PDA

View Full Version : My baby Scooter

rg_girlca
01-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Rest in Peace sweetie.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p8013e2db4896edba17a2303e8cbeacdc/fae8c331.jpg
We got Scooter from a foster home in Sept. 2001, when he was 7 months old. He adjusted well to his new home and was a real sweetie pie. He loved to sit on my shoulders, whether I was doing the dishes, putting away groceries or just coming in from work. He just had to be on my shoulders. He was a real lovebug.
To make a long story short, we didn't realize he was sick until we brought him to the vet to check out why he had such bad breath and why his whole mouth was a brilliant red. After numerous trips to the vet, blood test done, teeth cleaning, different antibiotics, we were told they was nothing more we could do as he had a severe bacterial infection that had spread to his other organs and he was getting worse. So to ease his suffering, we made the heartwrenching decision to have him put to sleep at the young age of 12 months, Feb. 2002.
Even though we only had Scooter for a short time, he is sadly missed and will be forever in our hearts.

slick
01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
What a sweetie Scooter is and that's such a lovely tribute. RIP Scooter. You were taken very young but God must have had an alternate plan for you. By now I guess you have met up with OJ and Casper and you are all playing hard and have met lots of other friends.

One last thing Scooter, please watch over your Meowmie for us.

kuhio98
01-24-2004, 08:49 PM
RIP sweet Scooter.
Thank you for posting this. Cammie Cat has really bad breath. I will take a look at the color of her mouth and see if it is red. I know it probably doesn't make the pain easier, but who knows how many kitties might have a happier outcome because you shared Scooter's story.

rg_girlca
01-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Thank you Slick and Kuhio for your kind words.

bisi.cat
01-25-2004, 02:11 AM
I am sure he's greatly missed, but will live on in your heart forever.
What a funny boy Scooter was and I am sure you'll always remember his kitten kapers and wonderful character...it's so hard to let go, even if it was only a short time he'd spent with you...

catmandu
02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
he same thiing that happened to Scooter , happened to my John Hancock , the Balinese 4 year old. Only the infection had not spread to his organs m, just his teeth , which all fell out , except 2. And I almost didnt get him to the vets , I am glad that I made the second effort , as John , would havd passed on , too. Our condolences to poor Scooter , as one year old is way too young , to go to the Rainbow Bridge! Catmandu and Cats.:( :( :( :( :( :(

rg_girlca
02-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Thank you Gary and Found Cats for your kind words and meows.

kimlovescats
02-21-2004, 12:31 AM
What a beautiful tribute to beautiful Scooter! He was blessed to have such a loving home, and you can tell in this picture that he KNEW he was a lucky guy! Thank you for showing Scooter love and giving him a peaceful passage to the Bridge!;)

pitbullmommy
02-21-2004, 08:18 AM
what a beautiful baby. im sorry you lost him at such a young age and you and scooter are in my prayers. hopefully he meets cupcake in the RB they seem like they would get along.

rip Miss Cupcake and Mr scooter:(

Killearn Kitties
02-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Scooter was beautiful. What a sad sad story.
Rest in peace sweet Scooter.

Lorraine
02-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear about Scooter's short time with you. he sounds like a sweet boy, and was very handsome. Rest in peace, little boy.