PDA

View Full Version : Pet insurance

wolfsoul
01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I've always heard that pet insurance is great, and so I always planned on getting it one day, but lately I haven't heard very nice things about it.

Who here has pet insurance? Are you happy with it?

wolfsoul
01-22-2004, 02:46 PM
bump

Tonya
01-22-2004, 02:53 PM
I looked into it. Pet insurance would have been great with my rainbow bridge, Rosco. That guy had parvo, a broken leg, skin problems, ear infections, stress...you name it!

After looking into it, I decided that for most animals, it isn't worth it. Especially because half the things that I had to take Rosco in for weren't even covered 100%. Most of my dogs growing up never saw a vet until their later days. (Aside from shots.) Roxy has never had to go to the vet. Dusty only went once for that skin infection. So I think it's kind of a waste of money. Animals tend to stay alot healthier then people do. They've got better immune systems.

micki76
01-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Michael and I take the $ we would have spent on premiums and put it in a savings account instead. We doubled our deposit when we could, and we have a nice little savings set aside now, just for the dogs. Of course, not everyone can do that.