PDA

View Full Version : Buddy & Sierra Are GONE!!!!!!!!

pitc9
01-24-2004, 06:47 AM
The ground has frozed so much that it has raised the sidewalk by the gate to our yard, and the gate wasn't latched all the way, and they got out at 4:00 on Friday and they are still gone.

Please pray for them that they are safe and that I will find them today!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

I had friends and family out looking yesterday and I'm on my out out again now.

Please pray for them!
I don't want to go on with out them!
They are my life!
Please help me..........

Smilla
01-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Oh dear! :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Buddy and Sierra are found safe and sound.

Smilla
01-24-2004, 07:00 AM
You've probably already called the animal control officer of your town?

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Oh my gosh!!! How awful!!! I sure hope they come home soon.

If you can, print up flyers with their pictures ans desriptions and take them to any nearby shelters, animals control, etc, etc. Check back with them as often as you can and go in and look at the dogs too. Also go to local vets, anywhere that deals with animals.

When we found a tagless dog here, we called every animals orgainzation in the area and left out nameand muber justin case someone reported their dog missing. Sinceit was a weekend, we called the Emergency Animal clinic in case someone tried them after other vets closed...

We'll be praying for their safe return.

Pam
01-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Angie my heart is beating fast just reading this. I can imagine how you are feeling!!! Gosh I am hoping that Buddy and Sierra are somewhere that they are able to keep warm. You must be frantic! This happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. My gate was open and I didn't know it and Bella got out. Fortunately when I realized it, only 10 min. had gone and thank God she was still close to my house. Ripley amazingly came to my back door and never left the yard. I would do exactly as Cincy's Mom has said and we will all pray for Buddy and Sierra's safe and SOON return!!! Did they have their tags on? When Bella got out, neither of my dogs had their tags on as they had just been groomed. ((((((HUGS)))))) Please try and be calm. Lots of PTers will have you in their prayers today.

RobiLee
01-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Oh, Angie, this is awful. Please come home Buddy and Sierra! You will all be in my prayers today. Make sure someone is at home in case they come back on their own. I'm so worried. Please keep us posted.

Robin

betswase
01-24-2004, 08:52 AM
My heart stopped. Let us know as soon as you have word on them and/or find them! I will be thinking of you and your family until their safe return. Hopefully they are good at staying together, make it a little more noticable to the public that something is wrong! You have lots of prayers!

K9soul
01-24-2004, 09:36 AM
OMG Angie!! :( :( :(

I'm sending my deepest most heartfelt prayers to God that you find them both safe and sound soon. My heart is just racing after reading this, I'm so sick inside I wish I could go help look for them. Oh how you must feel. I'm in tears I feel so helpless and worried for you and your babies.

I'll be checking here and praying until you find them. I can only imagine how you must feel :( I'd be fit to be tied. :(

Rio and Me
01-24-2004, 09:37 AM
You are living our nightmare.
I'm sending prayers from this side of the world.
Good luck and i'm sure somone will find them,
Ky and Rio

ChrisH
01-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh, this so awful. :( Prayers and positive thoughts going out for their safe return.

Chris

primabella
01-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh my gosh! :( I will be praying for a safe return for Buddy and Sierra. :(:(:(

I hope they are safe!

dukedogsmom
01-24-2004, 09:50 AM
I would be sick with worry. Call all the shelters every day in your area. Are they microchipped? I would make tons of flyers(sp) and check with all your neighbors. I pray for their safe return. Please keep us updated.

Tonya
01-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh, Pitc...My heart hurts for you. I know that is the worst feeling. Buddy and Sierra are such wonderful dogs, I am sure someone has them in their backyard. I've had many times where I've found loose dogs and thought "These dogs are way to good to be strays...they are loved." Those kind of dogs, I refuse to drop off at the pound. I keep them until I find the owners. I'm sure a loving family is taking good care of them and looking for you. You'll be reunited soon! In the meantime, I'm praying for them...

