PDA

View Full Version : Yikes...

GoldenRetrLuver
01-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Okay, so here's the story.

I was on the bus, coming back from school. I got off and waited for my dad to pick me up. I waited for around 10 minutes, so I decided I would just walk home. (it's only a couple minutes to walk) Then, I see my dad on the other side of the street waving at me. So, I go over there and I see that a car crashed into the curb, along with fire trucks and an ambulance. There were a bunch of people standing by it. My first reaction of course was, "OMG, what happened?!"

My dad told me that as he was driving to pick me up, he saw this lady driving EXTREMLY slow when it was a green light. People started honking at her, so my dad drove on the opposite side, and saw the lady in the car, with her head tilted back. He pulled over on the side of the rode, and then the lady's head was GONE! He runs over to the car, followed by another guy and finds the woman having muscle spasms and foaming at the mouth. Seizure. She had a little boy in the front seat with her, that looked about 8 years old, he was screaming, crying, and pancing. The woman's foot was still on the gas pedal, so the car started speeding up. My dad was shouting at the other guy to push her into the curb with him, so she wouldn't crash into traffic. He would have reached for the keys, but like I said, she was having spasms. So she hit the curb, along with the fire hydrant but it didn't break open. That was when my dad rushed over to the driver's side and put the seat back, and made sure the lady wasn't choking on her tougue. The other guy called the ambulance.

So the fire trucks, ambulance, and the police arrived. They did everything to make sure the lady and the little boy were OK. The kid was fine, just very scared. The lady became concious and was put in the ambulance to be taken to the hospital.

As my dad was telling me this, all I could do was ":eek::eek::eek: ". Thank God he was there...otherwise who knows what would have happened. I guess he was just at the right place, at the right time. I just hope the woman and her child are okay...

Lixx
01-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh My God! Thank goodness you dad was there to do something, it could've been so much worse!

Tweety_Pie
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
:eek:OMG! :eek: That must have been so scarey! Thank god your dad and otheres were there!!!

catland
01-23-2004, 06:53 PM
OMG - someone could have been killed. Your dad might have saved a life today. :eek:

popcornbird
01-23-2004, 06:54 PM
:eek:OMG!:eek:

How frightening! I'm so glad your dad was there and did all he could! Hoping the lady and her child will be alright!

G.P.girl
01-23-2004, 07:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG! i hope they are both ok! good thing your dad was there!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah...he's so modest too. "I didn't do THAT much". :p Haha, I love my daddy. :D;)

Uabassoon
01-23-2004, 07:50 PM
OMG that sounds so scary. You should be very proud that your dad is a hero :)

CatDad
01-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Now that does sound scary, and will makes quite the story.

Congratulations to your Dad, the world needs more peole like him.

primabella
01-23-2004, 08:31 PM
:eek: I freaked when I read that her head was gone. What did you mean by that anyways?

How scary that must have been for that young boy! Thank God your father was their to help. That was so heroic of him. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by primabella
:eek: I freaked when I read that her head was gone. What did you mean by that anyways?

Maybe I should have said it better, but that's how he explained it lol. I meant her head was gone from his view, like he couldn't see it through the car window. So, she must have been laying down, or she was slouched over.

CamCamPup33
01-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh thats so sad! :( I hope shes okay! (Lmao, Liana i did the same thing, im like to julie "OMG her head was GONE?!") Good job dad! ;) :p

*LabLoverKEB*
01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
I also freaked out when I read that her head was gone!
But OMG!!! :eek: :eek: What would have happened if your dad wasen't there?? Your father is a hero! You should be so proud of him! He might of saved a lif, or maybe even 2 lives today!:)

catnapper
01-23-2004, 09:44 PM
So how does it fel to have a hero as a dad? Bravo!!!!

primabella
01-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Maybe I should have said it better, but that's how he explained it lol. I meant her head was gone from his view, like he couldn't see it through the car window. So, she must have been laying down, or she was slouched over.

Ahh okay. Thanks for explaining. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-24-2004, 01:46 AM
I am proud of him. :D
Another thing...the poor guy is sick too! :( He stayed home just to pick me up. Gotta love him. :)

bluekat
01-24-2004, 10:21 AM
:eek: omg, that's scary! I also freaked out when you said her head was gone! I thought you meant it was like chopped off or something:o
Good thing your dad was there, I would be proud of him too!:D and hope he gets better soon:)

lovemyshiba
01-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Wow Julie!!!
How scary!!!

Thank God your dad was there--he definitely safed some lives!! Not only did he help out the woman and her child, but he kept her from drifting into oncoming traffic, and who knows what could have happened!!

Give your dad a big hug--he is a wonderful person!!!