PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer shoots family dog....

slick
01-23-2004, 01:29 PM
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.asp?id=0B172C4C-602E-428B-BDC1-1A1632DBD78A

So very sad :(

lovemyshiba
01-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Disgusting.

That story made me cry.

:( :( :( :( :(

I feel so bad for this family, and I hope that dear Tommy may Rest In Peace.

katienoonan
01-23-2004, 02:00 PM
The officer said that it was dark and he couldn't see that he had a chain on. That's why police officers have flashlights on their belts. What a terrible tragedy! I feel for the family.

Kiia
01-23-2004, 02:45 PM
This made my heart sink,

"We heard the dog bark two or three times and then at the same time a 'Bang,'" Harbans said.

:( how sad, how very, very sad. I feel so bad for the family. True what katienoonan said, that's why they have flashlights on their belts.

binka_nugget
01-23-2004, 09:09 PM
:mad: Disgusting.

G.P.girl
01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: GRrrrrrr......

clara4457
01-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Okay - I am going to play devils advocate here - why was a beloved pet CHAINED????

Would anyone here leave their beloved pet chained up in the yard at night?

Yes - it is very sad for the dog - but I think there is more to this story than meets the eye (or the news article).

wolfsoul
01-24-2004, 12:29 AM
I heard about this on the news. :( On the news though, the owners said that there was a Beware Of Dog sign, but that it seemed to have been removed. The police officers deny taking it or even seeing it.

binka_nugget
01-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by clara4457
Okay - I am going to play devils advocate here - why was a beloved pet CHAINED????

Would anyone here leave their beloved pet chained up in the yard at night?

Yes - it is very sad for the dog - but I think there is more to this story than meets the eye (or the news article).

That's exactly what my mom said when I brought it up. She asked why a family pet would be chained outside if it was so loved. I feel horrible for the dog but no beloved family member would be left chained outside in the dark by itself. Both, the dog being shot and the dog being chained outside disgust me. :mad:

lbaker
01-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I have a large fenced back yard and my six (used to be 7) have always had full range with not chains. BUT, there is an excape artist among them and sometime we put a long (untangable) chain on him as a "time out". Not for long, and not over night and not in the unfenced front yard. Why did not the officer try calling first? Or shine a light into the front window to announce his presence? Was the visitor in the house so horrible they had to bust in? More info needed here to get the full story :( :mad:

dukedogsmom
01-24-2004, 10:08 AM
I was wondering myself why the dog was chained up in a fenced in yard. I think there's more to the story, also. Poor dog. Wonder if the owner's removed the sign?

wolfsoul
01-24-2004, 02:40 PM
My friend's dog, Pedro, has to be chained up outside when he goes out because he knows how to escape from the yard.

slick
01-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately this seems to be happening more often these days.:(

RIP Tommy. You were deeply loved and very much missed.