JoH
01-24-2004, 10:17 AM
My God, this is a nightmare, Im feel so sorry for you.

If it makes you feel batter, i would like to say that everything's gon' be alright. Whatever it ends up with, time will heal every wound.

We will pray for you

JoH

DogLover9501
01-24-2004, 10:18 AM
omg :( I know how you must feel!

When we had a black lab, he got out, and it was also cold, but we did find him, the next day! So never give up:D

I will be hoping that they have a safe, soon return to home, and I also wish I could help search!

lovemyshiba
01-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Dear God~

Please send Buddy and Sierra safely home to their mommy. She is worried sick about them, please keep them safe until they journey home. Watch over them until they are safe in their mother's arms again.

Angie my heart is breaking reading this.
Gather up all the pictures you have of your precious babies, and go everywhere you can think of.
Hopefully some kind soul found them and kept them inside overnight, where they could stay warm.

I will be praying hard for their safe return.

slick
01-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh my gosh I sure hope they've taken refuge in someone's house. Praying for their safe return. This must be so heartbreaking for you but you must remain positive. Please keep us posted.

lizbud
01-24-2004, 11:22 AM
How awful. You must be frantic.:( If I lived closer, I too would
help you look for them. Sending prayers & positive vibes that
they both are found soon.

Tweety_Pie
01-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Im keeping Buddy and Sierra in my thoughts and prayers hoping they will come home safe. I hope you find them both really soon!

Moose
01-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Oh no! Angie, I'm so sorry! :eek::(

I'm sure you will find them, just give it time and don't give up. I know how awful it is to go through this...we had a similar experience when I was younger. :( I wish I could offer better advice, but I'm at a loss for words...I just feel so awful. :(

Dear God,
Please bring Buddy and Sierra home safe, and please bring them soon. Help her feel confident that they will return home, and let her know you are there to help. If possible, give her the strength to make it through this.

Please, please install some good into humanity and may the people of her community help her find her precious furids.

With all my praying power, this is what I wish.

Forever Amen,
Brooke and Moose

EssTer
01-24-2004, 11:40 AM
OMG!!! I ´m really sorry to hear it...

I will pray really hard for your doggies....

tatsxxx11
01-24-2004, 12:01 PM
OMG! Oh, Angie, oh no!!!!!:(:(:( Oh, I know how terrified you are; my girls got out once too:(

Dear God, please help these precious babies, Buddy and Sierra, find their way home. to their Mommy. She loves them so very much and is so worried for them. Please, please, keep them safe and warm until they are back in their Mommy's arms again... please God.

I haven't read through all the posts Angie...did they have their collars/tags on??? Call every place you can think of, all of your local animal shelters, the police, vet offices, neighbors. I'm sure you're doing that already. Oh Angie, I will be praying so hard that you find them soon. PLEASE, PLEASE, God, let them be ok.

RubyMutt
01-24-2004, 12:05 PM
:( How horrible. I'm so sorry!
They will be in my thoughts. I hope they make it safely home soon! :(

GoldenRetrLuver
01-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Oh my gosh! :(:(:(
They'll be in my thoughts...prayers on the way for you, Buddy and Sierra! Get home, guys! :(

pitc9
01-24-2004, 12:13 PM
OMG!! They've been found!!!

I have them here at home now, right where they belong!

I put flyers EVERYWHERE near me, and it was a flyer in the post office. A girl saw it today and told her mom those dogs were the dogs that were in there yard last night. The mom looked at it, and confirmed it!! They had been handing around a neighborhood about 2 miles from home. Everyone that saw them were afraid of them. All the little kids thought Sierra was a wolf!
So, they called me, and I went there, as I was pulling up the drive the lady says "There they are" and points to the edge of the woods, so I go running and calling there names, and they didn't come to me!! But I kept running through the woods and calling and calling and my Aunt was standing my her car, and say them comming out of the woods, and started calling them, and I couldn't see them at first, and thought she was just calling them to call them, but then............ I saw them.......... I almost fainted.... I called there names, they looked at me and didn't move. I couldn't belive it! They were so scared that they wouldn'e even come to ME??? But I then dropped to my knees in the snow and with my arms wide open called them, and Buddy cocked his head once, and then it was like a light bulb went off and he cam running to me, plowed me over into the snow and wouldn't stop kissing me. Then I look and Sierra still dod not come to me, she now had her ears back and tail tucked beacuse she thought she was in trouble, but she came up to me and I haven't let go since!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS!!!!!!!

