PDA

View Full Version : Captain Kangaroo has died.

Karen
01-23-2004, 05:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/23/obit.kangaroo/index.html

A sad day for all the children who grew up watching his show. He was always kind to animals, and a genuinely nice show for kids to watch. My big sister remembers the day Kennedy was shot (before I was born) because they interrupted Captain Kangaroo for the news.

Pam
01-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Gosh I am sorry to hear that. All of the "old timers" are dying. Once again I got my news from Pet Talk. I had not heard this yet on Tv.

RICHARD
01-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Wow,

Mr Rogers, Dr Seuss and now this....

faces from a kinder, gentler and black and white
age....

My favorite?

The bunny rabbit with the glasses....

CatDad
01-23-2004, 05:39 PM
That is so sad.:(

I grew up with Captain Kangaroo, I remember watching the show all the time.

EDIT:
Thanks you Jen, I was trying to remember that name. I always liked him.:)

jenluckenbach
01-23-2004, 05:46 PM
I loved captain kangaroo and mr. greenjeans too.

slick
01-23-2004, 05:51 PM
RIP Captain. You are fondly remembered.

I loved Mr. Green Jeans.

Cinder & Smoke
01-23-2004, 06:09 PM
:(

Good Job, Cap'n Kangaroo...

Rest In Peace,

You're Going to be Missed...

:(

RedHedd
01-23-2004, 06:53 PM
So sad. RIP Captain Kangaroo, you will be missed. I have such fond memories of watching the show with my brother and sister when we were little.

Mr. Greenjeans, Bunny Rabbit and Grandfather Clock will all miss you too. :(

All the good old-timers are dying off! Dr. Suess, Mr. Rogers, Ms. Nancy from Romper Room -- my desk partner (cell mate?) reminded me Mr. Greenjeans was gone too. Those were the days. Kids today have Spongebob Squarepants - but he's not a real person. We had REAL people back in the day ....

Felicia's Mom
01-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Very sad.:( Even though I was already full time in school, I enjoyed watching him on Saturdays & vacations.

leslie flenner
01-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Well, gee, I guess I thought he'd already passed, he must've been in his 90s anyway? Yes I loved mr moose, bunny rabbit, and the ping-pong balls and was freaked out by grandfather clock a bit (maybe because of the eyes that went side to side?), but liked the drawing board and kinda liked dancing bear but I could tell he was a person in a suit so it annoyed me. mr. greenjeans was ok but I always found him wimpy-ish (this is the thinking of a 5 year old!).
I liked the cartoons CK put on, the science kid with the big glasses... what was his name? and of course Bullwinkle and the canadian mountie (name?) and miss polly purebread, wonderdog! (I can do the theme to wonderdog still). Was Boo-boo and Cindy bear, and yogi on a different show?

moosmom
01-23-2004, 10:43 PM
I remember watching Captain Kangaroo when I was a child (MAAAANY moons ago). My favorite was Dancing Bear.

RIP Captain. You are a legend and your legacy will be fondly remembered.

amoore
01-24-2004, 09:09 AM
That is sad.:( I grew up with the Captain, and so did my daughter.

Slick, I loved Mr Green jeans too. My daughter loved Dancing Bear. When she was little we would laugh together about that funny bear! :D

dukedogsmom
01-24-2004, 12:03 PM
So sad to hear this. I loved watching his show as I grew up. And the moose with the ping pong balls. That always cracked me up. And the rabbit with the glasses. I thought he was so cute. We'll miss you Captain Kangaroo!