PDA

View Full Version : Jaden update...

Tonya
01-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Just wanted to let you all know how Jade is doing...He'd had a fever and rash all week. He seemed ok today, so I sent him to school. The school called me to let me know his fever was back and the rash was worse.

I took him to the doctor and they said he has scarlet fever. I'd never heard of it except in the old days. The doctor says it's nothing to worry about, but it's contagious, so to keep him home. He said it is in the strep throat family, but it comes with a rash and fever. He's on antibiotics.

luckies4me
01-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh wow! :eek: Prayers sent already for your boy! How scary. Isn't he vaccinated? I guess they don't always work do they? :( Poor boy. I hope he gets better soon.

micki76
01-22-2004, 10:15 PM
I didn't think people still got that! Did he get it from school?

Poor baby.:(

G.P.girl
01-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Awww poor Jaden! i hope he feels better soon!:(

lovemyshiba
01-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I didn't think people still got that! Did he get it from school?

Poor baby.:(

I didn't either--poor Jaden:(

I'll be thinking of him, and keep him in my prayers.

Tonya
01-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks for your concerns. I thought people didn't get it and that we were all vaccinated for it too. The doctor says you can still get it with vaccinations, it just isn't as harsh. Don't worry about him. He's already to his hyper self. lol. Just gotta get rid of the fever and rash.

4 Dog Mother
01-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Amy had Scarlet Fever when she was a baby - oh yeah that was a lot of years ago - but I was told the same thing - even with vaccinations they can still get it but a milder case of it. And like Jaden, it didn't last long. How old is Jaden now? And what grade?

Tonya
01-23-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm glad to hear that from you, 4 dog. I haven't met anyone else that had heard of it these days. Jaden is 6 years old and in Kindergarten. (He's tall as heck like me, BTW!) Here he is:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7e5a11a0d824b65bb80d7055c8507151/fa71b9c7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pc9b92345ecf7d4cd2099057c4a65e60d/fa319cff.jpg

stacwase
01-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Betsy had it when she was little. As a nurse I know that it's still pretty common. If you have strep throat with the rash, then it's scarlet fever! Don't worry though. Betsy's fine. Or - maybe - jeez, maybe that's what's wrong with her! heheheheh

popcornbird
01-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Oh poor kid! :( I never knew people still get Scarlet Fever! Get well soon Jaden!

ramanth
01-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh poor Jaden!!! Being sick sucks. :( :(

I hope he heals up quickly.

lynnestankard
01-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Poor Jaden - Wishing him well very quickly.

This old lady remembers having scarlet fever when she was 7 - and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks - I was scared to death!! Mum and Dad could only wave from the window and not come in the ward - it was awful.

At least Jaden's at home with Mum and Dad and hopefully getting very spoiled. Ice lollipops are really good for sore throats!!

Lynne

RICHARD
01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Tonya,

That's it!
I am going to put you on my 'Ignore List'.

I have had it.

I cringe everytime I see you have posted a new thread.........I think.....'What is next?'

I had a run of bad luck like yours once....and I think that you just have beat my record...
:eek:

I think the only thing left is for a Giant Frozen Dinosaur to be found in your back yard....You know , the one that wakes up and trashes the neighborhood..... :rolleyes:

Feel better Jaden.....

Tonya
01-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Tonya,

That's it!
I am going to put you on my 'Ignore List'.

I have had it.

I cringe everytime I see you have posted a new thread.........I think.....'What is next?'

I had a run of bad luck like yours once....and I think that you just have beat my record...
:eek:

I think the only thing left is for a Giant Frozen Dinosaur to be found in your back yard....You know , the one that wakes up and trashes the neighborhood..... :rolleyes:

Feel better Jaden.....

LMAO, Richard. No matter what is going on, you never fail to make me laugh. Thanks for making me smile, all.

RICHARD
01-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
LMAO, Richard. No matter what is going on, you never fail to make me laugh. Thanks for making me smile, all.

You'll change your mind when the T-Rex starts to rip apart the trampoline.:eek:

Kfamr
01-24-2004, 03:25 AM
Hmm... so Richard, is that T-Rex's claw I see to the left on the ground??:p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7e5a11a0d824b65bb80d7055c8507151/fa71b9c7.jpg

Get well soon Jaden! How is he feeling now? I hope no one else catches it from him! :eek:

RICHARD
01-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Hmm... so Richard, is that T-Rex's claw I see to the left on the ground??:p

lolol,

what's going on in YOUR neighborhood?

Denyce
01-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Tonya,

So sorry to hear your son is sick. My aunt had scarlet fever when she was a baby. Of course that was about 56 years ago. She lost her hearing because of it but the times and the lack of medication was much different. I am sure that your Jaden is going to come through this just fine.

Denyce

Tonya
01-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Get well soon Jaden! How is he feeling now? I hope no one else catches it from him! :eek:

He's feeling fine, but I woke up this morning with a sore throat. (Scarlet fever is related to strep throat.) I'm going to the doc today for antibiotics! Heck no am I going to go through that!