I am so glad they are homenow, wrapped in blankets, I gave them a little food and water, and they can't keep there eyes open now!

There feet all look fine, Buddy was limping a little on the foot he put through the glass a little while ago. But all in all, they are FINE!
I did not sleep last night..... all I could think about was them being cold!! There is about 1 foot of snow on the ground and the low last night was 9!!!!!! The wind chill has been below zero the past few days!!!!!!!

Here is what they are doing right now:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pc854037624738e45ef53fc2a2e927c5e/f9d77af7.jpg

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!
~Angie, Rick, Sierra & Buddy

Moose
01-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm so glad you found them and they are home safely. Thank goodness that little girl saw your flyer! :)

Welcome back Buddy and Sierra. :)

dukedogsmom
01-24-2004, 12:17 PM
That is so great!!!!!!! I had made this sig that I was going to use until they were found. I just got it done. Isn't it wonderful what prayers can do? I'm so thankful!:D
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/buddysierra.jpg

GoldenRetrLuver
01-24-2004, 12:17 PM
YAY! :D:D I'm glad they're home safe!

lovemyshiba
01-24-2004, 12:18 PM
THANK GOD!!!!!!

I am so glad your precious babies have returned--they think they just had a great adventure, I"m sure!!
It made it so much easier that they stayed together too--what wonderful siblings!!!!

I'm so happy they are home, and fine.

Give them a big hug and kiss from me!!!!!

K9soul
01-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Oh I'm just so extremely thankful and relieved to see this Angie. Oh I was so frightened and worried. I couldn't stop thinking about you and the pups this morning. I just felt so awful for you and kept checking here hoping to see that they were home and okay.

Oh thank you God for looking after the babies and for helping them get home. Bless that girl who saw the flyer and said something.

***HUGS***

I'm so very very happy this has a happy ending, I can't tell you how much I felt your pain across the miles.

wolf_Q
01-24-2004, 12:28 PM
I didn't see this thread until I noticed Dukedogsmom's sig! I'm so glad they've been found now!! What an awful ordeal!!

ChrisH
01-24-2004, 12:29 PM
That is so wonderful!!:) :) :)

Thank you Lord.:D

Hugs to Sierra, Buddy, and you. :)

tatsxxx11
01-24-2004, 12:29 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME BUDDY AND SIERRA!!!

Oh, Angie, that is the BEST news!!!!!!! I haven't read the details yet, just had to say how happy I am for you and Buddy and Sierra!!!:D:D:D

RobiLee
01-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Yay! I am so happy to read this. I have been worried and have checked in several times. Geesh, I'm so relieved. I can only imagine how you must feel! Give the pups lots of hugs from me and Katie.

Robin :)

mugsy
01-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Angie,

I just saw this. I am so glad they are home safe and warm. I am also really glad that they stayed together and that there were some alert neighbors. God was smiling on them.

Foam
01-24-2004, 12:42 PM
YYYAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! :D Welcome home, kids! You gave us all QUITE a scare. :eek:

DogLover9501
01-24-2004, 12:47 PM
:D :D :D Yay, thank god they are home safe and sound!! Welcome home!

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2004, 12:50 PM
I've been chackingback all day, hoping to see that Buddy and Sierra were home safe...and now they are!!! Thank doG!!!! I'm so happy and relieved for you Angie!!! What a horrible scare!!!

