PDA

View Full Version : Dog Park pics (including bullet and blue pit!) and rant...

Tonya
01-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Well, I'll start with the rant. As we were pulling up to the park, this guy was walking by with a pitbull. He was a beautiful blue, so we started chatting and invited him into the park. Sancho was 6 months old and totally sweet. Here we are introducing the guy to the dog park and everyone left the minute he walked in the gate. One guy actually said "I'm getting the hell out of here, I don't want my dog around THAT." That guy's dog (I can tell) had pit in him. It was vague, but I could tell it was a pit mix. Sancho's dad felt bad, and I told him not to worry about it and talked him into staying. Then the guy with the greyhound miracle pulls up. He calls me over and says "How long is that guy staying?" I said "I don't know, I just met him, but his dog is just a puppy and really sweet." He didn't want to bring his dogs in, but he finally came in, and of course, Sancho just tried to lick the greyhound to death.

Then, David comes with Bullet. And the greyhound owner was all "No, way! That's enough of this." And he left all mad. Then, he turns around and goes to David and the other pit owner "You gangsters better clean up after your dogs!...Sorry Mike and Tonya, I'll catch you later."

WTF?! Here I'm inviting two people to the park for the first time and that is the welcome they get? Geez.

On the same line, Bullet and Roxy did wind up getting in a tiff towards the end. (He tried to hump her.) Thank God no one witnessed that or they'd hate pits for sure. We were able to break it up pretty quick and no one was hurt.

Regardless, it was just Bullet, Roxy, Dusty, and Sancho. They all had a blast and got along really well. Enjoy the pics!

Sancho:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pdab6995081d29bb3e31e03800deb0923/f9de6dba.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pb6a8998bf45c16db3212d7064dd6a217/f9de6ded.jpg

Sancho, Roxy, and Bullet:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p8fba671964474b200ed9ce55f827a888/f9de6df8.jpg

Mike and Bullet:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p99c1adbaf7d3f04b6aea16609c329808/f9de6de0.jpg

Bullet and Roxy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pb9d4a2ac3ce9816a6a85c4f7419bd7bf/f9de6dde.jpg

Sancho and his daddy with David and Bullet:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pfd26ab29d1173fc66c58d0b576f4abf3/f9de6dda.jpg

Roxy and Dusty:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p670255b890df53c96853d52c9f5f5df2/f9de6dcc.jpg

Kfamr
01-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Ohhhhh Tonya. Those people are lucky I wasn't there. :mad: :mad:

They'd have a hot metal rod stuck up their @$$! :mad: :mad: :mad:

People like that make me so angry.

Great pictures, the Pitties are gorgeous! :D

delidog
01-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh Tonya,
That is Ashame!!!!!
And Just Down Right RUDE!!!!!!

If they don't want to participate For Whatever Reason....Just go on your merry way...and keep Your Mouth Shut!!!!

That is really Mean...I am sorry to hear that...I know that Bullies have a Bad Rap...but a Dog is only as Bad as Its' Owner...Just Like Children...Direct reflection of Parents!!!!

Sorry....That just makes me So MAD:mad: !!!!

That Blue Baby Looks Sweet...and we Already know what a Sweetie Bullet is...Sorry your friends had to endure that...
I'll get off my soapbox now!!!

captain
01-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Oooo yes .......... evil Pit Bull ............. WHAT THE!!!!!????

Really, I HATE people like that. It is a DOG park, not a "NO PIT BULL DOG park"

Jerks, best they left anyway. The dogs had a good time in spite of them and their narrow minded attitudes!

delidog
01-21-2004, 08:26 PM
You GO,Mon Captain!!!!!

Foam
01-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow! That's a pack of bootiful doggies! :D
People can be so inconsiderate..psh they need to meet me. ;)

Tonya
01-21-2004, 09:02 PM
I know! Grrr, one thing I've noticed about this dog park is that everyone is real cliquish. Is everyone else's park like that? They are constantly talking smack about other people's dogs. It is already getting annoying and I have only been going for a week. I can understand not wanting dog fights. But aside from that, unless you want your dog to play, don't come. Geez!

