PDA

View Full Version : Nellie loves the fine arts...

bisi.cat
01-23-2004, 03:21 AM
As I've mentioned in another thread I love books and I sometimes love to read out loud, espcecially poems...

...and Nellie loves it sooooo much...she then would snuggle up near me and listen...a good poem can calm her down in no time...

Her favourite poem is Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog"...she just loves it and prefers it to any other piece of literature!

Do your cats enjoy the fine arts, too...do they love classic music or poems...
I know I am weird...;)

Barbara
01-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Tigris says:

AAAAh Byron.......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p0b2b4936e868f3c46cf1de89f275aa7d/fcbda705.jpg

And of course he plays the piano:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p90554ebf2db2333039c979c9156addc5/fcbe7a14.jpg

Nellie may check after the Captain's Dinner: he may well be sitting in his new tuxedo at the piano;)

Kirsten
01-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Oh, that's so sweet! :) Her meowmie's love for books and poetry rubbed off on her! :)

I haven't noticed such a thing in Lily yet, but for some reason, Luna likes it when I sing to her. When I had her with me when visiting friends in Cologne, she cried so much on our way back, and when I sang to her, she calmed down. Well, maybe she was just trying to find a way not to listen! :D

Kirsten

Kirsten
01-23-2004, 04:41 AM
Barbara: Beautiful photos! :) Your cats look really cultured and educated! :)

Kirsten

catnapper
01-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Not literature, but Fine Arts anyways. Pouncer loves to watch me draw. He'll sit for hours on the end of my drafting table and watch me. He loves anything to do with paint to (as was evidenced by the teal incident last weekend:rolleyes: )

But seriously, I think my guy simply likes art. He rarely tries to attack my pencil, and will occasionally ask to sit in my lap while I draw. He just sits there with an intent lok on his face and you know he's watching - really watching.

As for my singing, he'd go crying in the other direction. The only literature around here is the Sporting News or my murder mystery of the week.

aki
01-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Chuck really like books. You know, climb in the one I'm reading, rub his face on it, bite the edges, take off with my bookmark, and bat at the pages as I turn them. And, whoa! Don't get out the newspaper unless you want him to read it with you. Sometimes he wants to "read" the back of the page you're reading. Or better yet, act like he's digging a hole in the paper until his paws are good and black and then climb on your pants. What fun! :)

Killearn Kitties
01-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Samantha loves it when her daddy plays the guitar. She will run in from another room and wrap herself around his legs. It's very sweet.

sirrahbed
01-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Our kitties are country music fans:D Hubbys plays often and they like to help and even try to play! I always leave the country station playing when we are away. Their current favorite is Alan Jackson. Well...I *THINK*.they like it...they do not get much choice;) The only other music they really hear is Enya when I have a migraine.....:rolleyes:

catlover4ever
01-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Mine do. They love a CD that I have that is called Strauss Naturally. It is a combnation of his waltzes and water in the background, or a thunderstorm, and birds chirping. They also love any of the nature/music/natural CD's....it calms them right down and puts them to sleep, in turn it gives their meowmie some time to relax with them as well.

They all also like it when I craft. I love to do counted cross stitch and they will sit with me for hours. I know it's not literature or fine arts, but it is the only "art" I do.

jazzcat
01-23-2004, 11:54 AM
That is so neat about Nellie loving the poems.

My gang isn't much into the fine arts but Jazz loves a loud movie. Every time my husband puts in a movie and cranks up the surround sound she will run to her pillow on the sofa near a speaker and "watch" the movie with us. She loves the loud noises where as Ripley runs and hides in the bedroom.

Ripley does like for me to sing to him though. His favorite song that I've been singing to him since he was a kitten is "Just a Gigolo" - the David Lee Roth rendition. Crazy I know. Ripley sometimes tries to sing with me.

I guess that's many steps down from the fine arts, LOL!!

bisi.cat
01-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Aaawww so many cats here are into the fine arts...they are all so sophisticated, aren't they?!

Catnapper, have you ever heard of the book "Why cats paint!" from Burton/Silver...maybe Pouncer would be a great artist, too?!

Uabassoon
01-23-2004, 02:39 PM
My kitties don't seem to like it when I play the bassoon, well they like to sleep in the bassoon case. Tibby loves it when I play my guitar and she tried to rub her face on the guitar while I'm playing.