Give the pups huge hugs from us (and a gentle warning to never scare us all like that again!!)

lizbud
01-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh, I am so relieved that you have Buddy & Sierra back
home where they belong.:) Thank you Lord for looking after
them. They must have been so scared & confused after the
initial thrill of running around wore off.:(

You know, what you said about people being afraid to get to
close to them when they were wandering around, that was my
biggest fear with my Buddy if he were ever lost. But the one time
my gate came open, he stood at the gate & barked his head off
till I came outside and saw him.:D Since then I always keep both
the yard gates locked with a chain & padlock. I have to carry an
extra key on my chain, but the peace of mind is priceless.:)

Welcome home sweeties.:)

Tweety_Pie
01-24-2004, 01:37 PM
I AM SO GLAD THEY ARE HOME!!!!!:D

4 Dog Mother
01-24-2004, 01:47 PM
I just read this post - Christy's AOL keeps kicking me off the internet so I haven't got to do much posting. Anyway I am glad Sierra and Buddy are home and safe. I can't imagine mine staying together - they would have headed in all different directions. How lucky it was they stayed together!

primabella
01-24-2004, 01:48 PM
What wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you Angie! :D

Amber
01-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Thankyou God for Bringing them home!:D

Pam
01-24-2004, 02:06 PM
What wonderful news!!!!!!! I have been out of the house and not near my computer so I just got to check back in now. This is wonderful news and I am so glad they stayed together!!!! I am getting the most beautiful mental picture of your reunion in the snow!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!! Is there a way that you can lock your gate? Ours had a lock but I never used it but now I do!! :)

EssTer
01-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I´m reallllllly glad, they´re home :) Thanx God :D

Uabassoon
01-24-2004, 02:31 PM
I just read this thread I was freaking out when I read that they were missing, and then when I kept reading I was so happy to hear that they are home safely now. I'm so happy for you that they returned safely home.

cali
01-24-2004, 02:42 PM
yay thank goodness there home! :D and I will tell perky to have a chat with them about staying in the yard ;)

captain
01-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Angie,

Thank goodness!!!!!!
I only came into the thread late, but my heart was in my mouth as I read all the way through.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Tonya
01-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I am so glad that you found them!

shais_mom
01-24-2004, 06:50 PM
OMG Angie!! My heart stopped when I read your first post!!!!
Thank God they are back safely!!!

delidog
01-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh Angie,
I just came on for the first time today...and My Heart Stopped when I saw this!!!!!
Thank Dog They are Home SAFE!!!!!!!
Poor Babies!!!!!
They're just as glad to see you I'll bet!!!!!
I'll bet that nasty fence is fixed already!!!!!

{{{{{{{ Hugs & Treats}}}}}}}
Nicole

Karen
01-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Thank goodness! The flyers did the trick, and thank goodness they finally came running and are home safe and relatively sound!

Smilla
01-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Yes!!!!

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is back at home safe and sound. You must be exhausted. Get some rest, and give the pups a kiss for me. :)

Albea
01-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Oh, Angie, that's such great news! I only saw your post right now ( I haven't been here much lately) Sometimes I think it's better for me to read the posts late if it means I get the "happy tails" ending of a story that would have made me sick with worry if I had read it earlier. Buddy and Sierra must have been very scared and cold, poor babies. But they are home safe and warm now, with their loving family. It's wonderful!!!

anna_66
01-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I was so scared when I seen this thread:( but I'm happy now that I see that they are back home with you where they belong. I would have been going out of my mind if I were you.
Give them both big hugs and kisses from me!!!!!!!

pitc9
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh how glad I am that life has returned back to normal.

Yes, the gate was fixed the second Rick and I got home with them! The past few times I've left them out to go potty, I have gone outside and took with them, just watching them! I don't want them to be out of my eyesight for a SECOND!

We can't thank you all enough for your prayers!

I was not shocked at all that they stayed together! I would have been VERY shocked if they had not stayed together!!