It seems to me like the custom is that everyone leashes their dogs when a new dog is entering the park. Once they all meet, the leashes come off. Since I'm new to parks, I've just been paying attention to whatever everyone else does and follow their lead. But some people get upset that you take your dog's leash off without their permission. Geez, if the dogs are getting along fine, I'm not going to stand here all day while you get settled in with your dog. No one has specifially complained about me to my face, but with as much smack that I've heard over petty stuff, I am sure someone has gotten mad at me.

stacwase
01-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey - look on the bright side. You got the park and a couple of hot guys all to yourself! :)

K9soul
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Wow, Sancho is beautiful! I'm sorry you had to deal with ignorant people. I can understand them being more cautious around dogs they don't know.. I would be too until I was sure mine and theirs got along ok, but to act like total jerks and make rude comments with no basis at all is really sad.

Btw, love that last picture of Dusty and Roxy, they look like they are laughing together :D

Tonya
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Hey - look on the bright side. You got the park and a couple of hot guys all to yourself! :)

I'm happier surrounded in a park full of dogs then a few hot guys. The dogs love me 24/7. lol.

Tonya
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Btw, love that last picture of Dusty and Roxy, they look like they are laughing together :D

Hey! They do! Thank you for pointing that out to me. :D

Tweety_Pie
01-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I love the pictures! :D I have never seen a blue pit! HOW GORGEOUS!

I can't beleive those idiots said that! Thats so rude!:mad:

DogLover9501
01-21-2004, 11:12 PM
:eek: wow that pitbull is so gorgeous!!! I love the color, and those eyes!!! :o

Anyway, I know how alot of people are, my cousin Jack owns two pitbulls(that Jasper plays with) and alot of our FAMILY won't go up there!!!:rolleyes: Both of them are huge sweethearts, yet some people won't take time to find out....

And the thing that makes me the most mad!! Is that Kim(Jack's wife) tells people that they ARENT purebreds, when they are!!! Just because it doesn't sound as bad :mad: That isnt going to help at all!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

shais_mom
01-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Grr talk about idiot people! Not only are they BREED biased but it sounds like they are racist also.

Fox-Gal
01-22-2004, 12:53 AM
People like that don't need to have the enjoyment of the park anyway. If they want to act like a as$, then better that they go home. You did the park a favor driving then away, more enjoyment with decent people around.

I hope you invited him to come back with you again. It could do one of two things, drive the idiots away or teach them that they where wrong about that breed. What ever way it goes it is for the better.

His dog is beautiful, btw. And your guys look like they where having a great time with him. Fun at the part what more could you ask for. :)

Kfamr
01-22-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by stacwase

I was kinda thinking th same thing... plus they both have Pitties! HEAVEN!:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :p :p

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-22-2004, 02:52 AM
How terrible of your dog park friends to behave the way they did around Sancho and his dad. They should have at least stayed a bit and then left if they felt uncomfortable. People can be so stupid!

Sancho is a gorgeous pup. Just gorgeous!!

Thank you for sharing your pictures.

CathyBogart
01-22-2004, 03:16 AM
I get nervous when we bring teeny little Stella to the local dog park, but I would NEVER say anything rude to another owner whose doggies were behaving, ESPECIALLY such a beautiful little pitty! He's got such a sweet face, I want to reach through the screen and give him a hug!

ramanth
01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Everyone is quite laid back at the dog park that I take Kia too.

You get some who act real obnoxious, like they know everything, and sometimes it's the owners that need to be seperated (One guy went off on a women who brought an intact male and female), but for the most part everyone gets along. I've seen dogs of all sizes and have never seen a 'fight'. A few tiffs here and there (some even started by Kia, an intact female tried to hump her and she wasn't very amused) and that's all.

Most of the time, it's the small dogs chasing down the big dogs and the big dogs start bawling for their mommas. It's pretty funny.

Those people were such jerks. Hopefully David and Sancho's owner will continue to go to the park. All the pups are beautiful. :)

anna_66
01-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
I know! Grrr, one thing I've noticed about this dog park is that everyone is real cliquish. Is everyone else's park like that? They are constantly talking smack about other people's dogs.
Well, I haven't seen any of that in Findlay & the park that we go to around here isn't like that either. Everyone is pretty nice.
I know some people are leery about some dogs (like Huney-she's a mean chow;) ) but otherwise everyone is pretty nice.

And I must say that is the most beautiful pit I've ever seen! The pictues are great!