PDA

View Full Version : Two Headed Baby

IttyBittyKitty
01-22-2004, 05:25 AM
Scary!!!

http://www.indystar.com/articles/1/113380-3621-009.html

The poor little mites aren't expected to live, but how often are the doctors wrong about these things?

I'm sorry but I've got to say it:

TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!

2kitties
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
It's so sad. I don't know which is worse, though, in this situation. Death or Survival. Clearly we can't make choices like that for others, but I am not sure I'd want to live that way.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-22-2004, 09:07 AM
That is so sad.... poor little babies.. and I feel so sad for that family too.....:(

lovemyshiba
01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
How sad.
Did I read correctly that it said the parents were teenagers?
So much heartbreak at a young age.:(

micki76
01-22-2004, 10:19 AM
That’s so sad. I’ve seen a show on Discovery channel where there are two 10 or so year old girls who are conjoined the same way. They are so active! They swim, ride a bike, and play softball. They pretty much do everything that other kids do. :)

Moose
01-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Oh no, that's awful. Those poor people...:(

RICHARD
01-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Scary!!!

TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!

What scares me is that people think just like I do....

I was in the store yesterday and saw this....

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/wwn/newsstand.cfm

I am going to defer makings ALL the absolutely obvious jokes and just let you all soak in the wonder of the what passes for news....

God, I am SOOOOOO tempted....;)

popcornbird
01-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Poor things! :( How so very sad.

Tonya
01-22-2004, 08:52 PM
OMG!

Twisterdog
01-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Very sad indeed.

I can't personally imagine living my entire life joined with another human being, even my sibling. Heck, maybe I should say, especially my sibling. I honestly think I would rather be dead than live that way.

I’ve seen a show on Discovery channel where there are two 10 or so year old girls who are conjoined the same way. They are so active! They swim, ride a bike, and play softball. They pretty much do everything that other kids do.

That's amazing. And very sad. IMO, as ten year old kids, life can be tolerable, even fun, in a situation like that. But as those kids get older, I think it is going to be so, so much worse. As teenagers, as adults. For the next 80 or so years. So sad.

The girls' parents, Fort Wayne teen-agers, directed doctors not to provide aggressive care, said Dr. Robert Jansen, a neonatologist who was there for the birth.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the maturity of that choice. Many parents ten or twenty years older than these teenagers might not make such a wise choice. IMO, a lot of the super-aggressive treatment, meant to save preemies at any cost, is for the parents own conscience, without concern for the babies themselves. Some of these babies, after spending millions of dollars to save them, live lives as little more than vegetables, at best. At keast these parents have the sense enough to let them go when they should.

IttyBittyKitty
01-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
What scares me is that people think just like I do....

I was in the store yesterday and saw this....

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/wwn/newsstand.cfm

I am going to defer makings ALL the absolutely obvious jokes and just let you all soak in the wonder of the what passes for news....

God, I am SOOOOOO tempted....;)

Richard exercises restraint....first for everything I suppose!

trayi52
01-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Did the babies die? I seen somewhere that some twins had died, so was it them?

Foam
01-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by micki76
That’s so sad. I’ve seen a show on Discovery channel where there are two 10 or so year old girls who are conjoined the same way. They are so active! They swim, ride a bike, and play softball. They pretty much do everything that other kids do. :)

I saw that too! The girls were so pretty too. :eek:
They had some kind of club as well. A no boys club or something, and the guy hosting the show was in their clubhouse and they told him to leave because it was a no boys clubhouse. :D Cute.

sirrahved
01-27-2004, 09:38 AM
The girls only lived four days. One had a big defect in her heart that was taxing both girls' systems. The parents asked for no huge measures to be taken for the girls. They were not put on life support and had a DNR on them.

Yes, the parents were teenagers. The mother is 18 and the father is 19. It's so sad, to be so young and have such a huge burden on them like this! Not to mention the financial cost of it all.

They were from my city. That's why I know way too much about these girls!

2kitties
01-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Twisterdog, I agree with your post.