Oh I just can't stop hugging them....Sierra has had about enough of me holding her, and kissing her!! SO WHAT!!!!!!!!
I'M GONNA HUG YOU AND KISS YOU ALLLLLL I WANT!
Buddy never minds a hug and kiss fest!!!!!

Ohh..... You should have seen the house at about 1:00 yesterday afternoon, Sierra passed out in front of the woodstove wrapped up in a blanket, Buddy sleeping by my chair, me.. asleep in my chair, and Rick asleep on the couch. Oh it was a wonderful nap let me tell you!! After a sleepless night on Friday..... Rick kept dreaming about finding them, he would get up, look in the yard, and go back to sleep, and do it again! I never fell asleep enough to dream!!!

But... all is well now! And we have all the PTers and God to thank for it!

Thank you all again!!

CountryWolf07
01-25-2004, 11:36 AM
My heart stopped when I saw the title... and THANK goodness they're home!!

kimlovescats
01-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Thank GOD that Buddy and Sierra made it home safely! What a precious sight to see them back on their bed and cuddled up all warm and snug!!! :)

jenfer
01-25-2004, 05:09 PM
I am so glad your babies are found. Great news!! :)

Miss Meow
01-25-2004, 08:04 PM
I haven't been able to check the dog side for a couple of weeks. I'm so sorry I missed this thread, but very glad that you've been reunited with Buddy and Sierra. What a relief!

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2004, 08:06 PM
thank god they were found, i only just saw this thread!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I also just saw this thread! I am so glad that you found your babies!:)

G.P.girl
01-25-2004, 08:40 PM
I just saw this too! i'm glad you found your babies!:)

K9karen
01-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh Angie! I'm so glad for the happy ending! I know you were freaking out!
I leaned that Klo was a great escape artist after I adopted her. Slipped right through the front door 2x in one day! I thought I'd have a heart attack as I never collared my dogs in the house..
That changed fast! Thank God my suspicions were correct. She ran to the school yard up the street to the "squirrel trees"! And came both times when I called her, another shock! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!
Let's pray for an early spring (we're getting your snow now) so our gates and doors stop raising off the ground! :mad:
Keep the Love Fest going!!!!

Logan
01-26-2004, 04:47 AM
This is the worst, then best, news!!!!!! :confused: I'm so very happy that they are at home where they belong. I would have just died, I think. I hope you have caught up on your sleep now, Angie, the precious pups too!!!

Logan

ramanth
01-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Andy's computer is on the fritz, so I just saw this... I'm SOOOO Happy that they are home!! :D Hugs to the silly pups!

Christiansmommy
01-26-2004, 10:06 AM
I just noticed your signature in another thread...and went searching to find out what happened...thank God they a re found! It is no coinsidence that the little girl saw that picture on the wall...the very fact that she was in that post office and had seen your dogs was definately a work of God!! He placed her there for you!! That is so great they are safe and warm in their home!! God has a way of working everything out!!

Linda York
01-26-2004, 11:19 AM
:D :D GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! :D :D I just finished reading your whole thread, I started off with a sad heart and tears in my eyes but the around the third page "BAM" I read the GREAT NEWS!!!
Wonderful ending, wonderful news! You found your babies. I couldn't be happier for you. I am so sorry that you had to go thru this and feel so very bad and alone. How great you must be feeling today!! I love this quote from lovemyshiba:
"THANK GOD!!!!!! I am so glad your precious babies have returned--they think they just had a great adventure, I"m sure!! It made it so much easier that they stayed together too--what wonderful siblings!!!! I'm so happy they are home, and fine. Give them a big hug and kiss from me"!!!!!

Perfectly said. I love happy endings!!!!!!

:D

JoH
01-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Im so happy for you pitc. Thank God for this happy ending

stacwase
01-26-2004, 03:01 PM
OH~ Thank God they were found! I've been gone a few days and only just saw the message. I'm so glad you found them!

jazzcat
01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
I just now saw this thread and my heart sank until I saw your sig and figured out they were back. Thank goodness! I'm so happy for you.