PDA

View Full Version : Ain't that sweet?

Glacier
01-21-2004, 03:32 PM
I have a malamute-siberian mix that I do not post about too much. Goldie is not part of my sled team as her front legs are deformed. The bones are curved from malnutrition as a puppy. Goldie had a rough life in her early years. She was found as a young adult, tossed over someone's fence into their dog run. She was surrendered to the humane society where she sat for two years before she came out to our place. She's a difficult dog in some ways. Very sweet with me and my husband, but afraid of pretty much everyone else. Goldie lives on a trolley style tie-out as she was stressed and fighting alot in the main run. She tolerates some of my submissive male dogs, but she truly adores Chase.

Chase is a tall, timid, goofy, clumsy, loud Alaskan husky. Also from the shelter and also a long term resident of the place. He lives in the main dog run as he gets along great with other dogs of all types, sizes and ages.

Goldie and Chase often spend the night in our arctic entry together. Whenever they do I always find them snuggled up in a big ball of fur in the morning. This morning, I was taking them both back to their respective spots. As I put Goldie back on her tie-out, Chase leaned past me and gave her a little lick on the ears. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Just a little good morning kiss!

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041217698748415920505.jpg

Obviously this pic wasn't taken recently! That hill is covered in a couple feet of snow right now! But this is Chase--the black and white dog and Goldie running together in September 2003. I always take Chase when Goldie goes for a walk. She has so much more fun than when she used to have to go alone.

mugsy
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
That's so sweet. You know Glacier, I so enjoy your stories and pictures. Goldie is in the best place for her and you're a great mom to think of Chase too.

ramanth
01-21-2004, 03:44 PM
How precious! I want to see more pics of them together. :)

catnapper
01-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Its like Chicken Soup for for Doggie Lover Soul! Such a great story!

K9soul
01-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
That's so sweet. You know Glacier, I so enjoy your stories and pictures.

I second that! I truly love hearing your stories and the pictures of those gorgeous dogs. Chase and Goldie look wonderfully happy and carefree.

captain
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
That is beautiful! What a lovely picture too ....

You are amazing .........

ChrisH
01-22-2004, 03:24 PM
What a lovely story. :)

anna_66
01-22-2004, 03:49 PM
I agree, your stories of all of your dogs are always so heart warming:D

I'm glad that you've given Goldie a wonderful forever home!