PDA

View Full Version : A bad day! (just venting)

Katiesmom
01-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Back in December my husband and I were playing around and his elbow hit me right in the mouth and knocked some of my tooth out!

Well I go to the dentist and hes like well lets do this right and put a crown on it I was like ok thats fine because I want it done right. well he got the crown put on and he said it would be sensitive for atleast a day or so. A day goes by, a week goes by, two weeks go by and my tooth is still very sensitive, I mean I can't go outside with my mouth open or else I will die from the pain and sometimes I don't want to breathe cuz it hurts and the one thing that makes me mad is that I can't eat ICE REAM:mad: !

I go back to the dentist and he puts me on antibiotic and tells me that if that don't work that he would shave a lil off the back of my crown. Ok well I am done with the antibiotic and my tooth isn't any better and I call the dentist and hes says I need a root canal $745 I'm like what! Theres was nothing wrong with my tooth before he started drilling on my tooth so why should I have to pay for this root canal, he obviously made a mistake, I go in with a chip tooth and coming out with $1400 worth of work done on that one tooth. I am still paying for the crown.

I told my husband and hes like well you'll have the root canal but we aren't paying for it. I mean could my day get any worse!

Moose
01-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Yikes! :eek:

I'm sorry to hear about your tooth...I know how it feels to have extreme sensitivity [although, I probably don't know it to your extent]. When I got my braces off years ago, I started bleaching my teeth. Sometimes my teeth got so sensitive from the bleach, I couldn't even breathe or leave my mouth open.

Blech...teeth. :p

Katiesmom
01-22-2004, 02:20 PM
I hear ya :eek: and the only way I can get it to go away is to have the root canal:mad:

Tonya
01-22-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear that! I hate dentists.

Kiia
01-22-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm on that list as well, the "I hate dentists". Everytime I hear a drill I cringe. I had my wisdom teeth taken out, 3 at one time. I hear the cracking, yanking, and the freezing wasn't always working on my mouth either. I would be like, "tha hus, I an no froen anymo" "tha hus, I an no froen anymo" (while he had his hand in my mouth :rolleyes: ), he said what? I can't make out what your saying, just sit there, calm down and this will go alot faster. I clamped down on his hand and said THAT HURTS, I AM NOT FROZEN ANYMORE! He got the idea pretty quick, after that every few minutes he would ask if this hurt or if that hurt, I would let him know when I started feeling the pain of it. :o

Katiesmom
01-22-2004, 02:42 PM
OMG! just the thought makes me shiver....ugh:eek:

carole
01-22-2004, 05:15 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having such problems with your teeth, i suffer from very sensitive teeth, and use a sensodyne toothpaste recommended by my dentist, it does help.

Do you guys go to a dentist that offers waterlaser treatment,? its supposed to be painless, no drills, injections, and they can do amost anything that way, I am changing to a new dentist because he offers this service, BTW he learn't the procedure in the good ole US of A, no suprises there, actually I am going next sat, but just for a clean and polish, hope thats all anyhow.

RICHARD
01-22-2004, 05:27 PM
OH no,

feel better, KM!

Here's my tooth story.....

I was eating popcorn one day and bit into an unpopped kernel....I bruised my gum and was kinda worried about my mouth. Later that week I went to a BBQ (Pet Talk) but wasn't feeling to hot...the tooth was killing me....

I got their late and had a good time......at the end of the BBQ we were all saying our good byes when a lady (LBAKER) gave me a hug and accidentally bumped my cheek......OMG, I almost passed out......

I didn't want her feel bad about it so I won't mention her name.....(LBAKER) She had a broken arm and didn't want her to feel badly about hurting me (LBAKER)....

She recovered (LBAKER) and so did I.....
-----

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I was under anesthesia......I remember feeling someone pulling on my jaw, so I tried to get up to follow....I do remember someone, in a rather shocked voice say, "He's coming out of it".

TO this day I wonder who they were talking about...:eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
01-22-2004, 06:29 PM
I hope you feel better! :(
I had to get two of my baby teeth pulled out, so I could get braces. You should have seen me the week before. PANIC. :eek: Then, it took about 10 minutes to pull both of them out, and I didn't feel anything...I also have one tooth that doesn't have a permanent tooth underneath it, so that one will fall out eventually.

Then, when I was about 10, I chipped my front tooth a little bit. I was at my sister's soccer practice, and you know those metal benches? Yeah...:eek: I fell and landed on my mouth. OUCH.

I hate teeth! ;):p