PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers for a friend's Mom

Kater
01-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Tomorrow my friend's mother, Barbara, will have surgery as a result of her diagnosis of ovarian cancer. I'm not sure but I'm guessing she will be having a hysterectomy. The doctors caught the cancer quite early and at this point the cancer has not spread beyond the ovaries.

I have known this family since I was only 5 years old and I love every single one of them to death! (including their adorable pound puppy - a Benji look-alike named Max ;) ) Their oldest and only daughter is a junior in college and she struggled immensely trying to decide whether she should take time off of school and be with her mother during this time. Barbara insisted that she didn't need her to stay back but encouraged her to do whatever she wanted. Barbara is rather stubborn and always puts her children before herself.
She is a really wonderful mother! :D (I should know, she's always treated me like family!)

Her daughter did return to college for the spring semester and so I'm not sure who will be with Barbara post surgery. Unfortunately Barbara and her husband are going through a messy divorce. It is so sad because they are one of those couples that you would never expect to get divorced! :( The divorce has been very hard on all three of the kids and it seems that when their daughter is not there to hold the family together then everything falls apart. :( Their older son has down syndrome and is the friendliest guy you will ever meet. I can't imagine how confused and hurt he is by the divorce and everything else that is going on. :(

I ask that you keep Barbara and her family in your prayers. Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, the 22nd.

Thank you for your prayers and thanks for reading.

RobiLee
01-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Barbara will be in my thoughts and prayers. This will be a difficult time for them and I am wishing them all the best.

Robin

Kater
01-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Barbara's surgery will be in the morning on the 22nd (Hawaii time).

Thanks Robin!!!

shais_mom
01-21-2004, 11:50 PM
prayers on the way!!!

Kater
01-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Thanks Staci!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Barbara's way.

Kater
01-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Thank you, Tracey!

ChrisH
01-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Prayers on the way for Barbara and her family.

lovemyshiba
01-22-2004, 09:55 AM
I will keep Barbara and her family in my prayers during this difficult time.

Please update us when you can.

cloverfdx
01-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Thoughts and prayers are on the way .

ramanth
01-22-2004, 10:04 AM
She will be in my thoughts. Sending healing vibes her way. *hugs*

Kater
01-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Thank you Chris, Emily, Rhiannon and Kimmy!
I will hopefully have an update later today.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Prayers on the way for Barbara...

Kater
01-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Thank you, Sara! :)

tatsxxx11
01-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Was the surgery today, Kater? Please let us know how she's doing when you hear. What a dear and caring friend you are. Barbara sure has had a lot to deal with lately. I'm glad she has a loving daughter to help her through this ordeal. I will keep Barbara and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Sandra

Kater
01-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Thank you, Sandra!
Well, it is almost 12:30 pm in Hawaii right now so she is probably out of surgery. I'm still waiting for an update.
*sigh* :(

Kater
01-24-2004, 03:12 PM
GOOD NEWS!!! - The surgery went smoothly and Barbara is now resting. It is not yet known whether she will require radiation therapy.

Thank you again for your prayers! :D

Uabassoon
01-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm happy to hear that her surgery went well. I hope that everything else goes well for her since it sounds like she is having a difficult time right now. I will continue to pray for her.

dukedogsmom
01-24-2004, 07:22 PM
I am so sorry I didn't see this when it was written! I hope Barbara made it through ok and finds some comfort in the prayers that were said for her. It is a very sad situation. I hope she has someone there for her in her recovery for the surgery as well as her heart.

Kater
01-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for your prayers Laura & Val! :D

I have another HAPPY update! Although Barbara's cancer was at stage 3, there is absolutely no evidence of any spreading to her Lymph Nodes. This means she does not need radiation therapy! I am so very relieved!!!

Thank you ALL so much for your wonderful prayers and support!

dukedogsgrandma
01-29-2004, 08:18 PM
I've put Barbara on my prayer list and will keep her there until you give us a positive up-date on her condition!