PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused??

K & L
01-24-2004, 07:31 AM
I first posted we were having a vomiting epidemic. Then I posted Bo wouldn't quit throwing up, and thought maybe it wasn't an epidemic, but just Bo. Bo was in bed with us this morning and I heard a cat either vomiting or passing a hairball. I get up, and sure enough more vomit!! So, it isn't all just Bo. Now I'm confused wondering if there really is something going on and that was Bo's problem after all. We stopped her antibiotics and so far this morning no vomiting from her. We haven't changed foods, litter brands, or been giving them any table scraps, so I don't know what to think now?????????

NoahsMommy
01-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Poor thing. :( Could Bo have eaten something?

moosmom
01-24-2004, 01:46 PM
K&L,

What kind of antibiotics was Bo on?? My vet told me that Clavamox can cause an upset tummy and vomiting.

Catsnclay
01-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I have no idea if this is possible, but could one kitty have a cold or flu (or something similar in kitty medical terms) and be passing it around to all the others?

Just a thought..........

CatDad
01-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Hhhmmmm, a mystery.

Is it all of them, or can you tell? It could be a virus or something. I am sure that you have a cat friendly house. However, could they have gotten into something?

Just a couple of guesses.

Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry you have all the messes to clean up.

K & L
01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
K&L,

What kind of antibiotics was Bo on?? My vet told me that Clavamox can cause an upset tummy and vomiting.

Bo's been on Baytril. They did say this antibiotic could cause vomiting or diarhea. Kevin found some more vomit today, but we don't know who it was from.

K & L
01-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Hhhmmmm, a mystery.

Is it all of them, or can you tell? It could be a virus or something. I am sure that you have a cat friendly house. However, could they have gotten into something?

Just a couple of guesses.

Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry you have all the messes to clean up.

Between the house being cat friendly and granddaughter proof, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could've gotten into. We have no live plants, we don't feed table food to them, and we give them mainly dry food. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon, or it will just subside.

kimlovescats
01-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Bless your heart Lisa, and their tummies!!! Prayers that this will all be over soon with no complications!!!

***HUGS***;)