PDA

View Full Version : The 80 lb. lap puppy! :)

Christiansmommy
01-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Dale is small for a Swissie (and isn't full grown yet), but none the less, he is a heavy 80 lbs. of dog when sitting in your lap!! Please excuse me, i just woke up from a nap, and i am wearing big sweatpants :rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p9c1dbcf08df650556b00fce11170c9b5/f9d6f1e4.jpg

Post pics of you and your big lap doggie!! :)

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2004, 04:16 PM
What a cutie Dale is!!! I love seeing new pictures of him :)

I'll have to have Ralph taking a picture of Cincy and me later. She weighs 75lb and is not shy at all about jumping up into my lap!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-24-2004, 04:25 PM
CUUUTE! :D
I'll have my sister take a picure of me and Molly later...70 pounds of Collie on your lap! ;)

clara4457
01-24-2004, 04:31 PM
How cute - you know I was starting to get Dale picture withdrawl :)

Christiansmommy
01-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by clara4457
How cute - you know I was starting to get Dale picture withdrawl :)

HAHA!! :) Dale is blushing ;)

Maybe i can dig up some more...although, i think my mom just started a new thread with pics of Dale too...just recently...

mugsy
01-24-2004, 04:52 PM
What a great shot. I know what you are going through. Jazzy and Daisy seem to think they are lap dogs too and Jazzy weighs 140 pounds and the last time Daisy was weighed, she was 135 and I think she's gained too. Somewhere around here, we have a picture of Jazzy laying on me and Daisy sleeps on TOP of Mike at night!

Dale is an absolute doll!! But you guys know how I am with big dogs!!

jenfer
01-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Dale is so cute. :)

K9soul
01-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh how cute! Tasha's not a lap sitter, though she likes to lay curled up right next to me.. But Tommy however is a different story. As soon as I sit on the floor, he backs up and plants his big hind end in my lap. Kinda tough to get a picture at that point but I'll have to try to get David to try to get a shot of us :D

Lady's Human
01-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I wish I had a digital copy of a pic that my mother took while my wife and I were dating. We were at my parents' house for dinner, and Brunhilde, then a 1 y/o St Bernard, decided that if Jen and I were going to take up her couch, then she'd just use us as her couch. Ever since then Jen and I have referred to Brunie as our "Laps" dog.

RobiLee
01-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Love it, love it, love it!!! You guys are beautiful. Put a big ol smile on my face. Dale is huge :eek: I can't believe he is small for a Swissie. He certainly has passed Katie up...hehehe. She seems to be holding at 73 pounds for right now. I don't have a pic of Katie sitting on my lap, but I do have the one that I posted before of her and Alden. I'll post it again.

Quit keeping Dale all to yourself and share more pics of him please ;) You know I love that boy!

Robin :)

wolf_Q
01-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Cute!! :D

Here's my 57 lb lap dog...well, he's kinda in my lap..;)

kimlovescats
01-24-2004, 10:35 PM
What a big lovable lap-full of Dale!!!! :D

BCBlondie
01-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Aww!! I knew your dog was a Greater Swiss Mt. Dog when I saw him in your sig! :D Where did you get him? They're pretty rare here in California (at least in my area). They used to be one of my favorite dogs though!! I heard they're wonderful and sweet dogs, don't drool much because of this thing in their mouth, and that they're gentle and stuff. :) Great pic, btw!!:D

Christiansmommy
01-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Aww!! I knew your dog was a Greater Swiss Mt. Dog when I saw him in your sig! :D Where did you get him? They're pretty rare here in California (at least in my area). They used to be one of my favorite dogs though!! I heard they're wonderful and sweet dogs, don't drool much because of this thing in their mouth, and that they're gentle and stuff. :) Great pic, btw!!:D

Yeah, they are rare here too (and have only been recognized by the AKC for the past 10 years). I live in Jersey, and we went to North Carolina to pick him up from a great breeder. Dale's grandfather was actually an import from Switzerland. And some of his relatives have been to Westminster. We researched this breed a lot prior to thinking about getting one.

They are considered a dry mouth breed, due to the fluves (sp?), in their mouth arent developed. He doesn't drool. They are great with kids and are very laid back dog. Dale is still in puppyhood...so he still acts like a big puppy right now, but once he is mature, he will be a great dog for our son to grow up with. (not that he isnt now, he is just going through those puppy years right now, and has a mind of a puppy ;)...he will be going to obedience school next month...so we are looking forward to that)...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Robyn

primabella
01-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Great picture Robyn!! :D Dale is adorable.

shais_mom
01-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Adorable!!!

wolfsoul
01-25-2004, 05:23 PM
This was Timber and I last summer. 64 pounds of lap dog!