PDA

View Full Version : Monty died today

nsweezie
01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
My sister's dear old cat Monty died today. He was about 15 years old, but his death took us all by surprise. He hadn't been sick at all, but this morning when I went to wake him he was dead.
Monty was a shelter cat, and from the moment my sister and I saw him we knew he was the cat for us. He was the most kindhearted of any cat we've ever owned, there wasn't a mean bone in his body and one of his favorite things to do was look after our other cats.
Monty was also a very handsome cat, he was a pale orange with eyes the same colour as his fur. He always reminded me of a lion, as he had a fantastic ruff of fur around his head.
He will be missed by the other cats, Mac and Zoey, who belong to my sister, and Scooter, Clyde, Freya and Odin, who are my cats. The strange thing is that Odin has only been with us for a few weeks but he was very fond of Monty.
I guess I am just very sad right now, I miss Monty's kind face and even though I know he is at the RB I'm so sad that I won't have him around with me here.
:(

slick
01-24-2004, 05:34 PM
That's so sad. RIP Monty and I just know you are having fun at the RB, romping, playing and making lots of friends.

Do you happen to have a picture you could post?

CatDad
01-24-2004, 07:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Monty. He sounded like he was a kitty to be treasured and will be missed by many.

RIP Monty, have a safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge, where all of ours will be waiting to welcome you and play.

Pam
01-24-2004, 07:13 PM
:( :( :( I would like to see a photo of Monty too if you have one. It sounds like his passing was a gentle one, like maybe he just drifted off to sleep and woke up at the RB. ((((Hugs to you and your sister))))

Karen
01-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Rest in peace, Monty. maybe you'll meet up with Lucas, another new arrival there at the Rainbow Bridge, and you two could pal around together.

rg_girlca
01-24-2004, 08:07 PM
My sympathies are with you and your sister on the loss of precious Monty. He sounded like a real treasure.
May his loving memories comfort you both and help you both overcome the pain.
He had 15 good years, knowing he was well loved.

Rest in Peace Monty

bisi.cat
01-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Rest in peace dear Monty...
You've sounded like a very handsome and gentle cat and I am at least glad that your passing doesn't meant severe pains and a long time of ailment to you...you've left life like you've always been yourself: gentle!

Randi
01-25-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear that sweet Monty has passed. :( He sounded like a wonderful companion through all these years. I hope it's a little comfort that he didn't suffer.

Monty, you will always be remembered! Rest in Peace!

nsweezie
01-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Thank you so much for all the kind words, it really does help to know that people here understand how sad we are today. Monty has been in my life for 15 years, half my life, and I just wished that he could have been around longer. But, he did have a happy life and he made us very happy too.
I spoke with Monty's vet, and she thought that Monty probably just stopped breathing in his sleep and that he didn't suffer at all.
I've attached a picture of Monty, he never liked having his picture taken and rarely ever looked at the camera. This is one that my father enhanced with Photoshop to make it look like a painting.

lizbud
01-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Rest in Peace sweet Monty.

Monty was a beautiful kitty with a gentle soul to match.
I'm sure he is sadly missed. :( I'm glad he didn't suffer
in his passing.

ChrisH
01-25-2004, 02:46 PM
I am sorry to hear about Monty. :( That is a lovely picture of him, he certainly was a very handsome boy.

Rest in peace sweet Monty.

jazzcat
01-25-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Monty.

krazyaboutkatz
01-25-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Monty's passing.:( He sure was a handsome guy and sounded like a real sweetheart too. I'm glad that you had 15 great years with him and that he didn't suffer. RIP sweet Monty and say hi to my Pepper for me.

Stellar
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
I am sorry to read Monty has died. I am sure he knew he
was loved. I have 3 wonderful cats and a lovely young dog.
Stellar the big boy cat rules the house. He loves to lay on
his back and look around at the world upside down.
He is very kind and hugs my neck everyday.
He was rescued
from a dumpster with his sleek sister Mabel. They are the happy
parents of Penny. All of them are all black. Stellar is long haired and has a mane around his neck. They all get their nails clipped weekly and bathed 4-5 times a year.

Good luck to you and the rest of your cats.

ramanth
01-27-2004, 10:09 AM
So sorry to hear about Monty. :( RIP sweet one.

Killearn Kitties
01-27-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost your sweet Monty. He sounded an absolute treasure, and wasn't he a handsome boy?

Just to sleep away is a painless way to go, but it is certainly a shock for those left behind.

Rest in peace gentle Monty.

Julie Grove
01-27-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm so sorry about Monty. He went in the best way possible - just fell asleep - what more could we ask.

lynnestankard
01-27-2004, 12:42 PM
So sorry to hear that Monty has died. RIP Furboy and play well at RB.

Lynne

nsweezie
01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Thank you so much to everyone for the kind thoughts. It has made SUCH a difference knowing that there are people out there who understand how sad I am today.
My sister and I had a 'memorial service' today. We sat around and remembered stories of Monty and looked at his pictures. It actually helped a lot to remember the great things about him.

slick
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Just remember Monty is not far away. He is watching your every move and I'm sure was purring with delight during the memorial service. Hugs to you and your sister.

Hoozdat
01-29-2004, 11:52 AM
I can not express my sadness I feel to hear your precious kitty has gone.

You have the memories of love that was shared and will be carried on.

Karen Brennan
02-01-2004, 09:10 AM
It's so hard to lose a friend you have had for so long. My heart goes out to you. Your gave him a great life, that's all that they ask and it's the best your could have done. God Bless Monty AND his wonderful family!

KB

catmandu
02-06-2004, 08:48 AM
That is sad news about the passing of Monty , and condolences from the Found Cats Hotel. But the wonderful thing isatht he passed on , not as a stray , but a beloved pet , and I am sure that he was so very lucky to have you as his Guardians.