PDA

View Full Version : Lucas

Karen
01-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Lucas,
the second ever Pet of the Day (http://petoftheday.com/archive/1997/September/02.html) went to the Rainbow Bridge today. He was about 14 (his age on his page was off, the vets changed his estimated age afterwards) and was barely alive when my sister-in-law came home. She knew it was "time,' and called my Dad to bring Lucas to the vet. She explained to her daughter (my niece), who is 2 1/2, that Lucas was gonna go to sleep now, so Marylin read him a bedtime story before grandpa took him bye-bye. The vet said Lucas had a large tumor (golfball size), and there really nothing that could be done at that point, Lucas was too far gone. He had never complained, and was a pretty demonstrative kitty about all things that hurt (my brother has the scars to prove it), so we're pretty sure he wasn't in any pain.

Lucas was a sweetheart of a cat, big, extra soft fur, with green eyes. He was in the habit of perching on their headboard and watching my brother sleep when Fred was working nights. So Fred would open his eyes to see these green eyes staring at him from within a cloud of black. That said, Lucas was the least neurotic of their three cats, and the only one that I patted (the other two are shy of "strangers" so hide), a big, sweet, burly guy.

Play nice at the Rainbow Bridge, Lucas. We'll miss you.

jenluckenbach
01-23-2004, 07:04 PM
RIP dear Lucas. Your family will miss you, but you can watch over them from the RB.

Lady's Human
01-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Karen, thank you. I couldn't have put it better. Bud, Lady, Pippen and Trill will all miss you.

slick
01-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Dear sweet Lucas, I never knew you but Karen's words have made me love you. You were privileged enough to have a loving home and I know you are watching over them. Look up Casper and OJ; they'd love to be your friends. Hugs to the family Karen.

kuhio98
01-23-2004, 07:27 PM
RIP in Lucas. Until we meet again.

lizbud
01-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Goodnight & very best Rainbow dreams sweet Lucas.

Please convey my deepest sympathy to your Brother, his wife
and baby daughter. I will keep them in my thoughts & prayers.
{{ Hugs}} Liz.

carole
01-23-2004, 08:46 PM
What a lovely tribute to Lucas Karen, R.I.P Dear one, and there surely are Rainbows to catch at RB, well I believe there are anyhow, so Lucas you will have fun.

My sincere sympathy to everyone who loved Lucas.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2004, 10:20 PM
RIP dear Lucas. I can tell you were greatly loved while here and will be terribly missed. :(

RedHedd
01-24-2004, 12:08 PM
RIP sweet Lucas. Sounds like you've had a good long life and now it's time to take the walk over the bridge. Play hard and be pain free at the Rainbow Bridge. Say hi to my RBGoldie - you two are about the same age.

BastetsMum
01-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Run Free and play hard on Rainbow Bridge Lucas.

rg_girlca
01-24-2004, 08:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister-in-laws cat Lucas.
It is always difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear.
Rest in Peace sweet Lucas and have fun at Rainbow Bridge.

bisi.cat
01-25-2004, 02:05 AM
What a wonderful tribute.
RIP little Lucas and play hard at RB...

Randi
01-25-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Lucas has passed, but glad he had many wonderful years with his family.

Lucas, you were loved so much and will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace, sweet boy! :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lucas's passing.:( He sure was a handsome cat and reminds me a little bit of my Pepper. RIP sweet Lucas and say hi to Pepper for me.

ramanth
01-27-2004, 10:19 AM
RIP Lucas. You'll be missed. :(

Julie Grove
01-27-2004, 11:23 AM
My best wishes to you and your family on losing Lucas. He was clearly much loved.

Barbara
01-29-2004, 05:54 AM
RIP sweet Lucas. Though I prefer to see you at Rainbow Bridge waiting for the humans who loved you:)

Hoozdat
01-29-2004, 11:42 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family.