PDA

View Full Version : Canuck has gone to RB :(((

aly
01-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Some of you were around when I used to talk about Canuck. He was a long-term resident at a shelter I used to work at. He was there for about 9 months before getting adopted. He was my heart dog and I came VERY close to adopting him. The only thing stopping me was my landlord would NOT let me have another animal (it'd be pretty hard to hide the 65 lb boy).

I'm constantly falling in love with animals, but Canuck was different. I cried on a daily basis wishing he could come live with me. I kept looking for somewhere to move so I could have him. He was goofy, silly, and so sweet. He'd spend hours in my lap cuddling. I still remember when I taught him to shake. He went around for weeks doing nothing but offering his paw to people. He loved everyone and everything. I often took him on trips to Petsmart and to my apartment to play with Reece. I even took Reece to the shelter to play with Canuck there too.

The day he got adopted was a good day, but I couldn't stop crying for weeks. His new owners were great and even emailed me some pictures from time to time. They adopted another dog along with him so he'd have a friend.

Several months ago, I heard that he started having seizures. They really tried everything, but on Tuesday morning Canuck went to Rainbow Bridge.

It doesn't seem fair or right. He wasn't even two years old yet. He was so full of life and love. I feel so empty and heartbroken inside. It hurts as bad as if I had lost a family member or one of my own pets. I just don't know how I'm going to get past this hurt.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p2cd260b2b17516c407ba385850edd757/fd3631dc.jpg

pitc9
01-23-2004, 11:06 AM
OMG... Aly.... I am so sorry!!!
What a sad story, but we all know he's better off at RB than here on earth in pain!

God Bless you Canuck.... RIP sweet baby!
:(

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-23-2004, 11:13 AM
{{{{Aly}}}}

don't worry about him Aly.. just know he is in a better place pain free and happy.. and he is probably telling all our RB pets about all the good times you gave him while he was here with us.

slick
01-23-2004, 12:02 PM
:( Aly this has brought so many tears to my eyes....I'm so sorry for the loss of Canuck. He looks like such a sweetheart.

Hugs to you Aly and I sure wish there was something I could say to stop the hurt. Take comfort in remembering the good times you spent with him. He knew you loved him and I'm sure he is watching over you right now.

RIP Canuck.

K9soul
01-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm so deeply sorry for your loss Aly. I truly feel some of your pain, and it's hard not to cry... How awful the sense of loss when one of our angels passes from this life.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh, Aly, I am sooo sorry! That's sooo sad! Well, Canuck is now in a better place. Rip, sweet Canuck. We love you!:( :(

lovemyshiba
01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm so sorry Aly:(

{{{hugs}}}

Rest In Peace, sweet Canuck, you will be missed terribly.

ChrisH
01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Oh, Aly, I am so sorry. :(

Rest in Peace, sweet Canuck.

stacwase
01-23-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm sitting here blinking back the tears. I'm so sorry. YOu made a big difference in his life, though. Know that you made his short stay on this earth happy.

ramanth
01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry. :( :( Canuck was such a handsome boy.

Try to be at peace that he died having a home and loving parents instead of at the shelter.

*HUGS*

Kater
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I don't know what to say Aly. :( Canuck was shown great love on this earth and that is the greatest gift of all. Although he may have died young, he also lead a very full life thanks to you and his adopters. I bet he's up in heaven right now offering his paw to everybody and putting smiles on their faces, just like he did here on earth! :D

RIP Canuck. Give Aly a little sign to let her know that you're okay now.

dukedogsmom
01-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh, I knew I shouldn't read this at work! Now I'm trying to hold back tears and sniffling. I'm so sorry to hear about Canuck. Just be so thankful for all of the time you got to spend with him. And take comfort in the fact that he must have known how much you loved him. He's no longer in pain now.

amoore
01-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Aly, I am so sorry to hear that! :(

primabella
01-23-2004, 04:14 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry Aly. :(

I remember when you entered Canuck in a contest I was holding a long time ago and I fell in love with his picture! I'm so sorry that such a great dog was sent to the bridge so soon. :( RIP Canuck.

sabies
01-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear. What a sweet looking dog - rest in peace Canuck.

Cincy'sMom
01-23-2004, 06:15 PM
i remember sweet Canuck and I'm sorry. He is in no pain nowand I'm sure you will see him again someday.

RIP Canuck :)

aly
01-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Thank you guys :(

I have been trying to keep myself really busy. But every time I get a minute to think, the tears flow and I feel so terrible.

I know he had a great life with his family. I just... I don't know. It was too short. His soul was so beautiful. I can't imagine this world without him on it :(

Cataholic
01-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Aly,
I am so sorry to hear that Canuck went to the RB. His time on earth was entirely too short. May you, and his family, be comforted by knowing you showered him with love.

carole
01-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh Aly I feel your pain, really I do, sweetie I know its hurts like heck and it will for ages yet, I wish I could make it all better, but I just want to say I am thinking of you, and sending my heartfelt sympathy to you at this difficult sad time. HUGS, HUGS, HUGS.

Sudilar
01-23-2004, 09:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Canuck. Canuck received a lifetime of love from you and his new family. That is something to be thankful for. It hurts so much when they are taken away so young. My parents' Bandit, who was taken by cancer at 2, will meet you at RB and show you the ropes. Run healthy and free, Canuck, knowing that you were greatly loved.

Hugs to you, aly.

shais_mom
01-23-2004, 10:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Aly. I can totally sympathasize with Canuck's family. I am stunned.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

clara4457
01-23-2004, 10:35 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Aly - I am so sorry. I am happy that he found his forever home and had a good life before Dog took him to live at the bridge, but I know your heart aches at the loss of the beautiful boy.

wolf_Q
01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh Aly, I'm shocked...I don't even know what to say. :( I defintely remember sweet Canuck..the adorable goof dog with such a sweet face. I could tell you loved him dearly, I know how much you wanted to adopt him. What a sad fate that he was taken at such an early age. At least that short life was filled with love. May he rest in peace. :( {{{HUGS}}}

Aspen and Misty
01-23-2004, 11:24 PM
To Quote the Pet Pshycic (SP) We never get over them, we just get used to living without them.

I'm so sorry for your loss Aly ::hugs:: I know this is hard, it's always hard and it never gets easier. You are such an angel. He had a wonderful life on earth full of people who loved him and who he loved back. He'll be waiting for you and his family at the Rainbow Bridge.

Ashley

cloverfdx
01-24-2004, 12:55 AM
Oh Aly i am so sorry :(

Play hard at the bridge dear sweet Canuck.

Smilla
01-24-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Canuck. He had such a sweet face, and it's obvious how much you and his owners cared for him.

lbaker
01-24-2004, 08:26 AM
they say only the good die young, well thats' not always so, sometimes they are just takin unfairly, poor baby was taken somehow but the love he was shown he took with him on the trip. Angel Aly, there is a special place in our hearts for you always... all ways. Straighten your back, stand up straight, brush you teeth, put some light in your eyes, take Reece & Lolly for a walk and talk happy to them. They know Aly. They know.
Love, Laurie

Tonya
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
I am sorry, Aly. I know you've experienced so much heartbreak with all the animals that you've saved. But keep in mind that you've made their lives better. Canuck knew love before he passed on. He didn't have to die in a loveless shelter, he was able to die happy.