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Have you seen this show on Animal Planet? I love it! Right now they have two litters of puppies...one that is 5 weeks old and another that is 4 days old ( Course there are older dogs too). Sooo cute!!! And what a great program...teaching dogs manners and inmates responsibility.

Tonya
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Yes, I watch that show occasionally. I love it too! I think the best way to reform a convict is to give them ways to contribute to society. -Give them meaning in their lives. Everyone wins in celldogs.

Pam
01-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I saw the episode you are talking about and thought it was a great way to help the inmates as well as the dogs. :)

jenfer
01-25-2004, 05:03 PM
I have watched that episode too. Very nice. :)

Moose
01-25-2004, 05:19 PM
I just watched that show for the first time the other day...and I loved it. It's a wonderful show! :D

clara4457
01-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I try to watch it every week. I didn't have a chance to see this weeks show until today (I am so happy they reshow it on Sundays, because I always forget to tape it).

I absolutely love it. It is such a terrific program. The very first show where they showed how it started in one prison was the best so far. I especially liked the fact that having the dogs there decreases the tension that is so prevalent in a prison society. Such a win-win situation.:)

trayi52
01-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I love that show!! I watch it whenever I can. It is so great!

Willie

Karen
01-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I've never seen the show, but I am familiar with thr program, and I think it is a wonderful idea. As others have said, it's a win-win situation.

Freckles
03-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Just a reminder to watch this show, if you can. Recently two Ohio prisons with dog training programs were documented.

And don't think if you've seen one program, you've seen them all. Last program used an agility course throughout the cell block as their training tool.

Rottieluver45
03-15-2004, 09:40 AM
I love that shw. It shows the nice side of inmates!

It`s fun to see them training them and handeling them.

dukedogsmom
03-15-2004, 09:44 AM
I like this show, too. Helps me put some inmates in a different perspective. Hopefully it makes them think about what they've done and how it affected people.

honor_fl
03-15-2004, 10:19 AM
We watch this show every week! I don't remember when it was, but the one that impressed me most was where all the inmates training the dogs were convicted for VERY serious crimes (murder or attempted murder). I was so impressed with the humanity that these dogs brought out in them. And these dogs were handfuls, all with horrible behavior that needed intense training.

Of course, I kept on looking at greta and cassius wondering if we need to send them to jail for a bit to get them to behave!! You think that threat will work??? LOL

Logan
03-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I have watched it once, Amy, and I sat there and cried as the one inmate sent his "girl" (A GSD) off to her forever home with a loving family. This is good therapy for those inmates and certainly a better life for these dogs than what they faced without this program. :)

Logan

anna_66
03-15-2004, 08:28 PM
I've seen the preview for it, but I've never gotten to watch. Looks like a great show.

Rachel
03-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Good show, I've run up on it a couple times recently. It seems as if the Ohio facility has a very good set up with nice space for the agility course and everything.

ramanth
03-18-2004, 12:26 PM
I watch it when I can. Great show! :)