PDA

View Full Version : A tip to keep your cat stimulated

Julie Grove
01-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Apparently, we offer our cats food far to easily and this may be why they get bored with it quickly. Here's the tip: buy small (paper) cake cases and put food in them and place them in various part of the flat. To start with wrap the paper loosely to make it easy for them to find the food and then as they familiarise themselves with the 'game' begin to wrap the paper a little tighter. This keeps them interested and makes food a little more exciting for them. Sometimes Lucy will spend quite a long time trying to get the food inside - it is rather amusing to watch.

Barbara
01-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Good idea. Putting treats in a little paper box is something I have tried!

For the indoor hunters;)

RICHARD
01-23-2004, 05:39 PM
LOL..

I buy packages of Kool Aid (it's an unsweetened powder drink mix in small square envelopes)...I'd keep them in a cup on the table........they would regularly get dumped all over the floor and table....

For some reason moisture was getting into the packets and making the powder turn hard....

It wasn't until I figured out that the teeth marks in the envelope were the reason.....

Stimulated? YES......

behaving? NO!!!!!

Uabassoon
01-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I should try that, I think Corkscrew would really enjoy finding food around the apartment :)

Uniqueviking
01-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Great idea. I will definitely try that with Baby Satan aka Boomer!